Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,436 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

So F1 2017 is down to €45 on psn.

Is it worth a punt at that?

Love me some F1 but haven't played any of the games since ps1 days.

Don't have time for big careers. Just want to get in and race!

Isn't there a demo available of it? I played the demo and it was pretty good. Not just your average racer

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

GAME have a much better trade in than Gamestop such a shame there's no more around ROI..

The deal is trade in a 500gb original PS4 and get a 1TB Slim PS4 with Fifa 18 for £80..

Hmm, tempted to head to Craigavon for this. Would you get the console there and then or do you usually have to return at a later date once the console is checked?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Picked up nioh and Wipeout in the sale, cant wait to get into them. Also picked up darkest dungeon but that was last weeks sale haha. Also a bargain to me but it is its selling price, I picked up dragons dogma also

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Where's the best place to get a physical copy of Disteny 2 at a decent price? Does the vanilla game include the season pass? Do I need a season pass?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixxxer wrote: »
    Where's the best place to get a physical copy of Disteny 2 at a decent price? Does the vanilla game include the season pass? Do I need a season pass?

The vanilla game doesn't come with the season pass. The season pass is unnecessary atm, until the first dlc is out in December.

Best price I can see atm is €52 plus shipping from www.base.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

The vanilla game doesn't come with the season pass. The season pass is unnecessary atm, until the first dlc is out in December.

Best price I can see atm is €52 plus shipping from www.base.com

Thank you :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If you have parcel motel /parcel wizard account you can get it for £36.85 (€41.85) on SimplyGames. Not sure how much it is for delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

If looking for the cheapest price for a physical copy of a game try
    http://www.best-game-price.co.uk
    or
    http://www.gamecrawler.co.uk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

I've a season pass code if you want it for €20

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

So I pulled the trigger on F1 2017 (psn game of the week at €45).
    I've only got to play about 2 or 3 hours so far but I have to say it's a wonderful racing experience.
    I haven't really played an F1 game since the one on N64.
    I'm a fan of the sport but not fanatical so I don't think my view is rose tinted here.

Graphics: amazing. Stupidly gorgeous to look at.
    Sense of speed: crazy. Legitimately fast, has me on edge a lot but ...
    Handling: thankfully tight and to a point forgiving especially with the host of aids you can chose to use or not.
    Modes: loads by the looks of it career, one of events, time trials etc.. but again I'm only getting into it.
    Extras: get to play as cars from the past. Different engine notes, handling etc. Class.

I was on the fence on this one and I know it's early doors for me but I reckon it'll be €45 well spent.

I'd say if you like racing games and have any interest at all in F1 buy it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

I'd love to play a season from the 90s, the classic cars are just once off races? Any that built the whole season from back in the day?

I'd love to play a season from the 90s, the classic cars are just once off races? Any that built the whole season from back in the day?

So far I've done a time trial and an online match in an old Ferrari.

I don't think they have a full seasons as a 90's car.

I think it's more once off's, that said as I mentioned I'm only a small amount into it so I could be wrong.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

So far I've done a time trial and an online match in an old Ferrari.

I don't think they have a full seasons as a 90's car.

I think it's more once off's, that said as I mentioned I'm only a small amount into it so I could be wrong.

You can do a full classic season, I done mine in the 2000 Mika McLaren.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Are all the other cars and drivers from that season too though?

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Ok I said I was only a couple of hours in so absolutely stand corrected and happily so. That sounds really cool !!

I started my career last night. It has sooo much scope to get madly involved in if you really want to. The rpg style mod tree looks daunting but makes sense.

Also the event is very addictive. I played the Japanese track over and over again trying to better my time.

I'm genuinely surprised how much I'm enjoying this. Sitting in work here wishing I was at home playing it!!

Glad I went with it over Gran Turismo. I'll get it down the tracks sometime.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Picked up Journey, Last Guardian and Bloodborne GOTY so happy with that. Was going to get Nioh too until I saw it's coming to PC next month.

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Picked up Journey, Last Guardian and Bloodborne GOTY so happy with that. Was going to get Nioh too until I saw it's coming to PC next month.

I'm still confused as what the **** Journey was!! I can't remember how many hours (not many) it took to "complete" but I want them back !!!

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

I'm still confused as what the **** Journey was!! I can't remember how many hours (not many) it took to "complete" but I want them back !!!

I played through it yesterday, only took about 2 hours. I enjoyed it but once was enough. Sure was pretty though.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I played through it yesterday, only took about 2 hours. I enjoyed it but once was enough. Sure was pretty though.

Hmm I might give it a miss so. From what I can tell its like Bound but not as good?

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I thought Journey was phenomenal. Play it in one sitting in a dark room.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Journey is an amazing little game, granted not for everyone but to say it's ****e is well off the mark :)

dudeeile wrote: »
    Journey is an amazing little game, granted not for everyone but to say it's ****e is well off the mark :)

In my opinion it was it was ****.

The only thing it has going for it it is it's visually nice.

Other than that what the hell was it?

It's like a long tech demo... again, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

^^^^
    I agree, journey was ****e. Can't understand the hype around it at all.

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm I might give it a miss so. From what I can tell its like Bound but not as good?

Not familiar with Bound. I definitely didn't think it was ****e though, well worth the fiver. I liked the way the online aspect was implemented, ended up with the same person playing with me for most of the game though the guy started meditating near the end and wouldn't finish it with me for some reason. :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

mrcheez wrote: »

Journey would consistently be in any polls of the greatest PS3 games ever. I'll be honest, I never heard of Bound before.

Journey is going to be whatever you make of it. It can be a beautiful mediation on the journey through life, a look at the evolution of civilizations or a load of meandering ****.

a load of meandering ****.

That sounds about right.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Picked up HZD, Bloodbourne and the Last Guardian in the sale. Haven't played any of them. Happy days :)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Picked up HZD, Bloodbourne and the Last Guardian in the sale. Haven't played any of them. Happy days :)
    On Bloodborne, have either of you played a souls game before? If not, I feel sorry for you and the pain you are about to endure.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Cienciano wrote: »
    On Bloodborne, have either of you played a souls game before? If not, I feel sorry for you and the pain you are about to endure.

I never played a Souls game before Bloodborne. Killed quite a few bosses in three or less tries. The Cleric Beast took about 20 goes but after that it wasn't too hard.

Although I can say Fcuk You Winter Lantern :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

I've never played any Souls Games. Frankly the fandom did a great job of turning me off the game. Bloodbourne is apparently a bit more palatable and less punishing, so i'll give it a try

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement