Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,885 ✭✭✭DuckSlice

Looks like argos stocks are very low.... Hope I get lucky on Tuesday when I get paid.
    I really want a white one and that €329 with no game offer looks a winner.

Yea stock is low alright, I got lucky in castlebar last one left. Galway seemed to have loads though last time I checked!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

etxp wrote: »
    Yea stock is low alright, I got lucky in castlebar last one left. Galway seemed to have loads though last time I checked!

Id look sweet telling the wife I'm going across the country for a Playstation ... She'd have me locked up. Ha
    Hopefully a bit of stock will arrive a bit closer on Monday and I can reserve one for Tuesday.

Id look sweet telling the wife I'm going across the country for a Playstation ... She'd have me locked up. Ha
    Hopefully a bit of stock will arrive a bit closer on Monday and I can reserve one for Tuesday.

Motorway all the way ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Just tell her you're meeting the mistress, some women would probably accept that more than saying you're on the road for a console!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,575 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wonder will I ever be able to get stock in argos.

I've got 275 euro worth of one4all vouchers that i got at christmas and have been trying to buy one since stephen's day :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

have you tried the argos reservations request thread in BA?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

wonder will I ever be able to get stock in argos.

I've got 275 euro worth of one4all vouchers that i got at christmas and have been trying to buy one since stephen's day :(

I got 45 quid in vouchers from work and only managed to find one shop so far to take them (easons)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Think xtravision take them too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you can check online where they're accepted. have vouchers myself but no where has stock of anything decent.

sorry should have mentioned i'm looking to buy an actual console with the vouchers so Argos is my best bet as I'll be about to pick up one with the current deal for 80 euro :pac:.

xtravision/hmv sites are a load of horse ****e, no prices for the actual consoles, even one link 404's :rolleyes:

*edit* a night of refreshing checkargos has paid off, just reserved one in Tallaght. There was two as of five minutes ago 22:15

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 rreiter

Hey guys how's it going? I was wondering if yous know anywhere with the best deal/bundle to grab a ps4? I know everyone is after a reservation code for Argos with the ps4 priced at 329, it seems like an insane deal! It just seems to be all sold out! I rang Argos and apparently they won't be getting new stock until the 21st of January in Jervis branch anyway! Has anyone got a code for somewhere in Dublin? I've tried the reservation code thread! If you do, you'd be making a kid so happy! Cheers lads

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Amazon have the black one with little big planet 3 for €355 delivered, or the White one with Driveclub for the same price.

Sony PS4 Console (Black) by sony http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_qS9Pub1APVXCR

Sony PS4 Console (White) by Sony http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O1YMN5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_KS9Pub18VM19M

CombatCow wrote: »
    Amazon have the black one with little big planet 3 for €355 delivered, or the White one with Driveclub for the same price.

Sony PS4 Console (Black) by sony http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00BE4HOIM/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_qS9Pub1APVXCR

Sony PS4 Console (White) by Sony http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00O1YMN5Q/ref=cm_sw_r_udp_awd_KS9Pub18VM19M

Whats the delivery time likely to be on that? Anyone an idea?

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I ordered two games on the 16th December from Amazon and still don't have them. Projected delivery date was the 25th.

Now I know they couldn't be delivered Xmas day but there was post a few days last week and no sign of them. I emailed them today and they are giving me a refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Lemlin wrote:
    Now I know they couldn't be delivered Xmas day but there was post a few days last week and no sign of them. I emailed them today and they are giving me a refund.

I'd bet they still turn up

sweetie wrote: »
    I'd bet they still turn up

Am hoping they will. They were two games for my son - Lego Marvel Superheroes and Rayman Legends. I got the two of them for £38 and both are now £25 each on Amazon.

I had to go and buy him a preplayed copy of Knack for €20 in Gamestop. It's a crap game but he's only five so he loves it!

On a whim decided to check stock in argos a few times today... Nothing suitable at lunchtime or dinner time ... But checked at 9pm and there was 2 white one available in Jervis Dublin... Phoned reservations and booked it. On hold till Tuesday evening. Nice.
    Somebody else had the same idea as immediately after my call the stock went from 2 to 0.
    Delighted now that I know I wont be disappointed on Tuesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 rreiter

On a whim decided to check stock in argos a few times today... Nothing suitable at lunchtime or dinner time ... But checked at 9pm and there was 2 white one available in Jervis Dublin... Phoned reservations and booked it. On hold till Tuesday evening. Nice.
    Somebody else had the same idea as immediately after my call the stock went from 2 to 0.
    Delighted now that I know I wont be disappointed on Tuesday.

Lucky dude! Happy for you (and a bit jealous hahah)!

Hey lads just wanted to let yous know I just got two working codes for Monaghan if anyone is interested just PM me! Both white ones.

Now I just need to know where the cheapest place is for FIFA 15 .... Anyone any ideas?

Also looking for deals on assassins creed black flag and unity
    GTAV
    Last of Us

Thanks in advance

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FlagNorFail

Hey guys, been following the Argos threads in BA about the PS4 console offer. Checked Argos earlier and the price is gone up to €379.99 on the website this morning!

• Advertisement

Hey guys, been following the Argos threads in BA about the PS4 console offer. Checked Argos earlier and the price is gone up to €379.99 on the website this morning!

Arrrrrrgh....
    And reservations line specifically said, you pay the price in store that it is advertised on the day of purchase, not the day of reservation.
    €50 is a kick in the stones. Still a decent price though I suppose.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 FlagNorFail

Arrrrrrgh....
    And reservations line specifically said, you pay the price in store that it is advertised on the day of purchase, not the day of reservation.
    €50 is a kick in the stones. Still a decent price though I suppose.

Why bother letting people reserve at a certain price the night before it changes.. I'm still going to chance it, seeing as there was only hours in the difference between my reservation and the price hike! Failing that, Amazon deal isn't looking too shabby now.

So glad I picked mine up yesterday at the €329 price. Is there very little price difference in PS+? Like am I just as well to buy it through the PS Store than look around for bargains?

Why bother letting people reserve at a certain price the night before it changes.. I'm still going to chance it, seeing as there was only hours in the difference between my reservation and the price hike! Failing that, Amazon deal isn't looking too shabby now.

Yeah I'm very tempted to pull the trigger on that Amazon offer instead.

Just checked Argos... Not a complete write off... Use the same reservation and get the PS4 and last of us, mine craft and little big Planet for 399
    I can deal with that... Was looking for last of us anyway

Just checked Argos... Not a complete write off... Use the same reservation and get the PS4 and last of us, mine craft and little big Planet for 399
    I can deal with that... Was looking for last of us anyway

You will probably get decent price on trade in for LBP 3 aswell

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

So glad I picked mine up yesterday at the €329 price. Is there very little price difference in PS+? Like am I just as well to buy it through the PS Store than look around for bargains?

No, there's no bargains to be had on irish ps+ unfortunately.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

I remember someone posting that they used one of those €10 aldi vouchers you often get in the sindo in tesco to get a ps+ sub, saving €10 on the price...dunno if it can still be done as i'm 99% sure its against tescos T&C's with regards to vouchers.

• Registered Users Posts: 140 ✭✭AGoodison

When I worked in Argos we would honour the reservation price unless it was a clear system error. Which the ps4 price isn't.

• Advertisement

I remember someone posting that they used one of those €10 aldi vouchers you often get in the sindo in tesco to get a ps+ sub, saving €10 on the price...dunno if it can still be done as i'm 99% sure its against tescos T&C's with regards to vouchers.

Those Aldi vouchers are all out of date now.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement