Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy a ps4 pro - preferably with Fifa 18 but that is not essential. Any help greatly appreciated.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,612 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Danick wrote: »
    I'm looking for the cheapest place to buy a ps4 pro - preferably with Fifa 18 but that is not essential. Any help greatly appreciated.

Best deal here is the Destiny 2(disc copy with the season pass) white PS4 Pro console with FIFA for €450 in GameStop.

http://links.gamestop.mkt5297.com/servlet/MailView?ms=NTQ5NzU1NjQS1&r=NzMzOTYzODkzNzMS1&j=MTI0NjkyMjM4NAS2&mt=2&rj=MTI0NjkyMjM4NAS2&rt=0

There is a black Fifa Pro bundle in Smyths for €440, but Destiny 2 with the Season Pass is worth the extra €10(especially as its worth €100) even just to sell on.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Amazon price for the PS4 1TB/FIFA 18 bundle is the same as Smyths but with free delivery.

Sony PlayStation 4 FIFA 18 1TB - £229.99

Hadn't seen that, thanks very much! I presume that Parcel Motel would result in faster delivery than standard Amazon too?

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Hadn't seen that, thanks very much! I presume that Parcel Motel would result in faster delivery than standard Amazon too?

Don't know really. I always go for free delivery with Amazon and that's usually 5 working days - as in order today (Tuesday) and it will be delivered Monday.

You can go for their quicker delivery option which is £6.40 and says 3-5 days so you might get it before the weekend but I've never used that option so I can't be sure of that.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

yes, much faster, possibly next day even.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just to add, I ordered my ps4 from amazon on the 14th of this month at 20:08, thats a thursday night. It was delivered the saturday morning at around 10am by An Post. Regular free delivery with amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

The $10 US card was reduced to around €6 or so earlier. Last of Us for 6 quid woud have been insane. Unfortunately it ended pretty quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭nerobert

emmetkenny wrote: »
    https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10159184652535062&id=273761945061

Trade in your old PS4 and pay €99 for a PS4 Slim and FIFA 18

Anyone know if I get this deal and sign into my PSN account on the new console will all my downloaded games and saves be available?

Have had the og ps4 since 2014 So there's a good amount of games on it. Thanks.

nerobert wrote: »
    Anyone know if I get this deal and sign into my PSN account on the new console will all my downloaded games and saves be available?

Have had the og ps4 since 2014 So there's a good amount of games on it. Thanks.

Your downloaded games can be redownloaded from the Library app. Saves can be redownloaded from the cloud if you have PS+ otherwise load them onto a usb stick.

To be brutally honest its not worth it, even if you were already buying Fifa. I've had both the OG PS4 and the slim, apart from losing the optical out port the only improvement over the original is that the fan is much quieter.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭jamescd

The $10 card from PCGameSupply is back down to €5.94. Use that to get The Last of Us for under 6 quid! Offer expires in just over 12 hours.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/special_promotion/

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Your downloaded games can be redownloaded from the Library app. Saves can be redownloaded from the cloud if you have PS+ otherwise load them onto a usb stick.

To be brutally honest its not worth it, even if you were already buying Fifa. I've had both the OG PS4 and the slim, apart from losing the optical out port the only improvement over the original is that the fan is much quieter.

He'd also get a new warranty if he's worried about his old PS4 packing it in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

jamescd wrote: »
    The $10 card from PCGameSupply is back down to €5.94. Use that to get The Last of Us for under 6 quid! Offer expires in just over 12 hours.

http://www.pcgamesupply.com/special_promotion/

that's an unreal price for that game, well spotted! if I didn't already have it id be on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

SeanHarty wrote: »
    that's an unreal price for that game, well spotted! if I didn't already have it id be on it!

It has been on sale at $7.99 though

https://psprices.com/region-us/game/10372/the-last-of-ustm-remastered-

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Can anyone tell me how I can purchase games on the US store? Also, every time you want to play, do you have to log onto the US store?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

You might want to read the charter at the top of the page.
    Plenty of advice on google about how to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

kerplun k wrote: »
    Can anyone tell me how I can purchase games on the US store? Also, every time you want to play, do you have to log onto the US store?

Just create a US account, you've to log into it to purchase games and make sure you set it as primary so it can be played on any profile on your PS.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Just create a US account, you've to log into it to purchase games and make sure you set it as primary so it can be played on any profile on your PS.

will i lose all data from other games on my irish using us account

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

ItsHoggie wrote: »

Just gonna add the note about dlc to this.

If you buy the base game in the US for example, all dlc and addons must be bought from the US.

Nope, you can have multiple accounts, basically you create new US account, set your console as primary, buy and download the game.

You can then log into your PS with your main account and play away.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »
    Nope, you can have multiple accounts, basically you create new US account, set your console as primary, buy and download the game.

You can then log into your PS with your main account and play away.

cheers guys

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

Thanks for this. The Last Of Us, is a steal at that price.

One last thing do I need another psn sub to play online

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Nope, you will however be required to stand respectfully whenever the anthem is played.

One last thing do I need another psn sub to play online

No as you are using your main account to play the game but to receive max discounts in some sales you need PS Plus for that region, this is something that probably negates the savings by using that store though.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Anyone know where is the cheapest place to get a PS4 pro at the moment, looking to order this week?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

dudeeile wrote: »
    No as you are using your main account to play the game but to receive max discounts in some sales you need PS Plus for that region, this is something that probably negates the savings by using that store though.

You can get 2 weeks free PS Plus though with your new US account, so be sure to sign up at the best time (when there is a major PS Plus discount on a game you really want)

There's also a way to get an extra 3 days for free, but you need to do this after using the free 2 weeks.

All details available on Google.

Anyone know where is the cheapest place to get a PS4 pro at the moment, looking to order this week?

Best deal is the White Destiny 2 PS4 Pro in GameStop at €450, from Friday you will also get Fifa 18 included. Can easily get €50 for Fifa and €80 for Destiny 2(it includes the season pass) selling them on.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭willciviceg5

Best deal is the White Destiny 2 PS4 Pro in GameStop at €450, from Friday you will also get Fifa 18 included. Can easily get €50 for Fifa and €80 for Destiny 2(it includes the season pass) selling them on.
    Where is this advertised I cant seem to find it on the website?Where would be the best place to sell the games?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Just a heads up. Had the 12 month psplus reserved in argos omni, went to collect and they couldnt give it to me because they were sent cards thats in £ and cant give to customers.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement