Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,119 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

I've never played any Souls Games. Frankly the fandom did a great job of turning me off the game. Bloodbourne is apparently a bit more palatable and less punishing, so i'll give it a try

Learn to parry early on and you'll find it a bit easier. I only got the hang of it at the end.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

That sounds about right.

I actually thought it was fantastic. Beautiful little game. Must play it again soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

I actually thought it was fantastic. Beautiful little game. Must play it again soon.

It's a very divisive game in fairness. Some love it. I'm not one of them.

Back on topic. Some ****ing great deals on psn this year in general. Something for everyone.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,295 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Cienciano wrote: »
    On Bloodborne, have either of you played a souls game before? If not, I feel sorry for you and the pain you are about to endure.

Yeah it's the only souls game I haven't played. They're not as hard as people make out :P

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Mickeroo wrote: »
    Yeah it's the only souls game I haven't played. They're not as hard as people make out :P

Me ar$e they're not.

I really need to give that game a proper go. Invest some proper time to get used to the mechanics and speed etc.

It's souls alright but not as you know it Jim.

• Advertisement

Me ar$e they're not.

I really need to give that game a proper go. Invest some proper time to get used to the mechanics and speed etc.

It's souls alright but not as you know it Jim.

Git gud scrubz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Could never get into any Souls games,especially 3, absolutely insane. Must have tried to kill that first boss 30 times. Not fun at all, I don't know how people have the patience for that, didn't enjoy Bloodbourne either, just far too punishing. Have to say Nioh seems just about right so far. Enjoying it until it becomes too hard, which I'm sure it will.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm I might give it a miss so. From what I can tell its like Bound but not as good?

I've been playing games for 35 years and Journey is an all time top three for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Beefy78 wrote: »
    I've been playing games for 35 years and Journey is an all time top three for me.

Have you tried Bound? It looks similar but how does it compare.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

mrcheez wrote: »
    Hmm I might give it a miss so. From what I can tell its like Bound but not as good?

It's one of the most highly rated games ever made. Plus it's only about 2 hours long, so I would try it yourself instead of basing your decision on one person on a gaming forum. Also, who said that Bound is a better game?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Bound has PSVR support so I might be biased, but it's longer than 2 hours and seems to have more gaming mechanics going on.

I read a few reviews online that suggest it's a successor to Journey.

Anyway I'll see if I have any left over credits after the supposed PSVR sale that is happening later today and might give it a shot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,301 ✭✭✭daithi7

Hi Folks,
    I watch sky sports and wish to access it via my Skygo account on another TV. Can someone let me know from which PlayStation version on is the Skygo app supported?

And where is the best place to pick one of these up?
    Thanks for any advice

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

daithi7 wrote: »
    Hi Folks,
    I watch sky sports and wish to access it via my Skygo account on another TV. Can someone let me know from which PlayStation version on is the Skygo app supported?

And where is the best place to pick one of these up?
    Thanks for any advice

AFAIK you need Sky Go Extra to be able to watch on a Playstation.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Doodah7 wrote: »
    AFAIK you need Sky Go Extra to be able to watch on a Playstation.

You do, you might get it for free through Sky rewards on the Sky map.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Really think sh!t-talking Journey or even alluding to the fact it is not the messiah of gaming should be a Boards ban-able offence.
    I'm talking a site wide IP ban.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Could never get into any Souls games,especially 3, absolutely insane. Must have tried to kill that first boss 30 times. Not fun at all, I don't know how people have the patience for that, didn't enjoy Bloodbourne either, just far too punishing. Have to say Nioh seems just about right so far. Enjoying it until it becomes too hard, which I'm sure it will.

I only tried Bloodborne and I'm of the same opinion. I just couldn't be bothered. The graphics and style of the game are amazing, but I just can't be arsed spending so long doing the same thing when I have so many other games and so little time to play them. I reckon the sense of accomplishment is great when you complete it though, but for me the reward is not worth the effort.

Really think sh!t-talking Journey or even alluding to the fact it is not the messiah of gaming should be a Boards ban-able offence.
    I'm talking a site wide IP ban.

It's lucky your not in charge so :pac:

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.

Have no problem with differing opinions when someone asks "Should I buy X?"

It only becomes a problem when said game drags the thread way o/t.

People are following this thread for bargain alerts, not discussing certain games.
    There are game specific threads for that.

Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,575 ✭✭✭DeSelby83

Flash sale on the us PSN store. All hitman episodes on sale for $3.99 and I have $4 in my account. What is considered the best map?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

DeSelby83 wrote: »
    Flash sale on the us PSN store. All hitman episodes on sale for $3.99 and I have $4 in my account. What is considered the best map?

Sapienza or Marrakesh. I'd lean towards Sapienza tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

+1 on Sapaienza, such a great map.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

DeSelby83 wrote: »

That's an amazing deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

There's a VR flash sale on in the US store as well. Loads of stuff cheap. VR Worlds for $10.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Halloween sale on psn

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&display=table&page=1

Witcher 3 - 15 (buy it if you haven't yet)

What remains of Edith Finch - 13 (definitely picking this up)

Wolfenstein new order and old blood - 5 each (I might have to see what the fuss is about)

Outlast 2 - 17 (very tempting for Halloween)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Halloween sale on psn

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&display=table&page=1

Wolfenstein new order and old blood - 5 each (I might have to see what the fuss is about)

Some of these games are on sale on the US and Canadian stores too so could end up cheaper there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Halloween sale on psn

Definitely play New Order First. Will probably pick up the Edith Finch game and the Darksiders Collection for a tenner.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

+1 for New Order
    Can't think of a compelling reason now not to pick up Darksiders Collection if it's going for a tenner. Haven't played it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

This seems like a good deal to me - am I wrong?

PS4 500GB Console + FIFA 18 + Gran Turismo Sport for €299.99 at Gamestop

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Not bad at all

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Mango Joe

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal to me - am I wrong?

PS4 500GB Console + FIFA 18 + Gran Turismo Sport for €299.99 at Gamestop

Is 500GB not too small these days? All my game seem to want to pull down 30-50 GBs regularly - I maxed my 1TB console there a few months back....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement