Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Danick wrote: »
    Great thanks - I had no idea if it had the original or not.

It's relatively short compared to the main game, but fun as hell, especially if you have the Aim controller.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭Rdwrer

Some great deals in Argos today:

Uncharted: Lost Legacy - €17.99
    Horizon Zero Dawn - €17.99
    Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition - €34.99

...and many more

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

...and many more

Just to add to the greatness of this;

You can buy HZD for €18 as you said. Then, assuming it holds its trade-in value once you finish it, you can get €18 cash for it in CEX.

One of the best games of last year for nothing. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23 jaydrum22

How do you cancel a smyths in store pre order..i imagine i can just not go pick up the game but they did take my card details..figured out i can get god of war cheaper from us store.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Another 20% off voucher for US and Canadian PSN that expires end of April, can’t be used on preorders
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/87cufw/20_off_one_transaction_at_playstation_store_until/?st=JF8VNW6S&sh=b251dd9c

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Another 20% off voucher for US and Canadian PSN that expires end of April, can’t be used on preorders
    https://www.reddit.com/r/PS4/comments/87cufw/20_off_one_transaction_at_playstation_store_until/?st=JF8VNW6S&sh=b251dd9c

Just got Far Cry 5 and KC Deliverance for €81 combined with this. Very good bargain.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

jaydrum22 wrote: »
    How do you cancel a smyths in store pre order..i imagine i can just not go pick up the game but they did take my card details..figured out i can get god of war cheaper from us store.

Ring them and tell them to cancel it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

...and many more

Shame no store has HZD standard the last week!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

martyos121 wrote: »
    Just got Far Cry 5 and KC Deliverance for €81 combined with this. Very good bargain.

Yeah I'm tempted to use it for God of War. I'll have to wait until it's released to use the code but i could get the standard edition for €40 or the digital deluxe edition for €45

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Given the demise of Buygamecredit, where's now the best place to buy PS+ membership? Had a bit of a look around, and didn't find anything that looked particularly inviting!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Star Lord wrote: »
    Given the demise of Buygamecredit, where's now the best place to buy PS+ membership? Had a bit of a look around, and didn't find anything that looked particularly inviting!

[url]Http://www.press-start.com[/url]

They don't always have stock, but they are usually the cheapest.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 55 euro when preordering with Smyths. Will be 60 euro on launch and I'm guessing will be a very sought after game.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4/p/155755

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

[url]Http://www.press-start.com[/url]

They don't always have stock, but they are usually the cheapest.

Ah, see they used to be (Or merged with) "Instant-gaming.com", used them in the distant past alright! Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Starting tomorrow, PS VR is being reduced from 400 to 300

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/978910160067416065?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

WarpAsylum wrote: »
    May have been posted already but...

E5 off God of War in Smyths with pre-order making it E50

can you cancel this if the reviews are horrible?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Starting tomorrow, PS VR is being reduced from 400 to 300

https://twitter.com/PlayStationEU/status/978910160067416065?s=19

Wipeout VR looks amazing so worth it for that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28,128 ✭✭✭✭Mossy Monk

How well does VR work with the regular PS4?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Cod ww2 32 pounds. On Amazon

Mossy Monk wrote: »
    How well does VR work with the regular PS4?

Great! I have an OG slim, and never get slowdown.

Only benefit of Pro is slightly sharper graphics and maybe more detail, but VR isn't about graphics, all about immersion, so graphics quickly become a secondary concern.

Get a load of this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=458VcAK25Vk

Free dlc for Wipeout...bargain of the year so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Move controllers not included.
    I would like to try it but don't think it's worth it for something that will be barely used.

May look into it to see if it does the mode where can just use it as a big screen for non VR games and movies. And if can use on pc

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Move controllers not included.
    I would like to try it but don't think it's worth it for something that will be barely used.

May look into it to see if it does the mode where can just use it as a big screen for non VR games and movies. And if can use on pc

It does the big screen mode by default (in the PS menu/non VR games). I haven't watched a film on it yet, but I've read that 3D Blu Rays look amazing on PSVR. Afaik you can use it with a pc, haven't tried myself.

Picked up Wipeout Omega in Argos today, they have it for €17.99 atm, the VR add on is free and looks savage, can't wait to try it out later.

My ps4s hdmi connection cropped out and fell inside the console. Anyone know of anywhere to get it replaced/fixed or the cheapest place to get a new console :(

My ps4s hdmi connection crapped out and fell inside the console. Anyone know of anywhere to get it replaced/fixed or the cheapest place to get a new console 

• Registered Users Posts: 1,457 ✭✭✭Danick

TacoMan wrote: »
    It does the big screen mode by default (in the PS menu/non VR games). I haven't watched a film on it yet, but I've read that 3D Blu Rays look amazing on PSVR. Afaik you can use it with a pc, haven't tried myself.

Picked up Wipeout Omega in Argos today, they have it for €17.99 atm, the VR add on is free and looks savage, can't wait to try it out later.

How did you get on with Wipeout? Was the VR download free? Thinking of picking it up just for the VR experience - thanks

Its pretty amazing

• Registered Users Posts: 951 ✭✭✭TacoMan

Danick wrote: »
    How did you get on with Wipeout? Was the VR download free? Thinking of picking it up just for the VR experience - thanks

Wipeout is the best thing I've played on VR, nothing else even comes close. Yeah the VR download is free once you have the main game (it's about 5-6GB file).

It's epic stuff, but if you suffer from motion sickness be careful, it can get pretty insane at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

My ps4s hdmi connection crapped out and fell inside the console. Anyone know of anywhere to get it replaced/fixed or the cheapest place to get a new console 

Sony will for €150.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Picked up TLOU in Argos for €17.99 today and instantly traded it in (+19.99) for Far Cry 5 in Gamestop.

€38 for a €69.99 game. CEX are offering 40 cash for it too so no harm done if I end up not liking it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Good old Gamestop. Went into the Dundrum shop yesterday and had a quick browse of the pre-owned games section which is practically at the front door of the shop. I spotted a pre-owned Assassins Creed Origins for €59.99 and a pre-owned Deus Ex Mankind Divided for €17.99. I left the shop shaking my head.

I know it's totally off topic here but I am wondering how are they still in business charging those prices!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement