Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭Mr.Fantastic

Very good well worth it. Has a good few scary moments also dunno if the DLC is worth it haven't played any of it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

It’s brilliant. Throw back to the original RE. Well worth that price even though it has been cheaper on Amazon a few times.

barry75 wrote:
    Anyone recommend this game is it any good?

I absolutely loved it. Its been a long time since a game frightened me so much. I'd highly recommend and if you have a psvr, it's a must buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

barry75 wrote: »
    Anyone recommend this game is it any good?

Yep, excellent. Great atmosphere. And you've just remunded me to go back to try finish this off. That's tonight sorted so.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,850 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Prices are live now

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&display=table

Recommend:
    Last of us - 16
    Journey - 4
    DriveClub - 13

Interested in:
    Hidden Agenda - 10

Anyone have recommendations?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Prices are live now

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&display=table

Recommend:
    Last of us - 16
    Journey - 4
    DriveClub - 13

Interested in:
    Hidden Agenda - 10

Anyone have recommendations?

Picked up Hidden Agenda on Amazon for about £6 - I was buying a couple of things at the time so the delivery was free.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

nothing for me really just got crash team racing for 1.99 and Resistance burning skies for 3.99

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Horizon Zero Dawn is well worth it at that price - €20. Thoroughly enjoyed it and the Frozen Wilds DLC. The Last Guardian is down €14.99 and it is worth a go I think - the caveat being that the wonky camera and controls can be pretty frustrating at times. When all is said and done, the game is well worth playing.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

sweetie wrote: »
    nothing for me really just got crash team racing for 1.99 and Resistance burning skies for 3.99

I loved the Resistance series. I got the burning skies demo years ago but it was really difficult to see. Indoors (in game) was practically pitch black and there's no way of changing the brightness on the Vita. I was playing it outdoors on the way to work but it was unplayable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

Got Gravity Rush 2. Finally beat the first one and despite all its problems the atmosphere and the whole gravity flying itself can't be beat.

• Advertisement

I'm torn between Nioh and Horizon. Can't decide. Any recommendation?

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

I’m gonna be that asshole and say both. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 957 ✭✭✭Wexfordboy89

martyos121 wrote: »
    I’m gonna be that asshole and say both. :)
    Theres always one :p;)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Horizon Zero Dawn. You have Bloodborne free this month on PS+ to tide you over for the Souls-like (forgive the use here) itch.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Still no Nier Automata discount! Feck sake.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

What is Driveclub like to play?

Jordan 199 wrote: »
    What is Driveclub like to play?

Bundles of fun. Gameplay reminds me of Burnout 2. It’s the most fun racing game I’ve played since that, and that’s just single player. Absolute steal at that price. Masses of add ons available and I’ve not even touched the bike mode dlc either, which was also dirt cheap.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

Bundles of fun. Gameplay reminds me of Burnout 2. It’s the most fun racing game I’ve played since that, and that’s just single player. Absolute steal at that price. Masses of add ons available and I’ve not even touched the bike mode dlc either, which was also dirt cheap.

Is it designed to be fun or a simulator? I've bought some racing games recently and found them far too technical... I just like driving quickly and crashing with an optional competitive element :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is it designed to be fun or a simulator? I've bought some racing games recently and found them far too technical... I just like driving quickly and crashing with an optional competitive element :pac:

It's more like Grand Turismo than Need For Speed if that's what you're asking.

Oh it’s definitely more fun than sim.

The loading times are fantastic too. Great for a short burst of play here or there. Just pick up and play.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 514 ✭✭✭EIREDriver

Anyone know why BuyGameCredit is shutting down? Was very handy for getting rid of extra credit built on 3 PAYG.

EIREDriver wrote: »
    Anyone know why BuyGameCredit is shutting down? Was very handy for getting rid of extra credit built on 3 PAYG.

Is this different to HMVGameCredit?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Is this different to HMVGameCredit?

Same company operating it, no reason has been given but more than likely going into administration.

Same company operating it, no reason has been given but more than likely going into administration.

Damn.

Is there no alternative? As a student phone credit to PlayStation credit has basically been my only gaming fund for the past year :(

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

HMVgamecredit is offline at the moment too. They say that it is temporary.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

whiterebel wrote: »

Its been off for a week now
    I think its done, which is frustrating as it was my way of saying its ok to add to my back log :(

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

whiterebel wrote: »

I think they just have not updated the HMVgamecredit site the Buygamecredit site said it was temporary shut off but has since changed to say it will be permanently shut down in the coming days

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

I think UK PSN accounts let you top up your wallet directly with mobile credit. they seem to have had this feature since 2014 i doubt it will work with an irish number but i will try this evening and see what happens

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

I'm a newcomer to PS4 (just got one two weeks ago).

How often do individual games go on sale? You know how on PC, most games go on sale during the Steam sales and then a few times during the year. What's it like on PS4?

I suppose what I'm really asking is, if something is a good price (say 75% off) but I won't play it right away, am I safe enough to wait for it to go on sale again or am I better off grabbing it while I can?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Vojera wrote: »
    I'm a newcomer to PS4 (just got one two weeks ago).

How often do individual games go on sale? You know how on PC, most games go on sale during the Steam sales and then a few times during the year. What's it like on PS4?

I suppose what I'm really asking is, if something is a good price (say 75% off) but I won't play it right away, am I safe enough to wait for it to go on sale again or am I better off grabbing it while I can?

There's almost always some form of sale on. Seasonal sales, PS exclusive sales, surprise flash sales etc. But the actual games on sale will still vary a lot. If it's something you may not play right away but definitely do want to play, I'd say you're better off grabbing it when you can. Stuff you're not really that bothered about but is a good deal, you're likely safe enough waiting for it to go on sale again.

Then again, depends on how good the deal is too. If all of a sudden something is 75% off and it's a newish enough game, might be worth going for because the price may not drop that low again for a while, maybe only up to 50%.

So to answer your question; I don't know.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement