Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

More temptations to burn out the credit card.

Sony PlayStation VR Starter Pack + Skyrim VR

61yA%2BkcwoUL._SX522_.jpg

£249

€300 everywhere for that here, add another €50 to bundle two move controllers. You'll only save about €7 after the VAT adjustment getting it on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

€300 everywhere for that here, add another €50 to bundle two move controllers. You'll only save about €7 after the VAT adjustment getting it on Amazon.

There's a bundle in Ireland that also includes 2 move controllers for €300?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭kerplun k

mrcheez wrote: »

That’s a fantastic deal. I played this for the first time today. Booked off a few days and my brother gave me a lend. Completely blew me away. I had to turn the volume right down. I was bricking it. But once you get into the swing of things the fear dissipates and It’s an absolute ball. it’s amazing holding the gun, looking down the scope, physically holding and inspecting the guns. It’s brilliant, but I think I run the risk of getting ptsd :D

Infinity ward need to do a full call of duty game like this, heck I’d even take a port from one of their older ones, they’d just need to adapt a similar format with the way enemies spawn, and eliminate jumping. It would be one heck of an experience.

Every retailer needs to have a permanent demo on display with this gun/game. That, and With the exceptional deals on bundles right now, they would sell like hot cakes.

There's a bundle in Ireland that also includes 2 move controllers for €300?

€300 for the VR Worlds starter pack with Skyrim VR or GT Sport, €350 including 2 move controllers.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/66091/playstation-vr-worlds-bundle#promoSection

It's a Sony deal so is also available in Smyths, though not Argos.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 tishardtoknow

£300 in the UK.

Just signed up and first time posting. Wanted to say thanks for all the bargain tips.

I went with sniper_samurai's tip of shopto.net:
    got PS4 pro, 4 games and controller delivered to Irish address for £381. I really hope it's not a scam now *nervous laughter*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

mrcheez wrote: »
    kerplun k wrote: »
    That’s a fantastic deal. I played this for the first time today. Booked off a few days and my brother gave me a lend. Completely blew me away. I had to turn the volume right down. I was bricking it. But once you get into the swing of things the fear dissipates and It’s an absolute ball. it’s amazing holding the gun, looking down the scope, physically holding and inspecting the guns. It’s brilliant, but I think I run the risk of getting ptsd :D

Infinity ward need to do a full call of duty game like this, heck I’d even take a port from one of their older ones, they’d just need to adapt a similar format with the way enemies spawn, and eliminate jumping. It would be one heck of an experience.

Every retailer needs to have a permanent demo on display with this gun/game. That, and With the exceptional deals on bundles right now, they would sell like hot cakes.

The bundle is €59.99 from GameStop.ie so might be better buying from them, won’t have to worry about sterling conversion or delivery costs. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,781 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just signed up and first time posting. Wanted to say thanks for all the bargain tips.

I went with sniper_samurai's tip of shopto.net:
    got PS4 pro, 4 games and controller delivered to Irish address for £381. I really hope it's not a scam now *nervous laughter*

ShopTo are grand... got my PSVR from them

• Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

If you are fast 3 Fifa ps4 pro bundles just came back on the warehouse deals. Further 20% off at checkout on "used" consoles. The £266 one (disk missing) works out at just under €250 delivered. Great price for a pro.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/ol/B074PVN3W9/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

peaceboi wrote: »
    Does game.co.uk accept Irish credit card?
    And ship to Ireland? Thanks

It might be a Revolut / Parcel Wizard dealio...

See if it's in Gamestop.ie though as it's not that much more expensive, also with the Parcel Wizard costs it'll probably end up same price

• Advertisement

peaceboi wrote: »
    Does game.co.uk accept Irish credit card?
    And ship to Ireland? Thanks

They accept Irish credit cards, but only ship to Ireland on items less than £100.

They accept Irish credit cards, but only ship to Ireland on items less than £100.

oh right, so they'd ship the Aim controller as it's £49.99?

Sounds like a good deal to go via Game.co.uk then with Irish credit card if it saves a little :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

The bundle is €59.99 from GameStop.ie so might be better buying from them, won’t have to worry about sterling conversion or delivery costs. :)

E0.27 cheaper to ship from game UK to Ireland.
    E59.72 on Revolut.

Hey don't forget the 1% cashback from Quidco :)

We're talking savings in the Bag o' Manhattan Popcorn range

• Registered Users Posts: 21,391 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

In the process of ordering a Pro bundle from GAME.co.uk though Parcel Motel but they’re looking for a UK phone number, anyone have a solution here or am I just out of luck?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Psplus early access black friday sale on Irish PSN store
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

martyos121 wrote: »
    In the process of ordering a Pro bundle from GAME.co.uk though Parcel Motel but they’re looking for a UK phone number, anyone have a solution here or am I just out of luck?

Don't use Parcel Motel, use Parcel Wizard as it is oversize for PM and will cost €14 for delivery.

To order a console on the Game UK website you will need a UK billing address on your card. This can be done by ringing your card provider and getting the billing address temporarily changed to Parcel Motel/Wizard, or by changing the address in personal details if using a Revolut.

Don't use Parcel Motel, use Parcel Wizard as it is oversize for PM and will cost €14 for delivery.

To order a console on the Game UK website you will need a UK billing address on your card. This can be done by ringing your card provider and getting the billing address temporarily changed to Parcel Motel/Wizard, or by changing the address in personal details if using a Revolut.

Thanks, but I can’t change my country on my Revolut address, just the actual address. Will that be an issue do you think?

martyos121 wrote: »
    Thanks, but I can’t change my country on my Revolut address, just the actual address. Will that be an issue do you think?

It isn't an issue, all they check is the address not the country. I had to do this myself when ordering the Destiny 2 CE.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Wolfenstein 2 Deluxe for €45 and GT Sport for €25 seem to be the standout games in the sale for me. If only I could cure my addiction to Everybody's Golf!!!

Interestingly, this sale only runs until 23.59 on 27 November (Monday night).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

I can't get into Everybody's Golf. I lived in Everybody's Golf World Tour but can't gel with this one. I've deleted it twice and reinstalled it, loss of swing types is terrible.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭hefferboi

Is rainbow 6 siege worth getting?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I can't get into Everybody's Golf. I lived in Everybody's Golf World Tour but can't gel with this one. I've deleted it twice and reinstalled it, loss of swing types is terrible.

Luckily for me I have always used the classic three-click system. I played the PS Vita version to death and therefore am finding the large screen with (relatively) large swing sweet spot quite easy. Currently on Rank 5 and have yet to lose a tournament with literally only two quits in this time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I think I'll go for Horizon: Zero Dawn when it's down to €30. Although very tempted by Wolfenstein…

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Doodah7 wrote: »
    Luckily for me I have always used the classic three-click system. I played the PS Vita version to death and therefore am finding the large screen with (relatively) large swing sweet spot quite easy. Currently on Rank 5 and have yet to lose a tournament with literally only two quits in this time.

It was online that I got the most fun out of. Don't think I've lost a singleplayer tournament and only lost one versus match where the computer went eagle on a par four, eagle on a par five and aced a par 3. I find it frustrating that you can be badly penalised by barely missing pi but can get away with making a hames of the shot other times. It was like this with advanced at times too but the traditional swing doesn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

hefferboi wrote: »

I liked it, there's no respawning, so the games are slow moving, particularly if you get killed early. Takes a while to get used to, but definitely much more tactical than COD etc.

I wouldn't pay €45 for it though, I got it for €20 I think about 6 months ago, without the season pass thing

Actually I see it's €17.99 on the Black Friday sale

• Registered Users Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I think I'll go for Horizon: Zero Dawn when it's down to €30. Although very tempted by Wolfenstein…

44 for the deluxe edition of Wolfenstein is a brilliant deal as you are getting the season pass for a tenner. The game is brilliant too.

• Registered Users Posts: 350 ✭✭tap28

Noelie155 wrote: »
    For some reason when I select this bundle it says that it can't be delivered to my location, but if I select the Ps4 Pro with just FIFA it says it can?

I ordered it no problem yesterday morning to my home in Tipperary but your right last night it was saying can't be delivered to my location.

My order is still going through.

Game cancelled my Pro bundle order. :(

I'll probably just pay the extra few quid and go for it on Shopto now, can somebody vouch for them? They look fairly reliable but their site is shocking, only thing that concerns me.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,202 ✭✭✭maximoose

hefferboi wrote: »

There's essentially no single player, just online 5v5 tactical FPS and a co-op wave defense gametype

And it's fantastic.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement