Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

How much did you pay if you mind my asking and where ?

Looking for a good pro deal and GameStop are doing pro and God of war for 400 ?

Still yet to look in other places

They are doing the standard Pro with GoW for €400 or the LE GoW Pro Console bundle for €470.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

Thanks lads, that clears it up !

I doubt there's any performance difference between those two consoles ? Bar the console colour ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thanks lads, that clears it up !

I doubt there's any performance difference between those two consoles ? Bar the console colour ?

No difference what so ever other than the aesthetics :)

amadablam wrote: »
    No difference what so ever other than the aesthetics :)

I may give that one a miss so ! 400 for the console and game is alright

I'm not exactly a god of war fan so I might see can they swap it out with something else for me or trade in etc.

I may give that one a miss so ! 400 for the console and game is alright

I'm not exactly a god of war fan so I might see can they swap it out with something else for me or trade in etc.

I think they said they are giving €50 trade on the God of War game but im not sure if thats store credit or cash,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Dual post,

I got my GOW Pro setup. I have to say, it looks a bit tacky. It's nowhere near the quality look and effort that the Darth Vader console was. The game included is just the day one version with a few extra shields and a dynamic theme. I honestly thought that the game would at least be the deluxe version of the game.

Meh.

amadablam wrote: »
    I think they said they are giving €50 trade on the God of War game but im not sure if thats store credit or cash,

Either way it's a different game for me
    Thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Right so Smyths had Just Cause for €5, used that on got GOW for €20, will be returning the other one to Smyths for my €55. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Right so Smyths had Just Cause for €5, used that on got GOW for €20, will be returning the other one to Smyths for my €55. Thanks.

where did you find it for 5?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

where did you find it for 5?

Smyths,says it in the post. Probably second hand and not the gold edition thats on their website for €25.

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    Smyths,says it in the post. Probably second hand and not the gold edition thats on their website for €25.

I meant what smyths? As I'd been to some and they didn't have it

I meant what smyths? As I'd been to some and they didn't have it

Carrickmines had a few copies of the Gold Edition earlier.

EoinHef wrote: »

ToolStop accepted the standard edition of JC3.

Which smyths had the 5e standard edition in stock?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    God of War €55 in Smyths, €70 in ToolStop, how are they still open.

toolstop?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

s8n wrote: »
    toolstop?

They are a hardware shop, hammers, nails etc. Must be selling games now as well.

https://www.toolstop.co.uk

Edit: adding bargain. Overwatch GOTY edition is 23 in Argos.

Thanks !

Let us know how you get on :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Thanks !

I have you chiling in the fridge at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Murderer

• Advertisement

s8n wrote: »
    toolstop?

Sorry, old habits, GameStop, they always hire nothing but till tools.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Bit of a request rather than a bargain, apologies for that but where might be the best place to trade in my standard PS4 for a PS4 pro?

Bit of a request rather than a bargain, apologies for that but where might be the best place to trade in my standard PS4 for a PS4 pro?

If you are trading one against the other, you don't have much choice really other than Gamestop.

CEX will take your one against a second hand ps Pro and charge you a fortune in the process.

GameStop are doing a deal atm, €235 for the GoW PS4 Pro when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

GameStop are doing a deal atm, €235 for the GoW PS4 Pro when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games.

Is that a good deal? Ehhhhhh.... asking for a friend..

Peatys wrote: »
    Is that a good deal? Ehhhhhh.... asking for a friend..

Cost of the GoW PS4 Pro is €470. Normal trade value of a 500GB PS4 is €135 iirc in GameStop, so adding any two games boosts the trade value by €100.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,881 ✭✭✭Peatys

Cost of the GoW PS4 Pro is €470. Normal trade value of a 500GB PS4 is €135 iirc in GameStop, so adding any two games boosts the trade value by €100.

Cool, cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I'm assuming one generally formats their ps4 before selling, or is that done at GameStop?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,788 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

mrcheez wrote: »
    I'm assuming one generally formats their ps4 before selling, or is that done at GameStop?

Yes clear out your account via the settings before you bring it to gamestop.

http://manuals.playstation.net/document/en/ps4/basic/relinquish.html

Also you might want to deactivate the PS4 from your own account
    https://www.playstation.com/en-ie/get-help/help-library/my-account/device-activation-deactivation/how-to-deactivate-a-playstation-4-system/

• Advertisement

Well I did it

GameStop sold me the pro and God of war for 400 euro. Traded it back in straight away for 50 store credit and picked up some other games !

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement