Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

Oh wow that ticks the boxes for me having been conditioned to an xbox pad for so many years thats as close as I've seen. Much more natural for me , I really struggle with my left thumb on the DS4 hopping between the stick and d-pad as I only play about 1 in 10 games on the ps4 and that looks like a very reasonable price.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Tesco has PS4 slime for €183 in store. Dual shocks are reduced too.

• Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭PaddyBomb

I recently bought The Division: Gold Edition on the store for €30 (the base game is €15) after playing the 6 hour demo.

I was hyped for the game when it first came out but didn't bother with it after all the bad reviews. After seeing a few videos on YouTube of people saying that the game now is what it should have been when it first released, I thought it'd give it a bash and I haven't been disappointed. If anyone was in the same boat as me, I recommend giving the 6 hour demo a go because you get the full game to do what you want and you can decide from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,804 ✭✭✭Jacovs

Yeah I was just in Tesco Clarehall, saw the reduced dual shock prices.
    Black V1 reduced to 28,80 - out of stock
    Red V1 reduced to 16,20 - out of stock
    Blue V1 reduced to 16,20 and didnt have an out of stock sign so I asked them and they found 1 in the back, but it turned out to be the new model which had an out of stock sign over the 59,99 price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,055 ✭✭✭CWF

Wow that's very good!! Any deal on the Pro?

• Advertisement

CWF wrote: »
    Wow that's very good!! Any deal on the Pro?

I didn't see it, just the slim and regular PS4.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

PaddyBomb wrote: »
    I recently bought The Division: Gold Edition on the store for €30 (the base game is €15) after playing the 6 hour demo....

It's 12 quid in Argos, I picked it up for the 3rd time and loving it, gonna get the DLC when the go on sale. I had survival from before and it's such a great mode.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Lads

Tesco have reduced Xbox One S and Kinects (where in stock) and PS4 and PS4 controllers

PS4 Slim 1TB is 186

500GB is only 4 euro less I think.

I think the prices are around 165 for the Xbox One S

Controllers: DS4 is scanning at €16.50 for Gen1

Also all accessories for Xbox have a 75% reduction.

I just picked up a couple of Play and Charge kits for €6 each for the Xbox

Stores will vary to be fair and no, there NO PS Pro's in this promotion

Some games reduced also but depends on the store.

You cant reserve online though.

Let the bargain hunter games.............................begin :)

Between getting stock and disappointments, the thread should be alive for at least 24 hours :D

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

Might have been posted already srry if it has but borderlands the handsome collection is 12 euro on psn store until the 19th of January.gamestop wanted 40 euro for a used copy last week lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

amadablam wrote: »

Is there any way to check stock in specific stores online?

I tried earlier but couldn't figure their website out.

• Advertisement

Brozy wrote: »

Yeah same here.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭dunworth1

don't believe there is anyway have never heard anyone mention it

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Nope, I watched the lady check DS controller stock and it kept showing as stock status unavailable and she had to get the hardware manager to physically check in the store room.

This is literally a case of having to either call them and hope they will hold something or else drive to each one.

its the same as last year.

Their website is absolutely shocking when it comes to video games, there's hardly anything there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

I checked a 500gb original PS4 this morning at a scanner and it scanned at full price. CoD ps4 slim was full price as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,740 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Anyone know of a cheaper place than Gamestop for the PS4 platinum headset? €130 there atm

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

amadablam wrote: »
    Lads

Tesco have reduced Xbox One S and Kinects (where in stock) and PS4 and PS4 controllers

PS4 Slim 1TB is 186

500GB is only 4 euro less I think.

I think the prices are around 165 for the Xbox One S

Controllers: DS4 is scanning at €16.50 for Gen1

Also all accessories for Xbox have a 75% reduction.

I just picked up a couple of Play and Charge kits for €6 each for the Xbox

Let the bargain hunter games.............................begin :)

Between getting stock and disappointments, the thread should be alive for at least 24 hours :D

This was caused by a pricing error that has now been fixed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

There wasn't a whole lot of love for Horizon Zero Dawn when someone was asking about it earlier on in this thread but I thought I give it a recommendation now that the January Sale is nearly up. I picked it up in Argos just before Christmas and I played maybe 4-5 hours over the holidays without really being sold on it - I had just finished Witcher 3 so another open world game probably wasn't going to grab me. I stopped playing it and got through a couple of shorter games instead and went back to it over the last week or two. I'm hooked on it now. Once you get leveled up to over 25 and you get yourself the multiple arrow skill and up your concentration levels, robot hunting becomes great fun. I'll be grabbing the Frozen Wilds expansion this evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

This was caused by a pricing error that has now been fixed.

Do you mean PS4 Pro's had a pricing error, or the whole thing was a mistake?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Do you mean PS4 Pro's had a pricing error, or the whole thing was a mistake?

The whole thing was a mistake and all the consoles and accessories have returned to their original price.

• Advertisement

The whole thing was a mistake and all the consoles and accessories have returned to their original price.

Sound. Have a friend looking for a PS4, I sent her on a wild goose chase to Tesco yesterday. €300 for FIFA and PS4.

There wasn't a whole lot of love for Horizon Zero Dawn when someone was asking about it earlier on in this thread but I thought I give it a recommendation now that the January Sale is nearly up. I picked it up in Argos just before Christmas and I played maybe 4-5 hours over the holidays without really being sold on it - I had just finished Witcher 3 so another open world game probably wasn't going to grab me. I stopped playing it and got through a couple of shorter games instead and went back to it over the last week or two. I'm hooked on it now. Once you get leveled up to over 25 and you get yourself the multiple arrow skill and up your concentration levels, robot hunting becomes great fun. I'll be grabbing the Frozen Wilds expansion this evening.

I picked up the complete edition a few weeks ago and I've put in over 50 hours already I think. I'm not too pushed about the story but the game play is brilliant. I'm around level 38 and it's still fairly easy to become overwhelmed by a group of machines.

I've HZD to thank for keeping me off the beer in January so far so I second kunst nugget's recommendation of picking it up.

I stopped playing after I realized that no matter how high you're level, it's not getting any easier. I prefer to put in the work in these RPGs and get a bit of return on power etc. Still dying a lot after leveling up everything is ****ty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I stopped playing after I realized that no matter how high you're level, it's not getting any easier. I prefer to put in the work in these RPGs and get a bit of return on power etc. Still dying a lot after leveling up everything is ****ty.

Levelling up the multiple arrow skill and getting decent bows from the merchants made a world of difference to me - I find it a lot easier to get through the game and if I die now, I'm not really finding it all that unfair now.

I reckon going back now would be a nightmare to relearn everything, although I was enjoying it, just found it frustrating in a Dark Souls way.

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

TitanFall 2 is £10 on Amazon for Prime customers or those ne'er do wells that just signup for the free trial of prime to avail of bargains!

3d-shooter-titanfall-2-ps4

Titanfall 2 (PS4)

I reckon going back now would be a nightmare to relearn everything, although I was enjoying it, just found it frustrating in a Dark Souls way.

It definitely gets easier as you level up. I do the side quests as I go to keep leveling up as I proceed through the story.

I did find the controls awkward for the first 8 or so hours. The amount of times I rolled off a cliff or building to my death was ridiculous.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I was enjoying HZD until I took a 2 week break. Went back and found the fact I had to relearn the controls put me off.

I sold it but do intend to rebuy it again when its around €10 and will play it without getting side tracked next time.

mrcheez wrote: »
    I was enjoying HZD until I took a 2 week break. Went back and found the fact I had to relearn the controls put me off.

I sold it but do intend to rebuy it again when its around €10 and will play it without getting side tracked next time.

Why didn't you just keep it?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

CWF wrote: »
    Why didn't you just keep it?!

Because I had a huge backlog to get through and probably wasn't going to play it for a while again as I was concentrating on PSVR for the subsequent months.

At the time I was able to sell it for €45, which went toward several PSVR games that I *DID* end up playing completely.

(to be clear, it was a free game that came bundled with my PS4)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement