Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I see Forbidden Siren is 3.99 on the store at the moment. Is it any good and has it held up well?

Not great, controls are weird

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Slain back from hell is on sale at under €4.

Developers completely overhauled the gameplay mechanics after poor reviews and it shows. It's a nice castlevania style 16 bit inspired action platformer.

Looks nice and imo plays nice too.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Really? Bought it on sale ages ago, thought it was rock hard so this is good news.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

sweetie wrote: »
    Not great, controls are weird

My backlog thanks you! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sweetie wrote: »
    Really? Bought it on sale ages ago, thought it was rock hard so this is good news.

Look up the Jim Sterling review on YouTube. Explains it better than I can.

I didn't play the first one so can't comment but I can say this one feels good to me. It's still hard don't get me wrong but it's more on player as apposed to a broken mechanic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭deadl0ck

dunworth1 wrote: »
    just spotted that gamestop also have a deal where you get two games with the psvr

https://www.gamestop.ie/Bundle/Configure/3150

I'd stay well clear of Gamestop. Took over 2 weeks for me to get my PSVR from them and the do not reply to customer service messages or email. They are atrocious.

Check the thread here

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

deadl0ck wrote: »
    I'd stay well clear of Gamestop. Took over 2 weeks for me to get my PSVR from them and the do not reply to customer service messages or email. They are atrocious.

Check the thread here

dealing with GameStop in the store is fine

its when ordering online that issues arrises

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Looking for guidance here... Is it worth shelling out for these in the sale?

I'm looking at:

Watch Dogs 2 €17.99
    Mafia 3 €19.99
    Life is Strange: Before the Storm €11.99
    What Remains of Edith Finch €10.99

Total, €60.96, down from €146.96...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

I'm looking at:

Watch Dogs 2 €17.99
    Mafia 3 €19.99

I got Mafia 3 for €12.99 in Smyths before Christmas. It is extremely repetitive, good looking game and very good soundtrack. I would hold off on it until the price goes lower still. It may even make PS+ eventually.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I'm looking at:

Watch Dogs 2 €17.99
    Mafia 3 €19.99

Watch Dogs 2 was a good laugh, worth that price.

Life is Strange: BTS and WRoEF are hands down completely worth their prices (If you liked LiS 1 and 'walking simulators'). Brilliant stories in both.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Watch Dogs 2 is good craic. Well worth the price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Would hope Edith drops more, despite all the acclaim, it seems alot for a 2 hour game!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Would definitely recommend LiS:BtS and LiS is also on sale.

Haven't played the others.

Agents of Mayhem is actually good. Only €20 now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Agents of Mayhem is actually good. Only €20 now.

If you have a weak heart stop reading...

In GameStop of all places, it's actually at the bargain price of €10

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/59156/agents-of-mayhem

They must still be drunk after Christmas.

Jesus!

I'd rather pay the extra €10 to not hear about game insurance or if I have a club card. You won't find a bigger hive of scum and villainy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

Jesus!

I'd rather pay the extra €10 to not hear about game insurance or if I have a club card. You won't find a bigger hive of scum and villainy.

Okay, I’ve had my fair share of horror stories from ordering online from GameStop.ie last year, but I can honestly say that my in-store experiences have been nothing but positive, with friendly staff who go out of their way to help with queries/returns/etc. Just saying this for balance. :)

My last visit was a nightmare. I'll never go in again. Obviously, different branches will have different levels of manners but their prices are insane anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

My last visit was a nightmare. I'll never go in again. Obviously, different branches will have different levels of manners but their prices are insane anyway.

GameStop.ie: you may also like red dead redemption 2 for €75

Me: no thanks. Preordered on Amazon for £46 (€52)

Yeah but, you can insure your disc for €23. An absolute bargain.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Yeah but, you can insure your disc for €23. An absolute bargain.

Really, they actually said this

Naw, but the difference in price is €23

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Lads for anyone who hasn't played Inside I highly recommend it. For me it's up there with The Last Of Us, The Witcher 3 and Breath of The Wild in the best games of the last 5 years. Pretty impressive for a three hour long Indie game when you consider the scale of the others.

Really, is it that good. I got it on sale a couple of months back can't wait to play it now. As soon as I finish assassins creed origins.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Really, is it that good. I got it on sale a couple of months back can't wait to play it now. As soon as I finish assassins creed origins.

For me, honestly, the only thing that puts the other games I mentioned ahead of it is their scale. Inside isn't for everyone as there isn't much story in it, but the atmosphere in it is incredible for a 2d side scrolling game.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

For an MMA fans, EA UFC 3 is currently 55 if you preorder for collection in Smyths. The beta was brilliant and that's a great launch price.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/ufc-3-ps4/p/163615

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I was thinking of picking up some local 2 player games in the sales and deciding whether to get NBA Playgrounds and Street Fighter V. I won't be bothered playing either of them online. I know SFV had a pretty awful launch but is it any craic?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I was thinking of picking up some local 2 player games in the sales and deciding whether to get NBA Playgrounds and Street Fighter V. I won't be bothered playing either of them online. I know SFV had a pretty awful launch but is it any craic?

Don't buy SF V, wait for the new Arcade Edition later this month as it includes all the season 1 and 2 characters immediately (can be earned in game) and all the premium dlc costumes.

The game itself is pretty good though, much better than when it launched.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-ps4/dgc-sfvaeps4.htm

Don't buy SF V, wait for the new Arcade Edition later this month as it includes all the season 1 and 2 characters immediately (can be earned in game) and all the premium dlc costumes.

The game itself is pretty good though, much better than when it launched.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/street-fighter-v-arcade-edition-ps4/dgc-sfvaeps4.htm

The one that's on sale comes with the Season One Character Pass and it's only €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

The one that's on sale comes with the Season One Character Pass and it's only €15.

I know, the disc version of AE has the Season 1 and Season 2 passes and all the dlc costumes.

AE will be provided as a free update on Jan 16th for existing owners(without the passes or dlc costumes).

• Advertisement

I know, the disc version of AE has the Season 1 and Season 2 passes and all the dlc costumes.

AE will be provided as a free update on Jan 16th for existing owners(without the passes or dlc costumes).

So if I buy the one on the store at the moment, I'll get the free AE update on the 16th? I presume that doesn't come with the Season 2 characters?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement