Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭Brozy

Vojera wrote: »
    I'm a newcomer to PS4 (just got one two weeks ago).

How often do individual games go on sale? You know how on PC, most games go on sale during the Steam sales and then a few times during the year. What's it like on PS4?

I suppose what I'm really asking is, if something is a good price (say 75% off) but I won't play it right away, am I safe enough to wait for it to go on sale again or am I better off grabbing it while I can?

Short answer is that games go on sale periodically, so if you miss it this time you will be able to pick it up for the same price if not cheaper in a few months.

If you use the site below, you can search the game you're looking at and see the history of its price since release. This way you can determine the cheapest its been and also maybe predict when it will be on sale again next, give or take a month.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?sort=date&platform=PS4&dlc=show

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Vojera wrote: »
    I'm a newcomer to PS4 (just got one two weeks ago). I suppose what I'm really asking is, if something is a good price (say 75% off) but I won't play it right away, am I safe enough to wait for it to go on sale again or am I better off grabbing it while I can?

Everything will be on sale again and I'd say at least once every 3 months or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,479 ✭✭✭brianregan09

So have we now no site to spend 3 credit on PSN ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

It's a big blow for me as I have never topped up my PSN account with "real cash", only ever used the Three credit. (not counting physical games)

I've just checked & I've received €450 in PSN credit since 2015. Didn't realise it was that much :eek:

I have €100 left, so I'll have to choose wisely in future.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Is there anything else you can spend your credit on?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,814 ✭✭✭irishman86

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    It's a big blow for me as I have never topped up my PSN account with "real cash", only ever used the Three credit. (not counting physical games)

I've just checked & I've received €450 in PSN credit since 2015. Didn't realise it was that much :eek:

I have €100 left, so I'll have to choose wisely in future.

I was using 40 euros a month, havent paid for a game since some legend here mentioned the service
    Hopefully another company replaces them, i just saw on twitter they defo gone

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is there anything else you can spend your credit on?

Think you can use it on Leap card credit if you have an android device with nfc. You need to set up carrier payment on Google Play.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Think you can use it on Leap card credit if you have an android device with nfc. You need to set up carrier payment on Google Play.

that'll do cheers. TBH im bummed aswell but the amount of ****e clogging up my PS4 I bought just to use up the credit.

Edit: seems only to be vodafone?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,540 ✭✭✭✭Varik

sweetie wrote: »
    that'll do cheers. TBH im bummed aswell but the amount of ****e clogging up my PS4 I bought just to use up the credit.

Edit: seems only to be vodafone?

Can't see option to add it at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Flash sale on the Canadian and US Psn stores

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,627 ✭✭✭Sgt Pepper 64

The Heavy Rain™ & BEYOND: Two Souls™ Collection

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Occono

https://about.leapcard.ie/leap-top-up-app

No option to use Google Play payments as far as I can see.

In Dublin you can use your credit for parking.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

irishman86 wrote: »
    I was using 40 euros a month, havent paid for a game since some legend here mentioned the service
    Hopefully another company replaces them, i just saw on twitter they defo gone

where do u see on twitter that definitely are gone?can not see it any where's

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

NikoTopps wrote: »
    where do u see on twitter that definitely are gone?can not see it any where's

There. Unfortunately

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭johnf26

No more bargains on here ?

• Registered Users Posts: 552 ✭✭✭Stylesclash07

Got uncharted collection for 7.99 dollars form the flash sale in US. Also got elite dangerous for 11.99 dollars, never played it wanted to have it a try

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

Got uncharted collection for 7.99 dollars form the flash sale in US. Also got elite dangerous for 11.99 dollars, never played it wanted to have it a try

Just wondering, do you use psn credit to make US psn purchases or a credit/debit card?

• Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

johnybean wrote: »
    Just wondering, do you use psn credit to make US psn purchases or a credit/debit card?

I ended up just getting psn US credit from press start

I used kinguin to get credit bud

https://www.kinguin.net

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

I use Pcgamesupply.com for my Canadian PSN account. Haven't used my US account in probably 2 years as better exchange rate with Canadian account.

sugarman wrote: »
    I dont bother with the hassle of using other region accounts, but surely a Revolut card works and gives the best rates?

Worth getting a Singapore account anyway, quite a few games only getting English language releases in the SEA region such as DOA Xtreme 3.

Worth getting a Singapore account anyway, quite a few games only getting English language releases in the SEA region such as DOA Xtreme 3.

Is DOA Xtreme 3 the best example you could come up with?

Is DOA Xtreme 3 the best example you could come up with?

Most of the games like that are based on anime or are srpgs such as Gundam Breaker(new one is actually being released here) or Super Robot Wars that don't have a big enough market for a western release or are mired in rights issues, I decided to use DOA as the example as more people would know about it due to the controversy surrounding it.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭NikoTopps

Heard from BGN\HMV that both are permanently shut down because

«both are done permanently Nikolai. Unfortunately they have come to the end of the road due to cyber fraud attacks on the websites»

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

See The Order is down to €9.99 from €59.99 on the PSN store. It was overpriced at €60. Never played it but tempted now it's a tenner.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    See The Order is down to €9.99 from €59.99 on the PSN store. It was overpriced at €60. Never played it but tempted now it's a tenner.

For a game that had so much promise, it is an absolute snooze fest. It's short if that helps.

Paid 12.99 for it last year, decent enough for that price.

gimli2112 wrote: »

Maybe keep an eye on the us store, I got this for 4 dollars last year

• Advertisement

buygamecredit doing half price on 20 euro top ups, just used up my credit

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement