Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,780 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

A bit of an unusual one for ye, but I was in dealz in Santry and they had some PS4 games for €5. The only two that I can remember that were worthwhile were Deus Ex and Titanfall 2. They had some other games too but nothing worth a fiver.

They had xbone one games and loads of ps3 and 360 games too, I don’t know if other dealz shops are doing games now or if it’s only their santry shop.

It's in most Dealz just bought Tom's Clancy's The Division for €5 they had FIFA 17 Destiny 1 and a load of PS3 COD Ghosts. always worth checking your local Dealz

• Registered Users Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Blanchy90

I think I'll get that need for speed bundle, it's too good to pass

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭van_beano

Blanchy90 wrote: »
    I think I'll get that need for speed bundle, it's too good to pass

The deal expires tonight at 23:59. I got it anyways, 3 games with some DLC’s included for €25 is worth the risk I’d say. I liked Most Wanted and have been itching to play a racing game lately so it ticked the boxes with me.

van_beano wrote: »
    The deal expires tonight at 23:59. I got it anyways, 3 games with some DLC’s included for €25 is worth the risk I’d say. I liked Most Wanted and have been itching to play a racing game lately so it ticked the boxes with me.

Oh thanks for that I just bought it there on my phone.

Now I just need to get my hard drive working so I can download them haha

• Registered Users Posts: 29,849 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

van_beano wrote: »

Still deciding on this. anyone put any time in Payback over the weekend and recommend it?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Still deciding on this. anyone put any time in Payback over the weekend and recommend it?

Don't go near it, get the Crew 2 instead. It's fantastic.

Ah was only looking for something cheap. I'll catch the crew 2 when it hits sale at some point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

Payback is not worth it. I bought it full price download. Deleted it within a day or two.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Payback is not worth it. I bought it full price download. Deleted it within a day or two.

Tbf, you're not just getting Payback but the other two PS4 games for €25. It is a tempting price.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

NFS bundles looks like backlog fodder to me. Havent heard much good about those games in years.

Personally Project Cars is the best racing game on PS4

• Advertisement

EoinHef wrote: »
    NFS bundles looks like backlog fodder to me. Havent heard much good about those games in years.

Personally Project Cars is the best racing game on PS4

I never got into project cars I got it at launch and it wasn't great

Decided to hold off on Payback, I'm sure it will stay popping up in shops for 20 soon, wood prefer physical to trade it once done. Hopefully there's a nice psn sale today.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,017 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Decided to hold off on Payback, I'm sure it will stay popping up in shops for 20 soon, wood prefer physical to trade it once done. Hopefully there's a nice psn sale today.
    There might be new Week 2 offers on the US/Canadian Mid Year PSN Sale. The Summer Sale should be starting on the Irish store on the 25th July

Nier Automata is still 21 in Argos but I just noticed CEX offer 21 cash for it so gonna get it today and see what the fuss is about. Seeing 'masterpiece' and 'deeply flawed' thrown around a lot so don't know what to think.

Looks like there are some indie digital games on sale on the Irish PSN store

• Registered Users Posts: 18,272 ✭✭✭✭Atomic Pineapple

Nier Automata is still 21 in Argos but I just noticed CEX offer 21 cash for it so gonna get it today and see what the fuss is about. Seeing 'masterpiece' and 'deeply flawed' thrown around a lot so don't know what to think.

Is the demo gone from PSN? I played a demo of it when it first came out and while it was fun, I find it hard to imagine someone calling it a masterpiece.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭megaten

It has its quirks but I wouldn't call it deeply flawed. The original Nier maybe could be called deeply flawed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,611 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Fortnite PS4 Pro bundle for €99.99 when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games in GameStop.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160408889725062&id=273761945061

• Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

Fortnite PS4 Pro bundle for €99.99 when you trade in a PS4 and any 2 games in GameStop.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10160408889725062&id=273761945061

I called my store today and he said the 2 games are from a list online. Only one I could see is this https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers which isn't really just any 2 games

I called my store today and he said the 2 games are from a list online. Only one I could see is this https://www.gamestop.ie/Software-Trade-In-Offers which isn't really just any 2 games

It's any 2 games as long as they have a trade value, unfortunately GS store staff have a history of being uninformed or spreading false information.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15 FowlBard109

It's any 2 games as long as they have a trade value, unfortunately GS store staff have a history of being uninformed or spreading false information.

Oh nice one then. I specifically didn't go in to trade up for the pro today just because of that. Might get it sorted tomorrow so

• Registered Users Posts: 21,390 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Is it worth upgrading to the pro?

If you’ve a 4K HDR TV, then yes, as soon as you can.

If you don’t, then only if you’re getting a new PlayStation anyway or have plans to get a 4K HDR TV at some point.

Either way, it’s a good purchase. There’s not much point in getting a slim model unless you’re on a tight budget.

martyos121 wrote: »
    If you’ve a 4K HDR TV, then yes, as soon as you can.

If you don’t, then only if you’re getting a new PlayStation anyway or have plans to get a 4K HDR TV at some point.

Either way, it’s a good purchase. There’s not much point in getting a slim model unless you’re on a tight budget.

The slim, while quieter isn't as good as the original PS4 seeing as it is lacking an optical out port.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,779 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Yes if you plan on getting a PSVR and having dragons tower over you, or getting hunted by a mad homicidal redneck in RE7 ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Do you have a 4K TV? If you don’t, then you’ll see very little benefit

Depends on what you have now

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

Do you have a 4K TV? If you don’t, then you’ll see very little benefit
    I don't know if that's true. I have a 4K TV and a Pro, but I don't always take advantage of the increased resolution and instead prefer to boost the frame rate.

I was in Henry Street store in Dublin and he said that you get 200 for the old ps4 console and then 50 for each of the games on the list posted here yesterday. Don't know why they don't just clarify on the offer what games are applicable instead of hearing conflicting information from the stores.

I was in Henry Street store in Dublin and he said that you get 200 for the old ps4 console and then 50 for each of the games on the list posted here yesterday. Don't know why they don't just clarify on the offer what games are applicable instead of hearing conflicting information from the stores.

Then it's false advertising as the advert states that it is almost any 2 games, not 2 selected games.

Edit: Seems stores are varying as usual, some stores looking for games off list and other stores taking anything. Seen online people getting it with any 2 games in the Clarehall store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Edit: Seems stores are varying as usual, some stores looking for games off list and other stores taking anything. Seen online people getting it with any 2 games in the Clarehall store.

here-we-go-again-meme-4-here-we-go-again.jpg

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement