Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

mad muffin wrote: »
    I was definitely going to contact them if it hadn’t arrived by Tuesday. I had already contacted them after I ordered because I mistakenly made the purchase in € instead of £. Since this deal was a limited quantity purchase of one per account I wanted to make sure if I could cancel and repurchase. I was told it wouldn’t let me buy another if I did that. So he gave me a £15 voucher on my account.

No harm in getting in touch with one of their customer reps over their live chat and just mention it. They might be able to give you expedited delivery and another voucher. I've never had bad experience dealing with either Amazon or Audible's customer service. I just wish other companies tried as hard.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Quick question for buying PS4 games(discs not digital) Stateside, are there any issues to watch out for like region restrictions, problems with buying/downloading game DLC's ect?

No region restriction on the games, but dlc will need to be purchased from a North American psn account (not difficult to set up).

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

US games = US dlc.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

No region restriction on the games, but dlc will need to be purchased from a North American psn account (not difficult to set up).
    F1ngers wrote: »
    US games = US dlc.

Thanks for that.

If setting up a US PSN account to get DLC's, would I need to make that the primary account on my Pro, or is that a non-issue?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Anyone notice any PS4 controllers going cheap? Smyths have the cheek to put them in their black Friday deals for €55. Standard black one too

Not a bad deal with argos, 500gb PS4, fifa and GT for €240.
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/7543797/Trail/searchtext%3EGREAT+DEALS+ON+SELECTED+PS4+BUNDLE+WITH+FIFA+18+AND+GRAND+TURISMO+SPORT.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Argos have Everybodys Golf for €17.

Worth a purchase?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

I f*cking hate Black Friday.

64GB SD card for my Switch and Wolfenstein 2 for PS4 added to my amazon basket.

If you havent pulled the trigger on the 64gb sd card Boots of all places are selling them for €14.99! Must be a misprice as the 32gb is €24.99.

http://www.boots.ie/photo/memory-cards-sticks

Edit:
    Also Wolfenstein II is in Argos for €28.99!
    http://www.checkargos.com/product/7527476

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Can't find any online seals for ps4 pro( out of the country for another week)

If I buy a Chinese version of call of duty, will I need it's Chinese psn account to get dlc or is it just American accounts that need to do that?

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭ncit9933

Got PS4 slim 500GB
    + FIFA
    + Minecraft
    + second wired (3M) generic controller
    in gamestop for €309

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Cienciano wrote: »
    Anyone notice any PS4 controllers going cheap? Smyths have the cheek to put them in their black Friday deals for €55. Standard black one too

Try the link below, with the current exchange rate I think a new controller works out at about €45.

http://www.simplygames.com/p/new-dualshock-4-controller-black-v2-ps4

They ship to Ireland. I bought COD WW2 on a Sunday evening and received it on Thursday. Only cost me €48.

• Advertisement

Did anyone get the PS4 pro+fifa 18+cod wwii for £299.99 from Amazon uk?

I ordered it on Monday and delivery is by Tuesday but hasn’t even gone to preparing for dispatch.

No need to contact them, as long as it isn't Ascendia delivering it you should have it Tuesday. An order I placed using free shipping was dispatched yesterday and arrived this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭heebusjeebus

Argos have Everybodys Golf for €17.

Worth a purchase?

It's a bit of a grind at places but once you move up the ranks and all the courses are unlocked, it's great. Definitely worth that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭huddlejonny

Did anyone get the PS4 pro+fifa 18+cod wwii for £299.99 from Amazon uk?

I ordered it on Monday and delivery is by Tuesday but hasn’t even gone to preparing for dispatch.

they'll give you a 5er if you complain..

No need to contact them, as long as it isn't Ascendia delivering it you should have it Tuesday. An order I placed using free shipping was dispatched yesterday and arrived this morning.

Sure, might as well complain - they give you vouchers!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Okay so I’m really confused now. I have cod wwii on order for Amazon UK. So it’s a uk version I presume. That means I need to set up a uk account to purchase any dlc for it?

Okay so I’m really confused now. I have cod wwii on order for Amazon UK. So it’s a uk version I presume. That means I need to set up a uk account to purchase any dlc for it?

No, country =/= region. As you bought a copy in the EU you can buy the dlc from any EU psn store(I think Aus/NZ also works).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

The Last of Us is €16.99 in Argos
    Horizon Zero Dawn is €23.99 too

Call of Duty (w/zombies gun camo) £39.99 (£35 if you get the £5 gift card top up)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,552 ✭✭✭quinnd6

If you order Call of Duty world war 2 through quidco and Zavvi you get 15 gbp back apparently.
    I saw it said on the mirror.co.uk website.

No, country =/= region. As you bought a copy in the EU you can buy the dlc from any EU psn store(I think Aus/NZ also works).

So is the advice here wrong?

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057812535

quinnd6 wrote: »
    If you order Call of Duty world war 2 through quidco and Zavvi you get 15 gbp back apparently.
    I saw it said on the mirror.co.uk website.

Thanks. Ill probably go for that instead so. Never used Quidco before though.

• Advertisement

No, it is correct. If you buy a prepaid card it can only be used in the country of purchase. If you are buying from the psn store, or using a code packed with a game, eg preorder dlc, what I posted applies.

No, it is correct. If you buy a prepaid card it can only be used in the country of purchase. If you are buying from the psn store, or using a code packed with a game, eg preorder dlc, what I posted applies.

Great thanks. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevo757

BEst price for cod?

• Registered Users Posts: 27,338 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Stevo757 wrote: »
    BEst price for cod?

Think the PSN Store with the game and season pass for €80 is the deepest discount I've seen. Not much coming off the standard edition.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,541 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Only prepaid card that are country specific are currency and playstation plus.

The rest is region.

Stevo757 wrote: »
    BEst price for cod?

40gbp amazon
    35gbp zavvi/quidco cashback deal

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Grabbed Horizon Zero Dawn for 23€ and Deus Ex Mankind Divided for 6€ so pretty pleased with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Stevo757

Ordered on Zavvi....how does the cash back thing work?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,929 ✭✭✭✭ShadowHearth

No real good deals for ps4 pro? If you dont want to whole hassle or parcel motel and playing with addresses?
    Best ones look like same everywhere. Ps4 pro with Grand Turismo for 350eu.
    No interest in fifa at all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

Bought Shadow of War (35), Wolfenstein (30) and AC Origins (40) in smyths **** it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement