Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

So if I buy the one on the store at the moment, I'll get the free AE update on the 16th? I presume that doesn't come with the Season 2 characters?

The season 2 characters can be unlocked in game with a currency earned from fights. The season 3 characters will also be unlockable in this way as they are released. The Character passes are only used to bypass the need to grind for Fight Money to unlock.

Edit: The content available immediately on the AE disc is the same as the 2017 Deluxe Bundle, which is currently €30, plus the costume bundles.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Horizon Zero Dawn has been added to the new year sale as of today. 21 quid if you have plus, 30 euro for complete edition.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1214322/horizon-zero-dawntm

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Horizon Zero Dawn has been added to the new year sale as of today. 21 quid if you have plus, 30 euro for complete edition.

For those that don't have Plus (like me) you can get the "3 free days" again even if you availed of it before by going to the Settings > Application Saved Data Management section

I thought once you did it you no longer could enable it but I spotted it was available again after a few months

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Is it worth it?

There was a lot of fuss when it was released but it seemed to disappear very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Is it worth it?

There was a lot of fuss when it was released but it seemed to disappear very quickly.

I thought it was boring shyte after the first few hours and couldn't drag myself to continue with it but it cleaned up at the boards GOTY awards so a lot of people loved it and I saw people were asking for the best price on it recently.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I thought it was boring shyte after the first few hours and couldn't drag myself to continue with it but it cleaned up at the boards GOTY awards so a lot of people loved it and I saw people were asking for the best price on it recently.

I'm with you on that too. Bored me to tears and i really couldn't give two ****e's about the lead character either. Just didn't do it for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I'm with you on that too. Bored me to tears and i really couldn't give two ****e's about the lead character either. Just didn't do it for me.

WOW, I thought I was the only person who hated Horizon, just a slogfest to get into.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Cheers. Will leave it so for the time being at least.

Huge backlog to get through anyway so what harm!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,168 ✭✭✭Grahamer666

I just can't play SP games if i don't have any feeling towards the characters. I get bored of it very easy. On the other end of the spectrum was the Mass Effect Trilogy. All the characters in that made me care.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Is it worth it?

Personally I loved it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

duploelabs wrote: »
    Personally I loved it

Yeah I loved Horizon as well. Just finished the main story. The combat is great fun between trying to do stealth and then just blow the ****e out of some massive machine.

I have clocked up about 30 - 40 hours of game play I would guess. And for 20 odd euro it is worth taking the chance you will like it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I picked up a couple of couch multiplayer games in the sale but the best by far is Overcooked. Less than €7 for the full bundle. Great craic although if you have to competitive people playing it can lead to lots of shouting and accusations.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,645 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

I picked up a couple of couch multiplayer games in the sale but the best by far is Overcooked. Less than €7 for the full bundle. Great craic although if you have to competitive people playing it can lead to lots of shouting and accusations.

Would this be a good game for a 6 & 8yr old?
    Are the controls complicated?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,486 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Yeah it’s a delight, and simple to pick up for any age. Kids mightn’t be able to keep up when it gets really busy, but failure is just as fun.

Just don’t play it on your own: it’s barely playable, and the co-op brings out the game’s brilliance :)

NIMAN wrote: »
    Would this be a good game for a 6 & 8yr old?
    Are the controls complicated?

It's really only two buttons - square and triangle - and it's the perfect game to play with your kids - no matter what their age.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

It's really only two buttons - square and triangle - and it's the perfect game to play with your kids - no matter what their age.

Need a second controller or will ps move jobbies suffice?

sweetie wrote: »
    Need a second controller or will ps move jobbies suffice?

Haven't a Dickie bird whether you can use a move controller but you can split a controller and have two players use each side of the controller

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Where did you get it?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

CWF wrote: »
    Where did you get it?

PSN.

• Registered Users Posts: 749 ✭✭✭Bozo Skeleton

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is free on Playstation Plus. No idea if this is a good game. Played the first one years ago and it was pretty decent. Anyway, downloading, can't argue with free.

• Advertisement

Anyone see any good deals on the Pro? Best seems to be 349 with GT Sport.

Where? Gamestop? Expired?

Any Ps4 Pro bargains going? I think €399 in Gamestop is the best at the moment, no game.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Deus Ex: Mankind Divided is free on Playstation Plus. No idea if this is a good game. Played the first one years ago and it was pretty decent. Anyway, downloading, can't argue with free.

As far as I remember it got good reviews when it was released, I was going to buy it before christmas, glad I didn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,425 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Jayisplay wrote: »
    As far as I remember it got good reviews when it was released, I was going to buy it before christmas, glad I didn't.

Yeah it's quite good

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Any Ps4 Pro bargains going? I think €399 in Gamestop is the best at the moment, no game.
    Same deal at Argos. Avoid GameStop if possible (moreover if you order online)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8361590/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 12,472 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

chonix wrote: »
    Same deal at Argos. Avoid GameStop if possible (moreover if you order online)
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/8361590/c_1/1%7Ccategory_root%7CVideo+games%7C14419738/c_2/3%7C19780877%7CPS4%7C37328275/c_3/4%7Ccat_37328275%7CPS4+consoles%7C37328622.htm
    Nice one thanks, argos it is so. They have a nice shiny white one too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,370 ✭✭✭xtal191

Nice one thanks, argos it is so. They have a nice shiny white one too :)

You can get the Pro(both colours) with Horizon Complete edition for £335 on Tesco UK, works out roughly €385 all in using Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭Mcsirl

xtal191 wrote: »
    You can get the Pro(both colours) with Horizon Complete edition for £335 on Tesco UK, works out roughly €385 all in using Parcel Motel or Parcel Wizard.

You need to have a uk address on your bank card though as it looks for a uk postcode to auth

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Mcsirl wrote: »
    You need to have a uk address on your bank card though as it looks for a uk postcode to auth

Can get a temp address put on your card.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement