Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Well I did it

GameStop sold me the pro and God of war for 400 euro. Traded it back in straight away for 50 store credit and picked up some other games !

Honestly don't know if you did the right thing there. It's one of the best games I've played in many years.

fixxxer wrote: »
    Honestly don't know if you did the right thing there. It's one of the best games I've played in many years.

That and it's a game that would show off the investment in a pro to full effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

It was just the game that I have very little interest in. Just not the type of game I would play.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

It was just the game that I have very little interest in. Just not the type of game I would play.

It’s quite different from the previous games. More like an amalgamation of Uncharted, The Last of Us and The Witcher now IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It’s quite different from the previous games. More like an amalgamation of Uncharted, The Last of Us and The Witcher now IMO.

I'd disagree, it'd say its a mix or Horizon's visuals with Bloodborne and Hellblades controls. It's good but def not 10/10 best game ever, I'm already stating to get a little fed up with the mindless wandering in the boat and combat room layout.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

If anyone was thinking of ordering from Gameseek I would give them a skip if I were you.

I ordered something on the 3rd of April, they said it shipped on the 10th when I contacted them by email, checked out as a guest so couldn't see the order history.

It only arrived today 20 days later from the UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 997 ✭✭✭Peppa Cig

Bit of a request rather than a bargain, apologies for that but where might be the best place to trade in my standard PS4 for a PS4 pro?

GameStop are doing a deal atm, €235 for the GoW PS4 Pro when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games.
    Bit of a request rather than a bargain, apologies for that but where might be the best place to trade in my standard PS4 for a PS4 pro?

GameStop are doing a deal atm, €235 for the GoW PS4 Pro when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games.

Seems like a good deal except you have to live with nasty (IMO) Gow graphics on your console/controller.

Anyone know best trade in deal with PS4 plus games...?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'd disagree, it'd say its a mix or Horizon's visuals with Bloodborne and Hellblades controls. It's good but def not 10/10 best game ever, I'm already stating to get a little fed up with the mindless wandering in the boat and combat room layout.

I've never played those games but for me the platforming and puzzling are straight out of Uncharted, the father son relationship has a lot of similarities to Joel and Ellie, and the graphic fantasy style and soundtrack remind me of The Witcher 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

You get a normal pro plus god of war for 400. Think they give 150 for launch ps4 .

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Credit to CastorTroy for originally posting this in the megathread, great deal here on HumbleBundle:

SEGA/Capcom Humble Bundle. US Account required

https://www.humblebundle.com/games/capcom-sega-psn?hmb_source=humble_home&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=mosaic_section_1_layout_index_1_layout_type_twos_tile_index_2

PWYW
    Dead Rising 1 (PS4)
    Dustforce (Vita)
    Crazy Taxi (PS3)
    Super Monkey Ball: Bananna Splitz (Vita)

Beat the Average
    Resident Evil 1 (PS4)
    Mega Man Legacy Collection (PS4)
    Resident Evil: Code Veronica X (PS4)
    Sonic Generations (PS3)
    Binary Domain (PS3)
    Alien Isolation (PS4)

You’ll also get the following coupons:

Resident Evil 7 Gold Edition (PlayStation 4) – 40% Off
    Dead Rising 4 Frank’s Big Package (PlayStation 4) – 50% Off
    Valkyria Revolution (PlayStation 4) – 40% Off
    Yakuza 0 (PlayStation 4) – 50% Off

$15 or more
    Dead Rising 2 (PS4)
    Valkyria Chronicles Remastered (PS4)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 29,137 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, thought I had posted in this thread. Must've had both open. :)

One thing to add is it's apparently all one key so can't give away games you already own

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Golden Week sale live on US psn store. Basically Japanese games on offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Golden Week sale live on US psn store. Basically Japanese games on offer.

Ah that makes me think of Persona and Social links :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Just picked up these 3 as there's only one more day left on the double discounts sale on the Irish store:

Valentino Rossi (Moto GP) Full Game €9.99
    Ride 2 €13.99
    No man's Sky €11.99 (hoping the next big update coming brings PSVR support after the hex code in the picture Sean Murray's phone he posted on twitter translated into Morpheus which was the project name for PSVR)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Anyone else finding the store painfully slow tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

There's a massive sale that's just started on UK PSN (I'm guessing it'll be the same on the Irish store, the PSPrices site just hasn't updated all of that region yet).

https://psprices.com/region-gb/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date
    https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1407521/valkyria-revolution

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

This game does not go down in price too often I think so luckily I had an email notice for it!

Yakuza 0 - https://psprices.com/region-ie/game/1185729/yakuza-zero

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

rejkin wrote: »
    This game does not go down in price too often I think so luckily I had an email notice for it!

And Kiwami is also down to €13.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

New trade in offer on games in Gamestop.

You purchase an item and get a paper bag with a bar code and then you come back with your games in the bag that you need to trade in and you get a boost of 20%

I was trading a game at €48.50 credit and purchased FiFA16 for €1, threw both games into the bag and got €58.63 back in credit.

Not amazing but just something to be aware of.

I think it could be in replacement of the stamp cards which ended today.

Going to be a double post on XB thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

rejkin wrote: »

Haven't played the series before but is it worth picking up? Or would it be better to try Kiwami first?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

amadablam wrote: »
    Haven't played the series before but is it worth picking up? Or would it be better to try Kiwami first?

I've asked the same questions myself and the general consensus is play 0 first since it is a prequel to Yakuza 1 and Kiwami is a remake of Yakuza 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Play 0 first as it's a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

I'm on a Kiwami playthrough at the minute and I wish i played 0 first.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Mad max is free for + members.

I've played it for about 3 hours and I feckin love it.

It's almost like grand theft auto in a post apocalyptic world, the combat feels really chunky and satisfyingly brutal while being easy to pick up, the sounds of the vehicles is immense, it's just a really really fun game.

If you are on the fence I'd highly recommend it, having played it I'd have happily paid €20 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Mad max was always on my radar, so delighted when it was announced for ps plus, although it will have to wait as I'm. Started god of war, wow what a game and I didn't have to pay a penny, wife's brother got it in ps store and I have his account :D

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Jayisplay wrote: »
    Mad max was always on my radar, so delighted when it was announced for ps plus, although it will have to wait as I'm. Started god of war, wow what a game and I didn't have to pay a penny, wife's brother got it in ps store and I have his account :D

make sure you bury his body deep.

all set to get Yakuza and then see Dark Souls 3 has gone under €20. I've been back and forth on it and see no other solution but to get both.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Shadow of the Colossus is down to 25 quid on ps store, fiver cheaper than argos which is the cheapest bricks and mortar place I could find it. Seems like a decent price.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Shadow of the Colossus is down to 25 quid on ps store, fiver cheaper than argos which is the cheapest bricks and mortar place I could find it. Seems like a decent price.

Rather physical, can trade it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭Jayisplay

Think il get a yakuza game, does it matter what order you play them in, if never played one but hear good things about them.

As for physical copies I don't trade in games anymore, I regret getting rid of old consoles and games, would have been great to have a large library of retro games, so I keep them all from now on. Good to have in years to come.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,185 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Been waiting for Yakuza 0, Kiwami or Persona 5 to be on sale and now they all are.

Like buses....

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement