Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

JimBurnley wrote: »
    Looks to be new sale on PSN store. Headmaster VR 6quid

Headmaster is amazing. Well worth it.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Headmaster is amazing. Well worth it.

Yeah I would have totally ignored this had Without Parole not done a "Why we love..." on YouTube for it.

Quick question: do you need to physically move your head forward quickly to simulate a real header or is it just that you move your head side to side?

I have a neck problem so any quick jerking of the head would be bad

• Registered Users Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭JimBurnley

mrcheez wrote: »
    Yeah I would have totally ignored this had Without Parole not done a "Why we love..." on YouTube for it.

Quick question: do you need to physically move your head forward quickly to simulate a real header or is it just that you move your head side to side?

I liked the look of it since seeing it on Dara O'Brien's Go 8Bit but been waiting for it to come on sale. The time is now :-)

mrcheez wrote: »

Actually, don't move your head at all, use your upper body to head if you get me. Keep your neck straight if you can, you'll get better accuracy and power.

Actually, don't move your head at all, use your upper body to head if you get me. Keep your neck straight if you can, you'll get better accuracy and power.

Saw this: https://youtu.be/Dlo3IefoYAw?t=446

Kinda jerky on the old neck in his case anyway. I dunno I might pick it up for Rift instead as they offer refunds.

It's mad I have no problem playing physical games like Sprint Vector or Thrill of the Fight, but anything involving forward neck movement no matter how small is a no-go :(

• Advertisement

Lean back and lean forward, don't use your neck or move your head at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

Any bargains on external hard drives?

I pretty much stopped using my ps4 because I have to delete nearly every game when I get a new one haha

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Blanchy90 wrote: »

I pretty much stopped using my ps4 because I have to delete nearly every game when I get a new one haha

£95 for a 4TB portable on Amazon atm, should do the job.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

If you are on a budget, You can't go wrong with the western digital recertified portable drives for €49 for 2TB or €74 for 4TB

https://www.wdc.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYFT0020BBK-WESN

amadablam wrote: »
    If you are on a budget, You can't go wrong with the western digital recertified portable drives for €49 for 2TB or €74 for 4TB

https://www.wdc.com/en-ie/products/wd-recertified/my-passport.html#RWDBYFT0020BBK-WESN

Thanks their pretty good prices. Should I be concerned with just 6 months warranty?

• Advertisement

There's no 3 or 4tb in stock I think I'll just pick up a 2tb for now

• Registered Users Posts: 53,262 ✭✭✭✭GavRedKing

I've just picked up Dark Souls III for €14.99 on PSN, looking forward to the months of endless frustration. :pac:

Thanks their pretty good prices. Should I be concerned with just 6 months warranty?

Nah I've been using my re-certified WD for yonks now... no problems and it looks nice in the living room

Cheers I just pulled the trigger on a blue 2tb for the ps4 :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

for the external HDD's you just plug them in and away you go or whats the story?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,972 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

for the external HDD's you just plug them in and away you go or whats the story?

With the portable ones, you just connect them to the USB port and you are good to go.

Yup. Plug in go to the system settings and set up the hdd afaik.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Just saw this in the bargain alerts forum, may be of use/interest to some.

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057886782

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭wotausername

Just make sure USB 3.0 or later :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,409 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Really enjoying the Evil Within so far. Nothing ground breaking but for €5.99 it's a steal.

• Advertisement

Resi Revelations is 7.99. It's a solid game if a little dated looking. I like it a lot so far.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Really enjoying the Evil Within so far. Nothing ground breaking but for €5.99 it's a steal.

You should get part 2 aswell.

Smashing game, different kind of animal to part one, I'd say its like comparing Resident Evil 2 to Resident Evil 1, much more fast paced, much more action packed.

tbh I really wanted the second one as I heard it improved a lot of the issues with the first but 2 is still €70 or something stupid on the PSN store. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

tbh I really wanted the second one as I heard it improved a lot of the issues with the first but 2 is still €70 or something stupid on the PSN store. I'll definitely pick it up at some point.

It's a tenner in Smyths. Absolute steal at that price.

Edit: It seems to be sold out in most places at that price. It's €19 in Argos

Just tried to get it on Amazon and they only sell to Prime customers. Went to buy it on E-bay and got put off by the postal charges. I'm putting too much effort into this so I gave up. I'll end up paying €70 for it digitally if I don't kop on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

€20 in Gamestop with free delivery iirc.

Just tried to get it on Amazon and they only sell to Prime customers. Went to buy it on E-bay and got put off by the postal charges. I'm putting too much effort into this so I gave up. I'll end up paying €70 for it digitally if I don't kop on.

£15 including shipping from Base.

https://www.base.com/buy/product/the-evil-within-2-ps4/dgc-evilw2ps4.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭johnpatrick81

Evil within is €10 in CEX, Evil Within 2 €15

https://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/the-evil-within-2/11482350.html

I got mine from Zavvi. Some people have had issues with delivery times but I've ordered at least 20 different deliveries from them and not once have I been left hanging.

• Advertisement

https://www.zavvi.com/games-ps4/the-evil-within-2/11482350.html

I got mine from Zavvi. Some people have had issues with delivery times but I've ordered at least 20 different deliveries from them and not once have I been left hanging.

Tbh, their shipping recently is a lot better than it used to be, unfortunately they now also charge €2.50 for shipping with no improvement since its introduction.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement