Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26,404 ✭✭✭✭noodler

sweetie wrote: »
    By going back in time and preordering

Link?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

noodler wrote: »
    Link?

Nah, no need for the Ocarina of Time, a simple time machine will do.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

martyos121 wrote: »
    Nah, no need for the Ocarina of Time, a simple time machine will do.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00KT2GPSK/

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Titanfall 2 ultimate edition is back on sale for €15, finally got it

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Argos has Nier Automata for 32 quid, but it doesn't appear in stock in any stores.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭devildriver

Cienciano wrote: »
    Titanfall 2 ultimate edition is back on sale for €15, finally got it

After months of sitting on the fence about it - I finally picked it from Amazon US for about 12 quid delivered!

Titanfall 2 - PlayStation 4

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Picked up Hotline Miami collection for €5 and its great but sweet jesus am I dying a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,022 ✭✭✭nedd

Picked up Hotline Miami collection for €5 and its great but sweet jesus am I dying a lot!

Ha, that will happen alright.

Walk in door, die.
    Walk in door, kill goon, die.
    Walk in door, kill goon, walk around corner, die...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I love Hotline Miami so much. The soundtracks <3

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

After months of sitting on the fence about it - I finally picked it from Amazon US for about 12 quid delivered!

I missed it last time it was on sale, didn't want to buy it till it went on sale again. By all accounts, the single player is amazing. Well worth €12!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

Cienciano wrote: »
    I missed it last time it was on sale, didn't want to buy it till it went on sale again. By all accounts, the single player is amazing. Well worth €12!

Definitely worth it, the single player was fantastic!

It's shocking to think that they didn't put single player in Titanfall 1 given that the campaign in 2 demonstrated so much pedigree.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

Swine. Saw the price you paid and just ordered it myself!

I'm doing what I always do. Building a collection of games and not getting around to playing the majority of them. Bought the PS4 at Christmas and now have:

The Last of Us
    The Last Guardian
    Just Cause 3
    Farcry 4
    Deus Ex - Mankind Divided, Grand Kingdom, RiME & Knack from PS Plus
    Horizon
    Journey
    Metal Gear Solid V: Ground Zeroes
    Metal Gear Solid V: Definitive Edition
    Tomb Raider: Definitive Edition
    Styx: Master of Shadows
    Super Stardust Delta
    Firewatch
    Abzu
    Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
    Titanfall 2

I remember selling my Dreamcast, GameCube etc with huge amounts of games I never got around to playing!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Start with Firewatch and Ground Zeros, there's about 4 hours combined to finish both of those :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

I'm doing what I always do. Building a collection of games and not getting around to playing the majority of them. Bought the PS4 at Christmas and now have:

The Last of Us
    The Last Guardian
    Just Cause 3
    Farcry 4
    Horizon
    Journey
    Super Stardust Delta
    Firewatch
    Abzu
    Titanfall 2

I remember selling my Dreamcast, GameCube etc with huge amounts of games I never got around to playing!

You should probably spend more time playing games instead of spending the time buying them maybe :P

nix wrote: »
    You should probably spend more time playing games instead of spending the time buying them maybe :P

I know... I can't help myself though. I'm like a feckin' Magpie.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,400 ✭✭✭Vyse

The Last of Us
    The Last Guardian
    Just Cause 3
    Farcry 4
    Horizon
    Journey
    Super Stardust Delta
    Firewatch
    Abzu
    Titanfall 2

Some great games in that list but I would start with Titanfall 2 (followed closely by The Last of Us). campaign is relatively short but brilliant. Multiplayer is sublime.

Shame on you re: the dreamcast ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

The evilwithin 2 20euro at smyths.How does it compare to the first?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

nedd wrote: »
    Ha, that will happen alright.

Walk in door, die.
    Walk in door, kill goon, die.
    Walk in door, kill goon, walk around corner, die...

Once I didn't even walk in the door! A dog chased me out the door and around the building after just opening it.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

daheadonu wrote:

Pretty good, quite a lot of content

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

The Last of Us
    The Last Guardian
    Just Cause 3
    Farcry 4
    Horizon
    Journey
    Super Stardust Delta
    Firewatch
    Abzu
    Titanfall 2

"someone" created a thread tracking their progress completing games.

That someone (me) has found it easier to stick with playing games to completion when you publicly set yourself a challenge (peer pressure n all that).

Consider adding your own progress to the thread and keep at it as much as you can!

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057821659

I've cleared off 14 games since December. Gave up watching TV series though, except Black Mirror.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

daheadonu wrote: »

The PS4's answer to silent hill 2 imo. Although obviously not as groundbreaking or important.

• Registered Users Posts: 252 ✭✭daheadonu

The PS4's answer to silent hill 2 imo. Although obviously not as groundbreaking or important.

Ended up picking it up along with the surge for 10 euro in gamestop,now that you mention it tried play through silent hill 2 hd but I left it after the apartments. Shocking amount of bugs in that game.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

daheadonu wrote: »
    Ended up picking it up along with the surge for 10 euro in gamestop,now that you mention it tried play through silent hill 2 hd but I left it after the apartments. Shocking amount of bugs in that game.

That HD remaster was brutal. The game was (to some degree still is) amazing at the time, but it's just ridiculously aged at the stage. Still got a great story/soundtrack though.

As an aside, I always think it's weird how poorly the majority of PS1/PS2 games have aged in comparison to those from the SNES/Dreamcast era. Some of those still look and play beautifully yet the old PlayStation games often play terribly and look atrocious. I suppose it's something to do with the increased complexity of the newer games, I feel like technology is only catching up with the ambition of those kind of games now. Would be cool to see how SH2 would actually turn out if it was being made for the first time now*...

*Excluding tagged on multiplayer and DLC for each of the endings :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Just a head-up folks - You can get BF1 Revolution Edition and Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition for ~€20 on the Singapore PSN store.

Buy a Singaporean $30 PSN credit pack at Seagm for €19.69 ( + processing fees [2.9% + 30c]).
    They accept paypal, credit/debit card etc.

Set up a Singaporean PSN account the same way you would a US/UK account, then use any valid postal address. I used a McDonald's address and it worked fine :).

Apply the SGD $30 credit to Singaporean PSN account.

Then use 15% discount code QHPHQQ7TKA to bring the game below $30 SGD.

As long as your PS4 is set to primary for your Singaporean account, you'll now be able to play BF1 and Titanfall 2 online on your Irish PS+ account.

Vyse wrote: »
    Some great games in that list but I would start with Titanfall 2 (followed closely by The Last of Us). campaign is relatively short but brilliant. Multiplayer is sublime.

Shame on you re: the dreamcast ;)

I know, I really regret it now but at the time we rented and moved apartment almost every 12 months as herself always found something to dislike. Lugging it and everything else around in pre-car days was a pain in the behind.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

sweetie wrote: »
    Pretty good, quite a lot of content

Most games now have a lot of content (ugh, hate that word). That doesn’t really mean anything in regards to its quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Most games now have a lot of content (ugh, hate that word). That doesn’t really mean anything in regards to its quality.

Yeah, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 4,909 ✭✭✭nix

Just a head-up folks - You can get BF1 Revolution Edition and Titanfall 2 Ultimate Edition for ~€20 on the Singapore PSN store.

Buy a Singaporean $30 PSN credit pack at Seagm for €19.69 ( + processing fees [2.9% + 30c]).
    They accept paypal, credit/debit card etc.

Set up a Singaporean PSN account the same way you would a US/UK account, then use any valid postal address. I used a McDonald's address and it worked fine :).

Apply the SGD $30 credit to Singaporean PSN account.

Then use 15% discount code QHPHQQ7TKA to bring the game below $30 SGD.

As long as your PS4 is set to primary for your Singaporean account, you'll now be able to play BF1 and Titanfall 2 online on your Irish PS+ account.

Or you can just buy hard copies of the games for pretty much the same price off Amazon and not bother your arse jumping through all them hoops :rolleyes::D

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

nix wrote: »
    Or you can just buy hard copies of the games for pretty much the same price off Amazon and not bother your arse jumping through all them hoops :rolleyes::D

The same price? BF1 Revolution and a standard copy of Titanfall 2 (not the 'Ultimate Edition') would cost €42.77 to be delivered to Ireland.

The PSN deal is for the 'GOTY' versions of the games for less than half that price. It really isn't that much effort to set up a Singaporean account.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths are currently taking pre orders of the Gold Edition of Far Cry 5 for €69.99, €64.99 if ordered in store or for click & collect.

Great price considering this comes with the season pass which includes Far Cry 3 Classic.

Fyi GameStop currently have the Deluxe Edition listed for €69.99 and the Gold Edition for €89.99.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement