Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Bought it anyway. Worked out at around tenner due to delivering to non Uk address but still good price. Probably won’t end up playing it for a while due to backlog :)

Like that I bought Dishonored 2 and Deus Ex Mankind Divided last year when they dropped to super low prices, they’re both still in their plastic. What’s worse is that Deus Ex was giving on PS+ a few months back

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

I haven't actually bought anything in this sale despite temptation, purely because I'm going to get back to chipping away at the backlog.

By the time I've cleared off a few games in a few months, these (or better) prices will rear their heads again and I can decide to buy them then.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Never understood why people buy games because there cheap and just leave them in the wrapping.

That being said I borrowed god of war three and the last of us from my cousin about 2 years ago and still haven't played them

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

Doge wrote: »
    Earth Defense Forces 4.1 is a fun shooter for 10 euro.

Shooting at UFOs and giant ants etc.. Real Japanese style craziness.

Yeah great game and surprisingly tactical on the harder difficulties. It took me aaaaages to get the platinum :).

SeanHarty wrote: »
    Never understood why people buy games because there cheap and just leave them in the wrapping.

That being said I borrowed god of war three and the last of us from my cousin about 2 years ago and still haven't played them

In a lot of ways, buying cheap games has the same sort of endorphin kick as beating a game. In this case you are "winning" by spotting a rare drop on something normally expensive.

This is how it has worked on me in the past for sure. I got more enjoyment out of getting a game cheap than actually getting around to playing it!!

Same for people that buy stuff they don't really need when it appears in Bargain Alerts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

SeanHarty wrote: »

Play The Last of Us.

Drop everything else, and play The Last of Us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Just realized my ps plus is. Due, are all the offers finnished?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,422 ✭✭✭✭duploelabs

Play The Last of Us.

And I think the first two wolfensteins are a fiver each

• Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭chonix

Play The Last of Us.

I'd say the same about "Horizon - Zero Dawn" (if possible with DLC) and "Uncharted 4"

Play The Last of Us.

Here's hoping the cousin doesn't suddenly remember he's missing his copies :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Just realized my ps plus is. Due, are all the offers finnished?

Offers finished yesterday.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Offers finished yesterday.

Typical!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,296 ✭✭✭✭Cienciano

mrcheez wrote: »
    I haven't actually bought anything in this sale despite temptation, purely because I'm going to get back to chipping away at the backlog.

By the time I've cleared off a few games in a few months, these (or better) prices will rear their heads again and I can decide to buy them then.

Same here. Really want God of War and Nier but I've too much stuff to play to justify getting them. Great complaint to have

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Typical!!!!!

Press Start have stock at €48, better than €60 but not as good as the €42 it was yesterday.

https://www.press-start.com/en/1785-buy-key-playstation-playstation-plus-365-days-subscription-ireland/

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Any one seen any good deals on The Divison? Thinking of smashing my way through the first one before the second arrives but its €45 on PSN store.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,587 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

fixxxer wrote: »
    Any one seen any good deals on The Divison? Thinking of smashing my way through the first one before the second arrives but its €45 on PSN store.

CEX is 12 euro

• Registered Users Posts: 6,283 ✭✭✭fixXxer

Kimbot wrote: »
    CEX is 12 euro

Cheers will look there. I assume a season pass is a must have?

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Cex actually down to a tenner which is a great price.

https://ie.webuy.com/product-detail?id=3307215804377&categoryName=playstation4-software&superCatName=gaming&title=division%252C-the

Session pass not essential imo. I bought one DLC Survival but it's pretty dead now. The others are like horde mode.

An update released last week to increase drops of high end weapons and equipment, they want people to enjoy the game now before division 2. I found the story brilliant and played the majority of it solo and then found end game events a great laugh playing online. Absolute bargain for 10 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭og2k7

Cheers will look there. I assume a season pass is a must have?

Got the Division on ebay for 1.20 GBP plus 3.95 EUR parcel motel, you could probably score a similar price, just be patient

Hope this helps

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

I actually saw the physical game in Dealz earlier, think they are selling it for around €5 - €6 but there was no marked price so cant be sure. Might be a cheap way to pick it up. They had one or two PS4 copies in the Dublin Moore street store about 2 hours ago. Brand new copies as well.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

DubDJ wrote: »
    I actually saw the physical game in Dealz earlier, think they are selling it for around €5 - €6 but there was no marked price so cant be sure. Might be a cheap way to pick it up. They had one or two PS4 copies in the Dublin Moore street store about 2 hours ago. Brand new copies as well.

Dealz are selling games?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭ronano

chonix wrote: »
    I'd say the same about "Horizon - Zero Dawn" (if possible with DLC) and "Uncharted 4"

Not to get too sidetracked, where would you start with uncharted? I'm thinking the lost legacy game, a recent entry in the series then if it takes my fancy start on 1

ronano wrote: »
    Not to get too sidetracked, where would you start with uncharted? I'm thinking the lost legacy game, a recent entry in the series then if it takes my fancy start on 1

Well expect a price drop on Uncharted 4 soon as SCEA are starting a budget range, expect SCEE to do the same soon.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1009092668448747522?s=19

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Well expect a price drop on Uncharted 4 soon as SCEA are starting a budget range, expect SCEE to do the same soon.

https://twitter.com/PlayStation/status/1009092668448747522?s=19

Europe announced it too
    https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2018/06/19/introducing-playstation-hits-acclaimed-ps4-games-for-only-19-99/

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Dealz are selling games?
    Yeah they have been for a while, I haven't actually seen any until today though. They had FIFA 17, Division, Titanfall for Xbox and a few others. Not very recent games but AFAIK they sell them for around €6 so can't go wrong with that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

That's amazing. I'll have a look tomorrow. Can't go wrong at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭Virtanen

Just an FYI, they are second-hand games, just resealed in cellophane. Not that it makes much of a difference, but just so you know

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭copperspock

I don't know if it's been mentioned already, but Horizon Zero Dawn Complete Edition is still $20/~€16.26 with PCGS credit on the US PSN store. It was apparently part of the Days of Play sale, but the price is still the same and there was never an end date on the store page, so it might be a permanent drop. Maybe it's gonna be part of the Playstation Hits selection?
    I get US PSN credit on http://www.pcgamesupply.com/, tends to be better value than CDKeys.

Seems GameStop are offering Fifa 19 for €1 when you trade in a game from the trade list.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 803 ✭✭✭BelovedAunt

Seems GameStop are offering Fifa 19 for €1 when you trade in a game from the trade list.

It's @19.99 with a game on the list.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement