Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭LaGlisse

van_beano wrote: »
    That €399 PS4 bundle with TLOU, GTA5 and FAR cry 4 was fantastic. Can't see why Argos wouldn't run another offer like that again soon, they did some business!

Jesus that deal sounds too good to be true, can't believe I missed that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Some of the how-to guides I'd read referred to the slim version.

Anyhow, bought, installed and currently initialising the system. Thanks for the tip off.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Senecio wrote: »
    Some of the how-to guides I'd read referred to the slim version.

Anyhow, bought, installed and currently initialising the system. Thanks for the tip off.

Great, hope it all goes well!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 971 ✭✭✭Senecio

Great, hope it all goes well!

All good so far. Just wish PSN was a bit quicker downloading all my games again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Tombraider is 25 quid in argos. Best price I've seen it for physically.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,309 ✭✭✭blaa85

cloud493 wrote: »
    Tombraider is 25 quid in argos. Best price I've seen it for physically.

20 new in gamestop.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its also out of stock almost everywhere in dublin, except for pre owned which is still €40.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

ShaneU wrote: »

Tempted..

What's people's thoughts on it who own it?

Are there still issues with it or is it fixed for online and offline play?

Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

There's feedback on the PS4 megathread 2.0

• Registered Users Posts: 5,415 ✭✭✭.G.

Tempted..

Cheers.

Still issues with online connectivity but I think its great, well worth 25 quid anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,433 ✭✭✭Josey Wales

Tempted..

Cheers.

I like it. I've never encountered any online or offline issues. The only problem I have is that I'm terrible at the game and can't progress very far.

Anyone have any idea when there will be decent bundles about again. Argos charging €399 for just the console now, smiths are crazy prices

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Game.co.uk have a bundle of Destiny, Watch Dogs and Drive Club for £389, that works out about €500.

Not cheap but the lowest I've seen lately!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,163 ✭✭✭Beefy78

LaGlisse wrote: »
    Anyone have any idea when there will be decent bundles about again. Argos charging €399 for just the console now, smiths are crazy prices

Can't even see any in stock with Argos. Annoying as I've €120 in vouchers for them and was hoping to put that towards a PS4 this weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭wilser

Smyths have it for €399 as well
    Think this is the rrp and Argos just blew all the others out of the water before xmas

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

ShaneU wrote: »

Still holding out on the elusive free version ps+ members were meant to get. TBH i dont understand why anyone would buy drive club regardless of how cheap it is after the way they treated people at release.
    but for anyone who wants it u can get a one time 10% off your total basket at the weekend assuming u were affected by the PSN outages at christmas
    http://kotaku.com/playstation-making-up-for-downtime-with-a-10-off-sale-1680534539

The Driveclub offer is finished today and the 10% code starts on friday, so it's not gonna happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I bought it and I'm delighted with the purchase. I've no doubt at all that if I'd played the PS+ version I'd have bought it anyway.

Right now I'm thinking of getting the season pass.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭mickstupp

CombatCow wrote: »
    Tempted to get the new Lara Croft puzzler, really enjoyed the first one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,738 ✭✭✭SureYWouldntYa

Game of Thrones any good ? Fan of the show but not totally sold on the game

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Dunno how much of a bargain this is/isn't but the black or blue ds4 controllers are currently €60 in argos (still ridiculously overpriced IMO)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Game of Thrones any good ? Fan of the show but not totally sold on the game

Judging by what I have experienced from Tell Tale Games titles like The Walking Dead and The Wolf Among Us, I am sure it is amazing... Would have bought it myself but don't watch the show so sided against it..

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Just got the sherlock holmes game for 35e, looking forward to playing something a bit different!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭Sarn

CombatCow wrote: »
    The Driveclub offer is finished today and the 10% code starts on friday, so it's not gonna happen.

My understanding is that €24.99 is the new price going forward for the upgrade.

Don't think I can wait any longer, I'm going to crack and pay 399 for just the console. The euro depreciating in value with more drops to come surely makes it less likely we will see any big price drops soon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭Savage Tyrant

Don't think I can wait any longer, I'm going to crack and pay 399 for just the console. The euro depreciating in value with more drops to come surely makes it less likely we will see any big price drops soon

Ouch!... Makes me feel pretty good about getting the White PS4 for €294.

To be fair, I think the prices are likely going to come down to €349 standard during the year, just not sure you'd be willing to wait for a €50 saving.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Flash sale on Us store. Shadow Warrior $6 seems the best deal, lots of others there

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,298 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sweetie wrote: »
    Flash sale on Us store. Shadow Warrior $6 seems the best deal, lots of others there

https://store.sonyentertainmentnetwork.com/#!/en-us/flash-sale/cid=STORE-MSF77008-9_FLASHSALE15_G

EDIT:
    Tokyo Jungle for $3 - Absolute bargain and a quality game.

EDIT, EDIT: 10% discount code - KF56EM5KB3

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Right lads...a headsup.

I just preordered " Dying light Ultimate edition " from the Canadian store for €50.30 ... the same game in IE is €90 . You can get the standard edition for €39 .

I just set up a canadian account . I then bought $80 Can credit here (its on sale )
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buygames...Canada-Region/

It was a lot cheaper than the US account route .

Go for it lads. Happy days.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement