Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,470 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

• Registered Users Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Glico Man wrote: »
    Ha, that game is very rage inducing, but it's all trial and error. If you think you've lost patience now, just wait. If I remember correctly, i think there's a trophy for dying 1000 times. it's a great game to play.

Yeah, Hotline Miami can get f**ked. :D just can’t get the hang of it.

Pro Evo is great, seems so fluid. Can’t wait to get stuck in properly - I’m using all my FIFA muscle memory and it just isn’t working :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Roar wrote: »
    Yeah, Hotline Miami can get f**ked. :D just can’t get the hang of it.

It'd be in my top 10 games off all time. Absolute quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Days of play Sale on hardware and games from 8th to 18th June

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/05/29/days-of-play-returns-with-11-days-of-big-discounts-and-a-new-limited-edition-ps4/
    The discounts throughout the 11 days include:
    • PS4 Days of Play Limited Edition with two wireless controllers €299.99 RRP*
    • PS VR Starter Pack with additional software bundle €249.99 RRP
    • DualShock 4 and Limited Edition DualShock 4 from €39.99 RRP
    • God Of War for €49.99 RRP
    • GT Sport for €19.99 RRP
    • Shadow of the Colossus for €19.99 RRP
    • Uncharted: Lost Legacy for €19.99 RRP
    • Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition for €29.99 RRP
    • Uncharted 4 for €19.99 RRP
    • PS VR games from €19.99 RRP
    And much more

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

This is a stupid question probably but where then can you get the hardware parts of the new sale? Like I want a new joypad at that price but where will be cutting the price? No sign of a sale at any B&M place or Amazon that I can see.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    This is a stupid question probably but where then can you get the hardware parts of the new sale? Like I want a new joypad at that price but where will be cutting the price? No sign of a sale at any B&M place or Amazon that I can see.

The sale hasn’t started yet but I know you can preorder the limited edition PS4 slim on smyths

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

For anyone wondering about which game to get with the PS VR bundle, I'll just say that Wipeout Omega is one of the best games available for any VR system. It even looks class, with no foveated rendering that I could see.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

For anyone wondering about which game to get with the PS VR bundle, I'll just say that Wipeout Omega is one of the best games available for any VR system. It even looks class, with no foveated rendering that I could see.

...and RE7, Superhot, Sprint Vector, To the Top, Skyrim, Farpoint, Moss, Apex Construct, ...

List is endless, brings you to a whole new level of backlogness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Battlefield 1 is a crazy price for all that content.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

Hi.

I'm considering buying a PS4 but I'm not in a huge rush.

Are there any bundles worth getting now or should I wait for more 'bargains' closer to Christmas?

I'd be interested in 3rd person (not necessarily RPG but I've always liked the final fantasy series) and racing games and to a lesser degree 1st person shooters (I mainly play PC so I get frustrated with 1st person shooters).

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Caliden wrote: »
    Hi.

Are there any bundles worth getting now or should I wait for more 'bargains' closer to Christmas?

I'd be interested in 3rd person (not necessarily RPG but I've always liked the final fantasy series) and racing games and to a lesser degree 1st person shooters (I mainly play PC so I get frustrated with 1st person shooters).

I always like questions like this as I get to recommend The Last of Us.......every time. Unfortunately I'm not on any commission. Uncharted collection would be good value. Although if you already have these on previous consoles it's not as important although I'd still pick up TLOU remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,811 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Absolutely have to recommend God of War now at this stage too. The RPG elements are quite minor in the game so it's more action/adventure.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

God of War, The Witcher 3, Overwatch. You need nothing else :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,567 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

Witcher 3 GOTY and you're covered for a long, long time

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Hi.

Wait for June 8th, Sony are doing 11 days of PlayStation deals including a console exclusive for this event which includes 2 controllers at no additional cost. Smyths currently have it available for preorder.

https://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-and-tablets/playstation-4/playstation-4-consoles/ps4-500gb-limited-edition-console/p/167858

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

And GTAV too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Witcher 3, Horizon Zero Dawn and Wipeout Collection.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    I always like questions like this as I get to recommend The Last of Us.......every time. Unfortunately I'm not on any commission. Uncharted collection would be good value. Although if you already have these on previous consoles it's not as important although I'd still pick up TLOU remastered and Horizon Zero Dawn.

Always wanted to play TLOU since I saw it for PS3 and I haven't had a console since a PS2.

Some good recommendations there and some were definitely on my radar.

RE: the days of play console with 2 controllers, is this good value or should I wait for a console + game bundle at xmas or is there any point in that?

Always wanted to play TLOU since I saw it for PS3 and I haven't had a console since a PS2.

Some good recommendations there and some were definitely on my radar.

RE: the days of play console with 2 controllers, is this good value or should I wait for a console + game bundle at xmas or is there any point in that?

It is good value atm, you could sell the second pad for about €50 if not needed. Sony do Christmas bundles around the €350 mark that are usually pretty good, usually includes 2-3 Sony published games.

• Advertisement

Grand. Might go for this Days of Play console so as it looks pretty cool and pick up a few games to keep me going.

Thanks all for the recommendations!

edit: picked up TLOU, Witcher 3 and Uncharted 1-3. Going to get Horizon Zero Dawn and God of War during the upcoming sale. That should keep me going through the winter months.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

Hi.

Definitely buy now. Loads of cheap good games. Dirt Rally is one of the best racing games I played. I got Project Cars for something like 5 euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Where is the full list of games on sale?

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Where is the full list of games on sale?
    The list won't be revealed until release or a few days before

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Grand. Might go for this Days of Play console so as it looks pretty cool and pick up a few games to keep me going.

Thanks all for the recommendations!
    it's never too late for recommendations. I bought the console last Christmas and the backlog is getting REALLY big (last console I had was ps2 too) and if you don't get a game at bargain price at the moment, eventually It'll get cheaper either on PS store, CeX or wherever you might find a deal.

Yakuza 6 is currently £30 on Game Collection.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-ps4/

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Yakuza 6 is currently £30 on Game Collection.

https://www.thegamecollection.net/yakuza-6-the-song-of-life-ps4/

Absolutely worth it, I loved it and had only played Yakuza 0 and 1 before it so don't let the games in between put you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

That new console should be 1gb imo. Looks good

CptMackey wrote: »
    That new console should be 1gb imo. Looks good

Don't think the OS would even fit on 1GB of storage :p.

Storage is cheap anyway, a 2TB sshd costs about €100.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,788 ✭✭✭CptMackey

Don't think the OS would even fit on 1GB of storage :p.

Storage is cheap anyway, a 2TB sshd costs about €100.

Woops 1Tb is right. Lol

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement