Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,551 ✭✭✭✭Varik

mrcheez wrote: »
    48 games you have no choice in, and 95% you probably wouldn't bother buying otherwise.

I think a better model for this would be to offer a selection of 8 games (one of them a VR title) and you select two to download.

If it was a game you'd be buying otherwise, you'd likely have already bought it.

If you had the choice Sony would have a harder time negotiating each game and likely it'd be nothing but really cheap games.

Likely be better if they allowed subs to vote each month, as they've done a few times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

The thing I like about the free games is the fact that you pick up games that you wouldn't normally pick up or hear about.

I remember getting Deadly Premonition on PS3 and it's one of my all time favourite games now. Thanks PS+

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

wong wrote: »
    The thing I like about the free games is the fact that you pick up games that you wouldn't normally pick up or hear about.

I remember getting Deadly Premonition on PS3 and it's one of my all time favourite games now. Thanks PS+

No, No, No, I platinumed the game but it nearly broke my heart, the driving mechanics were all over the place and the car would crash into an invisible piece of grass that you'd eventually have to drive around. The main character was a weirdo who paid huge money for the smallest things - "pack of matches - $86". It may have been a cult classic in Japan or China but I couldn't see the attraction myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

Did you get the Directors Cut because that's what I played. The controls still weren't the best but they were a hell of a lot better than the original.

The game had so much heart on a tiny budget. It's just one of those games that will forever be in my heart.

wong wrote: »
    Did you get the Directors Cut because that's what I played. The controls still weren't the best but they were a hell of a lot better than the original.

The game had so much heart on a tiny budget. It's just one of those games that will forever be in my heart.

Yeah same game that was on PS+ a couple of years back, my OCD meant I couldn't leave it unfinished on my trophy list. It's funny that it's still one of the games I remember the most even though I didn't like it!

One game I did like though was Spec Ops: The Line. Loved that game!

PS+ had some very good games for the PS3 a few years back.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

van_beano wrote: »
    Yeah same game that was on PS+ a couple of years back, my OCD meant I couldn't leave it unfinished on my trophy list. It's funny that it's still one of the games I remember the most even though I didn't like it!

One game I did like though was Spec Ops: The Line. Loved that game!

PS+ had some very good games for the PS3 a few years back.

Why would you platinum a game you didn't like? :confused:

Why would you platinum a game you didn't like? :confused:

Hate having games on my trophy list without a platinum trophy or 100% beside it, I'm a freak. Can't say I don't give games a fair crack of the whip to impress me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That's the craziest thing I've ever read!

:D
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    That's the craziest thing I've ever read!

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

Anybody see any good console bundle offers lately? Preferably with Fifa 18 or BF1...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Last call on Mafia 3 deluxe for 30 before it goes back to 60 tonight. Worth it for the whole package or still boring as shyte?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not that boring, decent GTA clone.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Last call on Mafia 3 deluxe for 30 before it goes back to 60 tonight. Worth it for the whole package or still boring as shyte?

Sleeping Dogs at €6.99 is a cheaper GTA clone

Sleeping dogs is class, cleared it on ps3 and ps4. Mafia on launch was boring just doing the same missions but I read the DLC gives more variety and some of the additions sound good, rebuilding a pub, customising cars, solving murders, etc. The patches seem to have fixed a few launch issues as well but I'm just not sure whether to try it again, especially digitally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there any other sites like that Press-Start one? They seem to be out of stock on €50 PSN's

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there any other sites like that Press-Start one? They seem to be out of stock on €50 PSN's

They've been out for about 3 or 4 months now, very frustrating

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

They've been out for about 3 or 4 months now, very frustrating

Bollocks, I'll just buy it off the store so. Cheers!

Zero-Cool wrote: »

I'm in the same boat as you, I really want to play it but I'm holding out for sub €20 physical. I'm really surprised it's held its value somewhat after the hammering it got from fans

I'm in the same boat as you, I really want to play it but I'm holding out for sub €20 physical. I'm really surprised it's held its value somewhat after the hammering it got from fans

Yeah, decided to hold off. Digital is too dodgy, got burnt already with a few digitals I wish I could get rid of. Yakuza Kiwami will keep me going a while anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Paid 22 euros for lost lagucy.

Where?

• Advertisement

Is there a gamestop trade in value list anywhere? I want to trade Farpoint and Zelda switch in hopes of getting Destiny 2, but not if they offer me a joke for them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Is there a gamestop trade in value list anywhere? I want to trade Farpoint and Zelda switch in hopes of getting Destiny 2, but not if they offer me a joke for them.

Farpoint was €20 in vouchers, or €30 if they're still offering the 50% extra Back to School thingy.

I think it was €16 cash, not great.

You can probably get €20 for it on Adverts though.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I think Zelda is still worth a few quid, 40 or 50 odd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I think Zelda is still worth a few quid, 40 or 50 odd.

Think they are still giving €50 credit on BotW.

Think they are still giving €50 credit on BotW.
    Sweet. I'll get destiny tomorrow then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

markc91 wrote: »

No they only play American football in America unfortunately...

Joking a side I'm not sure how the PlayStations are locked and that but I would suspect no, probably totally wrong though

SeanHarty wrote: »
    No they only play American football in America unfortunately...

Joking a side I'm not sure how the PlayStations are locked and that but I would suspect no, probably totally wrong though

It'll play fine. No region lock on the ps4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,103 ✭✭✭markc91

cheers lads

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

It'll play fine. No region lock on the ps4

Unless you later want to buy a different region add on :o:o

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement