Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

mrcheez wrote: »
    There was no revision made to headset in regards performance or visuals.

New headset just has built in headphones, and enables HDR passthrough without requiring you to disconnect headset as in the current setup.

Benefits of the new headset are really quite marginal imo when you consider the bargains on the existing set.

You're better off getting a really good set of Sennheiser headphones in the sales.

Oh I agree, and I don’t really care about the Hdr passthrough either, that’s why I just bit the bullet and bought it there and then. It’s just nice to have the newest hardware version if possible, but this is the cheapest it’s been in a long time and I’ve wanted to try it for so long, so I decided that now is the time to introduce myself to the world of VR. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Oh I agree, and I don’t really care about the Hdr passthrough either, that’s why I just bit the bullet and bought it there and then. It’s just nice to have the newest hardware version if possible, but this is the cheapest it’s been in a long time and I’ve wanted to try it for so long, so I decided that now is the time to introduce myself to the world of VR. :)

Cool welcome on board :)

We had a VR forum being setup...dunno what happened there, its gone quiet.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Anyone see a cheap spot for wwe2k18?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

sticker wrote:
    Anyone see a cheap spot for wwe2k18?

Argos or Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Yakuza 0 and Kiwami on Zavvi for €21 each.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Vargulf wrote: »
    Sorry if this is the wrong thread, will there be a PS4 Pro price decrease or should I just buy the Slim?

PS4 PRO 1TB with FIFA 18 + Call of Duty: WWII

Now £299 / €337 approx on Amazon

Large.png

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

^^^ I just grabbed one. Thanks.

Works out about €345 through PM. Cex are giving €80 back for the games. Good price.

• Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

I see amazon are offering a discounted ps plus membership for this week.
    Are uk codes usable on Irish ps4s or are there separate Irish only codes that only work on consoles here?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I see amazon are offering a discounted ps plus membership for this week.
    Are uk codes usable on Irish ps4s or are there separate Irish only codes that only work on consoles here?

Uk codes will only work on UK PSN accounts and the same with Irish codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 487 ✭✭Thatsfootball

Thank you, saved me the purchase!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

Sorry, I'm new to this!
    I want to buy a PS4 Pro with FIFA 18, 2 x controllers and 2 Sony (PS4) Wireless headset and 1 yrs membership for my 2 monkies for Xmas.

I was going to buy from either Argos.co.uk or Amazon.co.uk or Curry.co.uk the all have super deals in comparison to irish prices (All have the same deal of £299 for PS4 Pro with FIFA 18)

Please help, are you saying I should buy an Irish PS4? (any of the codes that I will buy in the future will be irish and the wont work on the PS4 (Uk))

If I buy the 2 Sony PS4 headsets both should work on the PS4 console?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

MikeOis wrote: »
    Sorry, I'm new to this!
    I want to buy a PS4 Pro with FIFA 18, 2 x controllers and 2 Sony (PS4) Wireless headset and 1 yrs membership for my 2 monkies for Xmas.

I was going to buy from either Argos.co.uk or Amazon.co.uk or Curry.co.uk the all have super deals in comparison to irish prices (All have the same deal of £299 for PS4 Pro with FIFA 18)

Please help, are you saying I should buy an Irish PS4? (any of the codes that I will buy in the future will be irish and the wont work on the PS4 (Uk))

Thanks

You can buy the PS4 from the UK and create an Irish account on it after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The codes will be linked to your PS account rather than the console. If your PS account is Irish, then buy any games on the Irish PS Store or buy your codes from an Irish shop. Where you buy your PS4 will have no bearing or effect on your account.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Sorry, I'm new to this!

Thanks

Buying the console, accessories and disc games from the UK is fine(would be illegal under EU law otherwise), its just that psn codes are locked to the region where they are purchased.

If you want to use UK codes you will need to set up a UK PSN account. You can set up an Irish account and use Irish PSN codes on any PS4.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭Vargulf

PS4 Pro with WWII + GTSport for €389.99 on Littlewoods Ireland

Not sure if this is a good deal or not but decided to post it just in case.

Sorry, I'm new to this!

Thanks

All physical devices and games will work with the PS4 irrespective of where they were purchased. My PS4 was purchased in the US, second controller from the UK and most of the games (on disc) from both the US and UK.

Digital content / codes are dependent on where the Sony account is registered as others have mentioned.

Current best deal seems to be the Amazon UK one for the 1TB Pro I posted earlier.

Sony PlayStation FIFA 18 Pro 1 TB with FIFA 18 Ultimate Team Icons and Rare Player Pack

Keep an eye on Amazon US too as there can be bargains there too that will still work out cheaper with shipping and tax included.

Vargulf wrote: »
    PS4 Pro with WWII + GTSport for €389.99 on Littlewoods Ireland

Not sure if this is a good deal or not but decided to post it just in case.

£300 in the UK.

https://www.shopto.net/video-games/ps4/PS4HW305-ps4-pro-white-1tb-console

Just received an email, Black Friday deals go live tomorrow for ps+ subscribers.

There is also 25% off 12 month ps+ subs on the ps store until the 28th making it €45 for the year.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS12MDIS?emcid=em-st-123877&et_cid=em_320123&et_rid=3752118

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Just received an email, Black Friday deals go live tomorrow for ps+ subscribers.

There is also 25% off 12 month ps+ subs on the ps store until the 28th making it €45 for the year.

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/IP9102-NPIA90006_01-PSPLUSSUBS12MDIS?emcid=em-st-123877&et_cid=em_320123&et_rid=3752118
    Doh, paid full price literally a few hours ago!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

These deals are tempting. But is a pro worth the purchase if I don't have a 4k tv and no plans to get one for a while. Have the launch ps4

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Bit the bullet and got this have a two year old ps4 and recently got an lg 4k hdr tv.

Was debating whether to get it but realised I could just sell my old ps4.

Will miss the space of an internal 2tb though.

Will miss the space of an internal 2tb though.

Put all that you can onto an external hdd or a total back up if you have the space, then swap the drives between the PS4 and the Pro. You will then have a 2TB Pro to keep and a 1TB PS4 to sell.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Noelie155

For some reason when I select this bundle it says that it can't be delivered to my location, but if I select the Ps4 Pro with just FIFA it says it can?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Noelie155 wrote: »
    For some reason when I select this bundle it says that it can't be delivered to my location, but if I select the Ps4 Pro with just FIFA it says it can?
    Try to use Parcel Motel, AddressPal, or any of the other UK-to-Ireland postal intermediaries and that won't be an issue (plus it'll work out cheaper).

More temptations to burn out the credit card.

Sony PlayStation VR Starter Pack + Skyrim VR

61yA%2BkcwoUL._SX522_.jpg

£249

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

If I buy this discounted subscription, will it become active right away?

I think I still have a few months left on my current sub but wouldn't mind buying a new subscription now while it is 25% off.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,840 ✭✭✭Arciphel

I disabled automatic renewal for my PSN subscription to buy this offer, but it seems like I don't have the option to add it to my basket. Even when I try to add it to my wishlist... any ideas? Is it working for other people?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

wong wrote: »
    If I buy this discounted subscription, will it become active right away?

I think I still have a few months left on my current sub but wouldn't mind buying a new subscription now while it is 25% off.

It stacks, adds 12 months onto your PS+.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement