Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,099 ✭✭✭bazzz

NikoTopps wrote: »
    Any deal on PSNow? I not see any

It's there on the main page of the Days Of Play

PLAYSTATION NOW SPECIAL OFFER
    Save 30% on a 12-month subscription

Pick up a 12 month membership to PlayStation Now for the special low price of just £59.99 – available all throughout the Days of Play Sale.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Just got GT Sport for a tenner, can't go wrong for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

SMC92Ian wrote: »

You can't. New content is always been added too.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Been a long time since I had PlayStation plus, is 42 for 12 months a good price? Seems like it's only that price for digital so can't get a couple

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

jclack wrote: »
    Been a long time since I had PlayStation plus, is 42 for 12 months a good price? Seems like it's only that price for digital so can't get a couple

Its that price in store atm too as part of the Days of Play promotion.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

It stacks?

It stacks?

It does stack.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Its that price in store atm too as part of the Days of Play promotion.

Someone selling physical cards that don't have to be used straight away?

Someone selling physical cards that don't have to be used straight away?

Code on a receipt, but doesn't need to be redeemed immediately.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Playstation%204/Games/45253/playstation-plus-12-month-membership-digital

• Registered Users Posts: 13,780 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just a warning, I bought an Xbox Gold membership a few years back but held back on using it for about 2 years as I didn't have time for online multiplayer and wanted to wait until they had a Games with Gold that I wanted.

When it came time to use it, it turned out the key had been resold about 2 months earlier and used by someone else.

Bear in mind I bought the key from ElectronicFirst so that's a risk you take with them, but there's a slim chance of similar happening with an unused key regardless of the seller (slimmer chance with GameStop probably... but never know...)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭kensutz

Where is it available for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,446 ✭✭✭recyclops

ive been looking online to take the plunge and pick up a ps4.

can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up a good bundle. Have looked in the regular places but cant seem to sort out amongst it all to find the best deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,649 ✭✭✭Luckycharms_74

recyclops wrote: »
    ive been looking online to take the plunge and pick up a ps4.

can anyone point me in the right direction to pick up a good bundle. Have looked in the regular places but cant seem to sort out amongst it all to find the best deal.

I got the days of play offer in games stop the weekend. its a great deal of €70 with 2 controllers and limited edition console etc.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Days-of-Play

days_of_play_ps4blue_trade_offer.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I got the days of play offer in games stop the weekend. its a great deal of €70 with 2 controllers and limited edition console etc.

https://www.gamestop.ie/Days-of-Play

days_of_play_ps4blue_trade_offer.jpg

Not much good if you don't already have a console to trade in.

That Days of Play console looks pretty gick if I'm being honest.

from what i found this is probably the best deal around at near €285 ( i would prefer console in white tbh)

https://www.game.co.uk/en/500gb-black-playstation-4-with-god-of-war-fallout-4-and-now-tv-2396254#new

cheers for that it was more the god of war that i wanted than fallout

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Call of duty Black ops 3 is free on PSplus

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Call of duty Black ops 3 is free on PSplus

Holy **** it actually is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Was half considering going for a PS4, mainly a PC gamer so this would really only be for the exclusives.

Is it worth going for a Pro or is a slim enough? I do have a 4K TV but it doesn't have HDR.

• Advertisement

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Was half considering going for a PS4, mainly a PC gamer so this would really only be for the exclusives.

Is it worth going for a Pro or is a slim enough? I do have a 4K TV but it doesn't have HDR.

I have a 4k TV that doesn't have HDR and I just use the standard PS4. I was going to get a Pro at some stage in the future but at this stage, I'm not that bothered. I'm happy with the performance of the standard on my TV.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,041 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Without HDR, the upgrades in the Pro in comparison to the standard/slim models wouldn't be enough to justify getting it. I'd stick with the standard or slim in your case.

If you plan on getting a HDR model, then yes but I'd imagine with a 4k model you're happy enough and won't be changing in the foreseeable future.

thanks lads!

If you are buying your first PS4 then I would go with the Pro as many of the features work on non 4K TVs. The improved frame rates and quality boost on a non 4K makes it worth the price and if you do upgrade your TV in the future you won't need to look at a new console.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

If you are buying your first PS4 then I would go with the Pro as many of the features work on non 4K TVs. The improved frame rates and quality boost on a non 4K makes it worth the price and if you do upgrade your TV in the future you won't need to look at a new console.

I'd agree in general, but if it's not going to be his main gaming unit and only used for exclusives, I don't think it's worth going for the Pro, even for future-proofing.

If you plan on getting into PSVR a Pro would be a better investment.

I have a Slim with PSVR, and it works fine, but it's just overall a better experience (sharper visuals / extra detail) on a Pro from what I gather.

mrcheez wrote: »
    If you plan on getting into PSVR a Pro would be a better investment.

I have a Slim with PSVR, and it works fine, but it's just overall a better experience (sharper visuals / extra detail) on a Pro from what I gather.

I have a gaming PC with a gtx1080, and a vive so really only looking for the PS4 exclusives, 'horizons zero dawn', 'god or war', that new 'the last of us', etc.

Barring the fact that the pro supports 4K [or upscaled 4K], is there really much of a different otherwise? To justify the price difference.
    Been awhile since I have had a console, but I assume a game like 'god or war' would still play exactly like the way its meant to play, on any of the playstations flavours?

I have a gaming PC with a gtx1080, and a vive so really only looking for the PS4 exclusives, 'horizons zero dawn', 'god or war', that new 'the last of us', etc.

Barring the fact that the pro supports 4K [or upscaled 4K], is there really much of a different otherwise? To justify the price difference.
    Been awhile since I have had a console, but I assume a game like 'god or war' would still play exactly like the way its meant to play, on any of the playstations flavours?

Yep if you...

- Don't have 4K TV
    - Won't be getting a PSVR

slim is fine and no need to go pro!

btw I have a Rift and PSVR, and it is nice to be able to play the PSVR-exclusives alongside the Oculus/Steam VR games so bear that in mind. PSVR is pretty much on par with PC VR visually-speaking.. just tracking can sometimes be a bit lacking.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

There is a games under €5 sale on the Irish store. Its mainly all digital only and indie games

• Advertisement

Western digital 4TB portable hdd in orange is currently £89.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-WDBYFT0040BOR-WESN-Passport-Portable-PlayStation/dp/B01LQQHBW6/

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement