Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Western digital 4TB portable hdd in orange is currently £89.99 on Amazon.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/WD-WDBYFT0040BOR-WESN-Passport-Portable-PlayStation/dp/B01LQQHBW6/

Or Black for an extra fiver.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 njcarey

This might be old news but just Incase, music magpie has really good prices if you prefer physical copies over digital on their preowned titles, have had three titles delivered totalling 32€ - last of us remastered, FFX/X2 remaster & MGS Groundzero.

Website says they don’t deliver outside Uk but I used the amazon checkout option on the website & had 2 of the titles delivered to Dublin within the week, with a customs sticker declaring them exempt from any charges, might be helpful to someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,273 ✭✭✭Gizmo55

• Registered Users Posts: 14,993 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

njcarey wrote: »
    This might be old news but just Incase, music magpie has really good prices if you prefer physical copies over digital on their preowned titles, have had three titles delivered totalling 32€ - last of us remastered, FFX/X2 remaster & MGS Groundzero.

Website says they don’t deliver outside Uk but I used the amazon checkout option on the website & had 2 of the titles delivered to Dublin within the week, with a customs sticker declaring them exempt from any charges, might be helpful to someone.

They also trade on eBay which is where I've mainly bought from them.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

Ri_Nollaig wrote: »
    Was half considering going for a PS4, mainly a PC gamer so this would really only be for the exclusives.

Is it worth going for a Pro or is a slim enough? I do have a 4K TV but it doesn't have HDR.

I just got the Days of Play special edition yesterday. Basically a PS4 pro but with 500gb HDD and 2 PS4 controllers for 300. No point on paying for the HDD while we can get external drives with high capacity for relativly cheap nowadays.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭martineatworld

I just got the Days of Play special edition yesterday. Basically a PS4 pro but with 500gb HDD and 2 PS4 controllers for 300. No point on paying for the HDD while we can get external drives with high capacity for relativly cheap nowadays.

Its not a Ps4 pro though, it's a normal one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I'm pretty sure it's just a standard PS4…

https://betanews.com/2018/05/29/sony-limited-days-play-ps4/

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 22,360 CMod ✭✭✭✭Dravokivich

I'm pretty sure it's just a standard PS4…

https://betanews.com/2018/05/29/sony-limited-days-play-ps4/

Reading the contents there, seems to be quite different to what I got. You could be looking at a different product for North America.

Mine has HDR and VR Compatable, which are the main additions of the PS4 Pro, no?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,810 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Reading the contents there, seems to be quite different to what I got. You could be looking at a different product for North America.

Mine has HDR and VR Compatable, which are the main additions of the PS4 Pro, no?

No, the PS4 has HDR enabled too, as they were able to do that with a patch rather than hardware. And the standard PS4 is VR compatible, but you get better resolution and more stable framerate on the Pro.

The Pro is better graphics with 4k or can provide a more stable framerate in general, and has a larger HDD as standard. There is no version of the Pro which comes with a 500GB HDD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

HDR and VR Compatible are possible with your standard PS4. The North American Pay for Play console comes with a 1TB hard drive as opposed to the one you got but neither of them are a Pro.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Just checked psprices.com and it looks like there are a few more Addons on sale on Irish PSN store.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Just checked psprices.com and it looks like there are a few more Addons on sale on Irish PSN store.

everything in this sale will last until 18th right?

Won't get a chance to buy anything till the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

10% off at The Game Collection until Monday using the code E3HANGOVER.

mrcheez wrote: »
    everything in this sale will last until 18th right?

Won't get a chance to buy anything till the weekend.
    Yeah sales never end on the weekend. Add on sale ends on the 20th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Lan Di

Yeah sales never end on the weekend. Add on sale ends on the 20th

Has anyone got this deal recently? All those Playlink games are out of stock around Dublin. I wonder would they let you get just the console and GOW for the offer price?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,106 ✭✭✭✭Interested Observer

I bought Battle Chasers:Nightwar on US PSN for $6 the other day and have been putting some time into it.

It's a traditional style turn-based RPG. It's lots of fun to play, systems are modernised a bit from your old FF games for example, it looks really nice for an indie game, and there seems to be plenty of ways to set up your character and strategise. Story seems very thin is the only thing to the point it is barely there. But well worth $6 if you're into those sort of games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

Yakuza Zero €14.99 on PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Yakuza Zero €14.99 on PSN store

Absolute bargain for an epic game.

New sale on PSN now live. List might not be fuly live yet.

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts/?platform=PS4&sort=date&display=table

As mentioned above, Yakuza Zero - 15
    Dirt Rally - 13
    Rise of Tomb Raider - 15

• Advertisement

Zero-Cool wrote: »

Dirt Rally - 13
    Rise of Tomb Raider - 15
    Very unusual having a sale start on a Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Dirt Rally - 13
    Rise of Tomb Raider - 15

woah Dirt Rally full game plus VR add-on for €13.99 ?!?!

Dirt Rally - 13
    Rise of Tomb Raider - 15

More sales now live

Some great deals in there, all Resi games are going well cheap.

More sales now live

Some great deals in there, all Resi games are going well cheap.
    Tempted to pick up Yakuza 0 as it's 75% off but already have plenty in backlog and plan to pick up The Crew 2 next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

Earth Defense Forces 4.1 is a fun shooter for 10 euro.

Shooting at UFOs and giant ants etc.. Real Japanese style craziness.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,039 ✭✭✭Doge

GT Sport + Limited Edition Dualshock 4 controller - Tesco direct closing down sale

€49 Inc postage + Parcel Wizard / Motel / Address Pal

https://www.tesco.com/direct/sony-ps4-official-dualshock-4-controller-gt-sport-edition-with-gt-sport/572-7938.prd?skuId=572-7938

I used parcel Wizards address as my Billing Address and it went through with my Revolut Card, it worked before too I think.

You can only use a UK billing address.

Turtle Beach Stealth 350VR PS4 VR Gaming Headset

https://www.tesco.com/direct/turtle-beach-stealth-350vr-ps4-vr-gaming-headset/296-0842.prd

£30 + postage + PW / PM / Address Pal

Mafia 3 deluxe edition is £7.15 (€8.15) on thegamecollection for the next three hours. Worth it ?

Mafia 3 deluxe edition is £7.15 (€8.15) on thegamecollection for the next three hours. Worth it ?

It is at that price, I only made it half way through before getting bored bit I'll go back to it one day. The dlc really gives it variety so the deluxe version is needed. It didn't help if you were a big fan of Mafia 1 and 2 as it just doesn't live up to those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Definitely worth it at that price just to drive around in game listening to the soundtrack.

You'll get sick executing people the exact same way about 36 times in the game though.

• Advertisement

van_beano wrote: »
    Definitely worth it at that price just to drive around in game listening to the soundtrack.

You'll get sick executing people the exact same way about 36 times in the game though.

Bought it anyway. Worked out at around tenner due to delivering to non Uk address but still good price. Probably won’t end up playing it for a while due to backlog :)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement