Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

That Madden game will work but when I had the US version two years ago I couldn't get any MUT coins etc on my main account. So if Ultimate Team is something you're likely to play then be warned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,763 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

hurler97 wrote: »
    Anybody see any good console bundle offers lately? Preferably with Fifa 18 or BF1...

This in Smyths is the close to the best value around, even if you don't want Fifa 18 or Destiny 2 bundle that you can get in Smyths for €300 or €350 for the 1TB version it's good value if you sell on either game for ~€50

• Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭hurler97

This in

is the close to the best value around, even if you don't want Fifa 18 or Destiny 2 bundle that you can get in Smyths for €300 or €350 for the 1TB version it's good value if you sell on either game for ~€50

Thanks for your reply, is 500gb enough of memory?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

You can just delete games if you need.

If you'll be playing loads of different AAAs, no.

If you won't be playing loads of different AAA's, maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

dont forget you can alway just add a external harddrive to it later on to add more storage like a 1 TB or 2 TB portable usb power one etc ,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

If you think you may want to get a PSVR at some stage I'd recommend you spend a little more and get a Pro. Otherwise a Slim is fine for 2D gaming.

There's a 20% off sale on Amazon warehouse at the moment if you wanted to save a bit of cash and get a possible open box one (which will essentially be as good as new in my experience)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

I would rather pick 500GB version and spend remaining €50 on 1TB external drive leaving you with 1.5TB available.

I run out of disk space pretty quickly with downloaded games and installs.

Using external HDD for a while now and no issues at all.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,093 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New sale on Irish PSN store, looks like it's Ubisoft games and digital games
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

Remember, the previous sale items will still be discounted until 10.59pm tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I found 500gb's gets eaten up pretty damn quick.

I bought an external 2tb hard drive took it apart and put it into my playstation about 8months ago and no problems to date.

believe it cost me 80euro back then.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Will any external hard drive do? or is it a specific make/model? I'm running out of the 500 space and am sorry I didn't buy the 1TB.
    Is it a matter of plug into a usb port and away you go?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,844 ✭✭✭RobbieTheRobber

bobdcow wrote: »
    Will any external hard drive do? or is it a specific make/model? I'm running out of the 500 space and am sorry I didn't buy the 1TB.
    Is it a matter of plug into a usb port and away you go?

Get a usb 3.0 external hard drive such as this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B00TKFEEAS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504688897&sr=8-2&keywords=canvio

plug into PS4 and format in settings and you're good to go.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Remember, the previous sale items will still be discounted until 10.59pm tonight

Trials of Blood Dragon + Trials Fusion (bundle) for €15 seems like a good deal to me? (I've only played Blood Dragon, not Trials)

EDIT: Ah sorry Trials of the Blood Dragon is a version of Trials, not Blood Dragon, d'oh!

Only thing in the list I might be interested in is Eagle Flight, but still a tad pricey...

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Get a usb 3.0 external hard drive such as this

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Expansion-Portable-External-PlayStation/dp/B00TKFEEAS/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1504688897&sr=8-2&keywords=canvio

plug into PS4 and format in settings and you're good to go.

Thank you Robbie, that's a great help, looks so easy to set up, I'll give that a go :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,764 ✭✭✭Doodah7

If you are like me though, having a PS4 slim and there is no USB on the rear of the machine, I couldn't stick having one of the two USB ports semi-permanently used by an external hard drive.

I bought this and installed into the PS4... 2TB with no more faffing about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Drive-Factor/dp/B01M1UQQT5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504694917&sr=8-1&keywords=firecuda

They also do a 1TB if that floats your boat...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

This sale and the last one have been great. I'm saving loads of money by virtue of there being nothing interesting on sale…

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Doodah7 wrote: »
    If you are like me though, having a PS4 slim and there is no USB on the rear of the machine, I couldn't stick having one of the two USB ports semi-permanently used by an external hard drive.

I bought this and installed into the PS4... 2TB with no more faffing about:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-FireCuda-Internal-Drive-Factor/dp/B01M1UQQT5/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1504694917&sr=8-1&keywords=firecuda

They also do a 1TB if that floats your boat...

I have a day 1 PS4 and I did this as well, nervous doing it but very easy and has worked perfectly for the last 8 months or so.

Don't know why Sony don't release the playstaion with a range of different storage space allowing users to pay the bit extra if they want to so they don't have to go out looking again, with the rise in digital game sales 500gb's is gone in seconds, would never want anything less than 2tb's again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,897 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This sale and the last one have been great. I'm saving loads of money by virtue of there being nothing interesting on sale…

This sale really highlights the amount of absolute scutter shyte ubisoft release as DLC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    This sale really highlights the amount of absolute scutter shyte ubisoft release as DLC.

Yeah, there's only about six actual games for sale.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Went cheap and cheerful - Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, Coffin Dodgers and AC Chronicles Trilogy. All games that are likely to be on PS+ soon

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

van_beano wrote: »
    Went cheap and cheerful - Hitman Go, Lara Croft Go, Coffin Dodgers and AC Chronicles Trilogy. All games that are likely to be on PS+ soon

You do know you can get Hitman and Lara Croft Go for free(inc microtransactions) on Android through the Amazon Underground app.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

You do know you can get Hitman and Lara Croft Go for free(inc microtransactions) on Android through the Amazon Underground app.

Don't have an Android though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,458 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

van_beano wrote: »

Hitman Go and Lara Croft Go are fantastic games. If you've any interest in a platinum trophy in Hitman Go, then never press for a hint and more or less just completing the game will get it for you.

One of my very few platinums!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

Got Rainbow six gold,Dirt Rally and Return to Arkham..

I need those games in my backlog.. lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Destiny: The Collection £16 on Amazon.

Been waiting for this to drop in price. All DLC are download codes which is annoying.

4985698-l.jpg

Destiny: The Collection (PS4)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Destiny: The Collection £16 on Amazon.

Been waiting for this to drop in price. All DLC are download codes which is annoying.

4985698-l.jpg

Destiny: The Collection (PS4)

There will be very little playing D1 now the Destiny 2 has been released.

emmetkenny wrote: »
    There will be very little playing D1 now the Destiny 2 has been released.

Not for me as I'm waaaaaay behind. :rolleyes:

The advantage of being a slowpoke is that you can pick up older games cheap while everybody else is on the new releases!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,323 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Not for me as I'm waaaaaay behind. :rolleyes:

The advantage of being a slowpoke is that you can pick up older games cheap while everybody else is on the new releases!

Yes but you will find it hard to get the full benefits from a game like Destiny as it'll be much harder to get a Raid team going, Crucible numbers will be well down, very few people in patrol and the same with strikes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

Yes but you will find it hard to get the full benefits from a game like Destiny as it'll be much harder to get a Raid team going, Crucible numbers will be well down, very few people in patrol and the same with strikes.

I'm not really into multi-player though so it's all good.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,285 ✭✭✭fixXxer

It will be like a cool post apocalyptic wasteland where you're the last guardian left alive...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement