Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP8941-CUSA07527_00-HELLB2017NT002EN

Is that any good chaps? I'd never heard of it but it seems to get stellar reviews.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

https://store.playstation.com/en-ie/product/EP8941-CUSA07527_00-HELLB2017NT002EN

Is that any good chaps? I'd never heard of it but it seems to get stellar reviews.

Worth every penny.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,468 ✭✭✭Niska

Final Fantasy XII (Zodiac Age) is 14.99 in Argos.

http://checkargos.com/product/7237632

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Got that this morning myself. Newest Deus Ex game is also free on + at the moment.

The dlc is reduced on PSN too. Any good?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

sweetie wrote: »
    The dlc is reduced on PSN too. Any good?

Which, the DLC for TLOU?

It's decent enough, takes about 2 hours to complete.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Which, the DLC for TLOU?

It's decent enough, takes about 2 hours to complete.

Nah think he meant the Deus Ex DLC

The DLC for TLOU comes free with the Remastered version

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

CWF wrote: »
    What does that mean? Sorry, I'm new to this stuff

Yup. US, Canadian & UK stores (and even others) sometimes have very good deals. It's easy to set up an account for another region, and if you buy a game on the US store for example, you can still play it on your Irish account if both the accounts are on the same console.
    You can also often get discounted credit on pcgamesupplies & cdkeys.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Probably better to ask here.

Giving up bill pay on phone, for those phone credit to PSN credit services who's better and which network.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Varik wrote: »
    Probably better to ask here.

Giving up bill pay on phone, for those phone credit to PSN credit services who's better and which network.

I'm with 3.
    Top up €20 and convert it to €20 PSN credit for €20.49.

http://www.three.ie/eshop/sim-only-plans/prepay-sim-only/

• Registered Users Posts: 885 ✭✭✭celticbhoy27

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm with 3.

Ok complete noob here. How does this work? Your monthly bill with 3 is 20 eu? You get to keep the 20 euro and convert it to psn credit???

• Advertisement

F1ngers wrote: »
    I'm with 3.

Where do you get the 20.49 rate, only had a quick look and seen the fees higher.

Edit: that buygamecredit.com ?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Ok complete noob here. How does this work? Your monthly bill with 3 is 20 eu? You get to keep the 20 euro and convert it to psn credit???

I do.
    Where do you get the 20.49 rate, only had a quick look and seen the fees higher.

Edit: that buygamecredit.com ?

That's the one I use.

Use the /IE for Irish PSN credit.

https://www.buygamecredit.com/GB/IE

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Does anyone happen to know how much Gamestop sells a pre owned PS3 for? I can't find them on the website, but apparently there's 25% discount on pre owned consoles for level 3 loyalty members.

All call centre sales people are a shower of chancers.

Getting told I'm in a 24 month contract, was almost yelling about how I wasn't when I notice the name of the plan in my bill. Apparently I was on the 24 month "12 month red connect" plan.

It's switching to pay as you go now and then onto three. They've a deal on in addition to the normal keep you credit where you get €10 a month free over 10 months.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,573 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

All call centre sales people are a shower of chancers.

Getting told I'm in a 24 month contract, was almost yelling about how I wasn't when I notice the name of the plan in my bill. Apparently I was on the 24 month "12 month red connect" plan.

It's switching to pay as you go now and then onto three. They've a deal on in addition to the normal keep you credit where you get €10 a month free over 10 months.

Watch out for the top ups every 28 days. You miss it and you're credit drains stupidly fast. I lost about €75 overnight while I was asleep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Does that credit for psn trade still not accept Tesco mobile? Will be sorted if it ever does!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Does anyone happen to know how much Gamestop sells a pre owned PS3 for? I can't find them on the website, but apparently there's 25% discount on pre owned consoles for level 3 loyalty members.

I think they were around €109 for a 160GB model. Certainly it wasn't much more than that. I bought mine from them some time ago and it's been great. They give a 12 month warranty on their pre-owned consoles which is very decent.

I think they were around €109 for a 160GB model. Certainly it wasn't much more than that. I bought mine from them some time ago and it's been great. They give a 12 month warranty on their pre-owned consoles which is very decent.

Super, thats roughly what I'm after rather than buying one off adverts with no guarantee, thanks.

Gamestop's website is difficult to navigate but if you have level 3 loyalty membership you can pick up a pre owned PS Vita (either model) for 75 euro! Which I thought was pretty decent.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Varik wrote:

Varik wrote:

You're going from the Vodafone network to 3 sheesh good luck with that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Varik wrote:

Varik wrote:

You're going from the Vodafone network to 3 sheesh good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I did the same. Not as great of coverage, but at least you can use the internet without worrying about going over your limit.

As for bargains, I saw Uncharted 4 in Tesco yesterday for €19.99.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Shadow of the Colossus out today. Smyths are cheapest bricks and mortar at 29.99 as opposed to 33 in Argos and 39.99 in GameStop.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

fixxxer wrote: »
    Shadow of the Colossus out today. Smyths are cheapest bricks and mortar at 29.99 as opposed to 33 in Argos and 39.99 in GameStop.

Smyths were doing their €5 off offer on SotC, ordered it for €25.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Smyths were doing their €5 off offer on SotC, ordered it for €25.

Didn't see that offer, €25 is a great price for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Didn't see that offer, €25 is a great price for it.

It's their usual €5 off in store/ click and collect pre order offer. It went down to £19 on the offer in the UK stores.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭bonzothebuzz

How do you get the 5 euro off at smyths?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I saw a YouTube video of the colossus kills today and couldn't help but feel sorry for the giants getting picked on by the little runt.

It's like you're playing as an evil little insect?!?

I'll caveat this by saying I've absolutely no idea about the game beyond that video. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

How do you get the 5 euro off at smyths?

By going back in time and preordering

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement