Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yeah I'm amazed at the prices you can get trading in 2nd hand games. I always go to Gamestop over Cex now when trading in anything.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,571 ✭✭✭0byme75341jo28

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yeah I'm amazed at the prices you can get trading in 2nd hand games. I always go to Gamestop over Cex now when trading in anything.

Got €45 in GameStop for FIFA 18 a few weeks ago, I think CEX were offering €21...

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I got Horizon in Gamestop for 20, will trade it in at the weekend for 18 cash off cex. Definitely worth 2 quid for a week

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    I got Horizon in Gamestop for 20, will trade it in at the weekend for 18 cash off cex. Definitely worth 2 quid for a week

Definitely worth €20 to hold on to!

• Registered Users Posts: 44 Troula

Picked up TLOU in Argos for €17.99 today and instantly traded it in (+19.99) for Far Cry 5 in Gamestop.

€38 for a €69.99 game. CEX are offering 40 cash for it too so no harm done if I end up not liking it.

Which Argos did you get TLOU from?
    I just saw this today and I checked in all the Dublin and surrounding areas Argos to reserve it but is not available in any of them. :(
    Gamestop though has it for 19.99, so I might go for that instead, since I still haven't played it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,069 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Troula wrote: »
    Which Argos did you get TLOU from?
    I just saw this today and I checked in all the Dublin and surrounding areas Argos to reserve it but is not available in any of them. :(
    Gamestop though has it for 19.99, so I might go for that instead, since I still haven't played it.

Dundalk. Was the last copy there. Pure chance that I even came across it

Definitely worth playing and 19.99 is still a decent price

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

van_beano wrote: »
    Good old Gamestop. Went into the Dundrum shop yesterday and had a quick browse of the pre-owned games section which is practically at the front door of the shop. I spotted a pre-owned Assassins Creed Origins for €59.99 and a pre-owned Deus Ex Mankind Divided for €17.99. I left the shop shaking my head.

I know it's totally off topic here but I am wondering how are they still in business charging those prices!

That's nothing compared to me buying a new copy of Wipeout Omega Collection online only to receive a pre-owned copy in store on collection!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Highly recommend:
    Life is Strange - 3.40
    NBA Live 18 - 8

I have been mad to play This is the police but felt 20 seemed a bit much. Will definitely give it a go for 4 euro!

Just played about 20 minutes of This is The Police and already got my 4 quids worth, it's a great laugh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Just played about 20 minutes of This is The Police and already got my 4 quids worth, it's a great laugh.

I had one play through that ended short.
    I tried to be good cop and not deal with the mafia at all (or whoever they were)
    Wasn't long before they killed me. :pac:
    I'll have another go at it sometime again.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Love the Flashback / Another World style visuals.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Divinity Original Sin good on consoles?
    I know its highly rated on PC but what is the console port like?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Have it for the Switch. Worth a play through?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,035 ✭✭✭✭J Mysterio

Red Dead Redemption 2 - 55 euro when preordering with Smyths. Will be 60 euro on launch and I'm guessing will be a very sought after game.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/new-games-coming-soon/coming-soon-playstation-4/red-dead-redemption-2-ps4/p/155755

Oh, so excited for this. I think this is one game where I might consider taking a few days off work just to play it.

Absolutely! I'm loving it, crazy **** happening. I already care more about my little cops (most anyway) than characters in recent AAA games I've played like far cry and horizon. I keep meaning to turn it off and play something else but it keeps turning into 1 more day.

A useless fecker called me, said he broke his bathroom window and thought he might stay home to avoid bad luck. Get your ass in here you lazy bollox.....BOOM.... Shot and killed responding to a call that day. Was the first cop I lost. I then buried the paper work to delay his funeral, keeping his body in the morgue so I could claim his next week's wages :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Absolutely! I'm loving it, crazy **** happening. I already care more about my little cops (most anyway) than characters in recent AAA games I've played like far cry and horizon. I keep meaning to turn it off and play something else but it keeps turning into 1 more day.

A useless fecker called me, said he broke his bathroom window and thought he might stay home to avoid bad luck. Get your ass in here you lazy bollox.....BOOM.... Shot and killed responding to a call that day. Was the first cop I lost. I then buried the paper work to delay his funeral, keeping his body in the morgue so I could claim his next week's wages :pac:

Lol that sounds, amazing!!! I'll fire it up tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Black Ops 3 - Zombie Chronicles on the sale page is not the bundle edition, it's just DLC. Don't be like me and end up 25 euro out of pocket.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,335 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Nier is £23.99 on Amazon at the moment, haven't seen it cheaper https://www.amazon.co.uk/s/ref=nb_sb_noss_2?url=search-alias%3Dvideogames&field-keywords=nier

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

I can view the deals on psprices but when you hit the link to go the the store the discounts aren't showing, they're also still showing as full price when viewed from the playstation. I've even tried adding to cart and starting checkout but still no discounts applied.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

Not a regular bargain, but I got an email there saying that if you sign up for Spotify Premium via the PS4 app, you get 10% off. Not much but if you normally subscribe, you may as well get the savings.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Vojera wrote: »
    Not a regular bargain, but I got an email there saying that if you sign up for Spotify Premium via the PS4 app, you get 10% off. Not much but if you normally subscribe, you may as well get the savings.

That is only for ps+ subscribers. I'd say being on Vodafone with the free Spotify on their bill pay plans would probably work out better for most though. Pity Vodafone are so stingy with data though as their coverage is so much better than Eir and Three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

That is only for ps+ subscribers. I'd say being on Vodafone with the free Spotify on their bill pay plans would probably work out better for most though. Pity Vodafone are so stingy with data though as their coverage is so much better than Eir and Three.
    Good to know. Hoping to change to Vodafone when my current contract is up. Fingers crossed their plans will have improved by then!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

dudeeile wrote: »
    I can view the deals on psprices but when you hit the link to go the the store the discounts aren't showing, they're also still showing as full price when viewed from the playstation. I've even tried adding to cart and starting checkout but still no discounts applied.

I think it was a flash sale. Noticed VR titles are back up too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Posting this here for anyone thats interested in the Gamestop PS Pro God of War upgrade offer.

Everything is in the post below and I hope mods dont mind but not everyone will be watching the PS PRO thread.

Its insanely good value for anyone who has a pro and wants to get the SE one and intends to get the games on release date.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106712489&postcount=1554

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

amadablam wrote: »
    Posting this here for anyone thats interested in the Gamestop PS Pro God of War upgrade offer.

Everything is in the post below and I hope mods dont mind but not everyone will be watching the PS PRO thread.

Its insanely good value for anyone who has a pro and wants to get the SE one and intends to get the games on release date.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=106712489&postcount=1554

Thats crazy, saw the offer in the email but only mentioned that the pro bundle would be "better than half price" with the trade.

Thats crazy, saw the offer in the email but only mentioned that the pro bundle would be "better than half price" with the trade.

Even just for a new warranty and the game, its a no brainer to get rid of a few 'coasters' and get a fresh console for pretty much nothing.

I had a good bit of credit from that insane game trade offer a few weeks ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Even just for a new warranty and the game, its a no brainer to get rid of a few 'coasters' and get a fresh console for pretty much nothing.

I had a good bit of credit from that insane game trade offer a few weeks ago.

GS in Waterford wanted a €50 deposit from me, that was my pub money for that night, so the pub got priority, I have a Pro :p

GS in Waterford wanted a €50 deposit from me, that was my pub money for that night, so the pub got priority, I have a Pro :p

They must have been building a kitty for their own pub money in Waterford that night :D as it was only €10 for the deposit Limerick. :o the price of a pint is probably cheaper here :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

They must have been building a kitty for their own pub money in Waterford that night :D as it was only €10 for the deposit Limerick. :o the price of a pint is probably cheaper here :D:D

I'm looking at reviews of the game and it's one of the best games... EVA... According to reviewers. I just phoned gs Waterford again and they still want €50 deposit. I'll head in later.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement