Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Halloween sale on psn

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&display=table&page=1

Witcher 3 - 15 (buy it if you haven't yet)
    The Witcher 3 GOTY Edition (with Blood and Wine) is currently €19.99 at the moment, which is absolute robbery if you ask me... on the consumer's part!!

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭sibersha

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal to me - am I wrong?

PS4 500GB Console + FIFA 18 + Gran Turismo Sport for €299.99 at Gamestop

Just picked up PS4 Pro 1TB with FIFA 18 and Fallout 4 for €349.99 in Argos

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7543618/Trail/searchtext>Ps4+1tb.htm

Worth the extra €50 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Alien Isolation for €6.99 is a no-brainer if you haven't played it yet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

mrcheez wrote: »
    Alien Isolation for €6.99 is a no-brainer if you haven't played it yet

Does the Collection for €10 include all the DLCs AND the game? Seems to - https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/115382/alien-isolation-the-collection They any good too?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,741 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

sibersha wrote: »

https://m.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7543618/Trail/searchtext>Ps4+1tb.htm

Worth the extra €50 imo.

Great deal even if you don't want the 2 games, they'll easily sell for €50 between them so €300 for a Pro is damn good

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,468 ✭✭✭marcbrophy

Wait, the witcher 3 has a subtitle called Wild Hunt?
    I always thought that was a piece of DLC for the main game!

Damn my idiocy :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Does the Collection for €10 include all the DLCs AND the game? Seems to - https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/115382/alien-isolation-the-collection They any good too?

Safe Haven and Lost Contact are supposed to be good so yeah toss another €3 in for completeness!

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Worth the extra €50 imo.

The one time I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Pro, no stock in my local store. :(

Hope that deal goes on another while, won't even have a chance to travel for one yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,647 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Will be buying a PS4 as a Xmas pressie, would you advise hanging on for better deals closer to the time or should I just buy now?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭Lord Spence

NIMAN wrote: »
    Will be buying a PS4 as a Xmas pressie, would you advise hanging on for better deals closer to the time or should I just buy now?

PS4 will be swamped with deals leading up to and during black friday , I would definitely hold off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

They're ok, not story dlc though

Edit: actually the nostromo is story, very good but short

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

Worth the extra €50 imo.

Damn, I swear that wasn't there when I checked Argos earlier. How easy would it be to get a refund from Gamestop on a PS4 ordered for delivery that hasn't been opened??

F00t13f4n wrote:
    Damn, I swear that wasn't there when I checked Argos earlier. How easy would it be to get a refund from Gamestop on a PS4 ordered for delivery that hasn't been opened??

Try cancel order, refuse delivery and distance selling means you should be ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

F00t13f4n wrote: »
    This seems like a good deal to me - am I wrong?

PS4 500GB Console + FIFA 18 + Gran Turismo Sport for €299.99 at Gamestop

I doubt they're giving much credit for original 500gig PS4 trade ins? Was thinking about upgrading to the pro at sometime in the near future. Wondering would a trade in be worth my while.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Daz24

Asmodean wrote: »
    I doubt they're giving much credit for original 500gig PS4 trade ins? Was thinking about upgrading to the pro at sometime in the near future. Wondering would a trade in be worth my while.

Cex giving €140 cash for 500 gig PS4 don't know about gamestop and with the argos deal you'd get €45 cash for trading in FIFA 18 would mean it be only €165 for the pro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Daz24 wrote: »
    Cex giving €140 cash for 500 gig PS4 don't know about gamestop and with the argos deal you'd get €45 cash for trading in FIFA 18 would mean it be only €165 for the pro.

Nice one, thanks for the info. I always forget about trading back in the games that come with the bundles. I'll probably wait it out for any good Black Friday deals and give the original machine the old heave ho then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Nice one, thanks for the info. I always forget about trading back in the games that come with the bundles. I'll probably wait it out for any good Black Friday deals and give the original machine the old heave ho then.

cant stress enough how good of an idea it is to wait till black Friday/cyber Monday to buy electronics.

I feel like I've robbed places with how much I've gotten off stuff I wanted.

don't even really care about upgrading to a pro but might pick one up if its a bargain!

• Registered Users Posts: 724 ✭✭✭F00t13f4n

martyos121 wrote: »
    The one time I'm ready to pull the trigger on a Pro, no stock in my local store. :(

Hope that deal goes on another while, won't even have a chance to travel for one yet.

They're back at €419.99 now, but it says that price is valid until October 24th.

Every time I look at Argos prices, I'm reminded of this:

SeanHarty wrote: »
    cant stress enough how good of an idea it is to wait till black Friday/cyber Monday to buy electronics.

I feel like I've robbed places with how much I've gotten off stuff I wanted.

don't even really care about upgrading to a pro but might pick one up if its a bargain!

I'll be pretty surprised if you can pick up a pro for less than 300 on black friday. The other PS4 versions yeah but unless it a 20% deal on amazon warehouse I doubt it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,216 ✭✭✭ffocused

I traded an original 500gb PS4 in Gamestop a few weeks ago & got €190 credit against a PS4 Pro

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

All over that Alien Isolation deal, thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Best PS4 deals going? Slim is fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,435 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

TheDoc wrote: »
    All over that Alien Isolation deal, thanks !

The amount of times I've thrown down the controller and turned on all the lights during playing that game are innumerable

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

duploelabs wrote: »
    The amount of times I've thrown down the controller and turned on all the lights during playing that game are innumerable

so is that a big +1 then :pac:

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Alien Isolation, Headset, in the dark. A recipe for replacement under crackers....:D

Biggest. It polarised people on its release and I really liked Soma (although not the biggest fan of hide and seek games) as well as the Alien series. But Jesus, that game really absorbed me

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I'm not a fan of stealth games and Alien Isolation is basically a series of fetch missions. In saying that it's so well put together I probably would have bought it only they went and put a truly terrifying monster in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,851 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I like horror, hide and seek, alien....but Alien Isolation really bored me. I must go back to it some day, think I was about half way through but I found it a slog to playthrough.

Picked up Wolfenstein New Order and What Happened to Edith Finch, really looking forward to those.

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I like horror, hide and seek, alien....but Alien Isolation really bored me. I must go back to it some day, think I was about half way through but I found it a slog to playthrough.

Watch the first film before you do to get in to the feel and look of the production design and I'm sure you'll appreciate the game on a different level as it really stays true to the environment portrayed in the films

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 541 ✭✭✭ECookie13

duploelabs wrote: »
    Watch the first film before you do to get in to the feel and look of the production design and I'm sure you'll appreciate the game on a different level as it really stays true to the environment portrayed in the films

Alien isolation is just too long , it has so much padding.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement