Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,448 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

No real good deals for ps4 pro? If you dont want to whole hassle or parcel motel and playing with addresses?
    Best ones look like same everywhere. Ps4 pro with Grand Turismo for 350eu.
    No interest in fifa at all.

Think the cheapest were the UK deals from Currys and places for £299. Realistically you're not getting it any cheaper than that or they'd end up making the slim obsolete, if the difference between a 1tb slim and a pro ends up less than €100 then whats the point of the slim? They're competing with the One X and by comparison they're a lot cheaper.

Side note, what hassle is there with Parcel motel? Its so handy, i'd be lost without it.

Bought Shadow of War (35), Wolfenstein (30) and AC Origins (40) in smyths **** it

Origins is only €40 in Smyths?? How'd i miss that?!? Is it in-store only?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Hi guys what's the beat ps4 pro deal? I don't mind parcel motel as I'm abroad for another few days anyway. Looking to buy asap

The Currys deal is collection only as are anything on argos

• Advertisement

But it ends up being more expensive than smyths

MarkY91 wrote: »
    But it ends up being more expensive than smyths

Ah right sorry didn't realise there was a smyths deal, have a pro already so wasn't minding. Saying that, if its not cheaper in UK you won't get it cheaper through an Irish seller.

I'll get it anyways as I'm abroad for another week and nobody will collect it for me. Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭MikeOis

PS4 Wireless headsets
    The cheapest I found is 'Sony wireless stereo 7.1 PS4' are €60 in currys ireland.

Are the best headset to get for PS4? Looking for wireless to play on the PS4 and need 2. Is it best to pay a little extra for a different manufacture i.e turtle

• Registered Users Posts: 26,406 ✭✭✭✭noodler

MikeOis wrote: »
    PS4 Wireless headsets
    The cheapest I found is 'Sony wireless stereo 7.1 PS4' are €60 in currys ireland.

Are the best headset to get for PS4? Looking for wireless to play on the PS4 and need 2. Is it best to pay a little extra for a different manufacture i.e turtle

I bought the first iteration of the PS3 equivalent back in 2011.

As far as I know the sound etc is pretty much the same but the build quality /design has improved with later models and the ps4 versions.

Class purchase. Wireless USB dongle. Quite good sound quality.

Can't speak for the more expensive versions but if you want to watch Netflix or game without bothering anyone else then a great option.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭Starscream25

So what has the best ps4 pro deal been so far? Pity the currys deal with 4 games was only a collect option, looked fantastic.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭oghran

So what has the best ps4 pro deal been so far? Pity the currys deal with 4 games was only a collect option, looked fantastic.

Currys deals looks great but I can’t find them in stock. I can drive over the border but it seems even London (theoretically) doesn’t have them so I think they’re out of stock everywhere.

Whats the general opinion on these ps4 pro prices coming up to Christmas? They should be similar right?

Actually, I just managed to get a PS4 Pro reserved at £299 for collection at Currys tomorrow, with COD, GT and Fallout 4. Happy camper now :)

Rise of the Tomb Raider is €16.99 + €1.99 ship in Zavvi. Not an amazing deal but best I have seen for physical thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

Nioh in Argos for €16.99 is a great deal. None in stock but I reserved it and it’ll be available for pick up Tue-Thur.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Nioh in Argos for €16.99 is a great deal. None in stock but I reserved it and it’ll be available for pick up Tue-Thur.

Not sure about that, Argos have been known to let BF reservations like that lapse. They did it with me 2 years ago on a HDD.

GameStop are selling it for €20 and appear to have stock.

Not sure about that, Argos have been known to let BF reservations like that lapse. They did it with me 2 years ago on a HDD.

GameStop are selling it for €20 and appear to have stock.

Ah right, I’ll see if I get a text on Tuesday first, if not Gamestop it is. Cheers for the info.

Gizmo55 wrote: »
    Ah right, I’ll see if I get a text on Tuesday first, if not Gamestop it is. Cheers for the info.

It goes back up to €40 after Monday. I wouldn't risk it over a €3 difference myself, but thats your decision to make.

• Registered Users Posts: 108 ✭✭Rosstopher

Has anyone had a game delivered from Smyths or Amazon before? Are either neatly packed (i.e. will fit in a letterbox) or do they do the whole box 10 times the size of the item thing? If An Post deliver it wouldn’t be a problem as they would leave in a depot. Any help would be great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 110 ✭✭MissMayo

Rosstopher wrote: »
    Has anyone had a game delivered from Smyths or Amazon before? Are either neatly packed (i.e. will fit in a letterbox) or do they do the whole box 10 times the size of the item thing? If An Post deliver it wouldn’t be a problem as they would leave in a depot. Any help would be great.

I don't know about Smyths, but anytime I have bought a game from Amazon it fits through the letterbox.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

MissMayo wrote: »
    I don't know about Smyths, but anytime I have bought a game from Amazon it fits through the letterbox.

Same here, came in like a cardboard envelope.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

oghran wrote: »
    Actually, I just managed to get a PS4 Pro reserved at £299 for collection at Currys tomorrow, with COD, GT and Fallout 4. Happy camper now :)

Any chance you could tell me how you did this? Are you going to pick it up in the North or are you using something like parcel motel?

Thanks

Danick wrote: »
    Any chance you could tell me how you did this? Are you going to pick it up in the North or are you using something like parcel motel?

Thanks

I live 20 mins from the border so just reserved it in Currys UK and have until close of business the next day to collect it. I wouldn’t be sure that it wouldn’t be oversized for parcel motel/an post, and am avoiding any shipping by driving to pick it up.

I live 20 mins from the border so just reserved it in Currys UK and have until close of business the next day to collect it. I wouldn’t be sure that it wouldn’t be oversized for parcel motel/an post, and am avoiding any shipping by driving to pick it up.

It would be oversize for both Parcel Motel and AddressPal, but wouldn't be for Parcel Wizard.

I got the Destiny 2 CE through them without an oversize charge and the shipping box was about 100cmX60cmX50cm.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gizmo55 wrote:

Did you get a reservation code

It would be oversize for both Parcel Motel and AddressPal, but wouldn't be for Parcel Wizard.

I got the Destiny 2 CE through them without an oversize charge and the shipping box was about 100cmX60cmX50cm.

By the way, are there any region or DLC issues with a UK ps4? I assume not?

sweetie wrote: »
    Did you get a reservation code

Not yet no, hoping to receive one on Tuesday.

By the way, are there any region or DLC issues with a UK ps4? I assume not?

No, region is based on the account not the console(except for bluray films, locked to region B on EU consoles).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Gizmo55 wrote:
    Not yet no, hoping to receive one on Tuesday.

You won't, it's a typical Argos thing. I tried to reserve in 10 stores, got 10 emails but no codes

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,870 ✭✭✭Grumpypants

It's an old game, but Gamestop have Watchdogs 1 for €2.97. It's enjoyable enough for 3 quid.

Grabbed the Division on xbox too for 4.99. Free delivery.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/44637/watch-dogs

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement