Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

No matter how cheap a game was, I would never go near simplygames.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

I ordered from this, and they've already charged me (the game collection) even though it says they don't charge till a few days before shipping) :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Is it because of the PS4 pre-order price gouging from them ?

*btw money is taken straight away. ** @cloud493 Same as simplygames, im guessing it because of going through Rakuten.

CombatCow wrote: »

*btw money is taken straight away. ** @cloud493 Same as simplygames, im guessing it because of going through Rakuten.

That and them being investigated by trading standards a couple of times before the whole gouging debacle, a few members here have really got burned by them before as well when using their parent company simply electonics.

CombatCow wrote: »

I've sent them a support ticket to see if I can get it back. How irritating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 alexwent

Anyone know the best bundle going in stores? Don't want to buy online.

Argos looked good, €400 plus Shadow of Mordor for €33 or the Driveclub bundle for €428 but they're outta stock everywhere in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

you won't get the money back, you preordered it. what were you expecting to happen? you'll have to cancel the order to get the money back.

alexwent wrote: »
    Anyone know the best bundle going in stores? Don't want to buy online.

Argos looked good, €400 plus Shadow of Mordor for €33 or the Driveclub bundle for €428 but they're outta stock everywhere in Dublin.

You can pick up a digital copy of Driveclub now for €25 on the PS Store if you are getting PS+ as well.

RossieMan wrote: »
    you won't get the money back, you preordered it. what were you expecting to happen? you'll have to cancel the order to get the money back.

Aye I know, thats what I want.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 alexwent

Xenji wrote: »
    You can pick up a digital copy of Driveclub now for €25 on the PS Store if you are getting PS+ as well.

Oh cool - still have around 4 months of plus left from my PS3

• Advertisement

Apparently my copy of the order has already shipped, but that can't be right? Did anyone else get that email?

nope, no shipped email yet... Strange considering its not out for 10 days.

Well I'll check it when I get to a computer, but this email from rakuten definitely says its shipped.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Smyths Toys today:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition PS4 and Xbox One - €10
    Lego the Hobbit different formats €20
    Escape from Dead Island - on sale for €10 or €20, can't remember which
    COD Ghosts €20
    Thief PS4 €10

They also had some PS3, Vita and DS games. They've a massive toy sale at the minute.

Would Ghosts be worth getting? I just bought Tomb Raider.

I was in both Navan and Blanch. Some games weren't out on display for some reason. Had to ask the lad at the counter and he showed me.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Lemlin wrote: »
    Smyths Toys today:

Tomb Raider Definitive Edition PS4 and Xbox One - €10
    Lego the Hobbit different formats €20
    Escape from Dead Island - on sale for €10 or €20, can't remember which
    COD Ghosts €20
    Thief PS4 €10

They also had some PS3, Vita and DS games. They've a massive toy sale at the minute.

Would Ghosts be worth getting? I just bought Tomb Raider.

I was in both Navan and Blanch. Some games weren't out on display for some reason. Had to ask the lad at the counter and he showed me.

Is this in all Smyths? Might get TR

That Alien Isolation deal that is on Base.com has been on backorder since last week, picked it up for a friend and was told today it could take anywhere from a week to a month to ship.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭rizzla

Very tempted to get myself a PS4, wondering if anyone knows any good bundles or deals?

Best I could find is a PS4 and Evolve for €400 in Argos, no interest in Evolve so be trading that back in straight away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

rizzla wrote: »
    Very tempted to get myself a PS4, wondering if anyone knows any good bundles or deals?

Best I could find is a PS4 and Evolve for €400 in Argos, no interest in Evolve so be trading that back in straight away.

I've seen practically brand new ones go with multiple games on adverts for around €350.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 7,401 Mod ✭✭✭✭pleasant Co.

Fakman87 wrote: »
    I've seen practically brand new ones go with multiple games on adverts for around €350.

Recently? or last month when there where great deals available in store? No one should be selling that low right now while deals for both consoles have gone out the window, multiple games alone would fetch a nice trade in price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Recently? or last month when there where great deals available in store? No one should be selling that low right now while deals for both consoles have gone out the window, multiple games alone would fetch a nice trade in price.

Yeah I saw two go last week for around that price. Both were one or two months old and had 2 games with them. I actually wanted to pick one up for a friend but missed both of them.

The only thing I can think of is maybe the majority of people who wanted a Ps4 got one when argos were doing great deals before christmas and so there's not too many potential buyers on adverts. Just a guess though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Far cry 4 down to €40 on amazon, probably the best price around for a new disk.

If anyone sees Thief for 10 euro in Smyths and wouldn't mind grabbing me a copy I'd be happy to compensate them for it. Checked in Galway today but sold out.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

Isn't Thief free on PS+ ??

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Isn't Thief free on PS+ ??

PS3 version is. No cross buy.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

ItsHoggie wrote: »
    Is this in all Smyths? Might get TR

Yep. Your only problem is finding stock. Blamch were out of stock of TR yesterday but I was passing Navan too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Tomb Raider is a steal for a tenner if you have never played it....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,174 ✭✭✭ItsHoggie

Fieldog wrote: »
    Tomb Raider is a steal for a tenner if you have never played it....

Was one of my favourite games on last gen, tempted to pick it up for that price.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I replayed it on the PS4 after playing it on the 360 after original release. It's really worth another go, even if you have played it before.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Advertisement

http://www.rakuten.co.uk/shop/simplygames/product/40105/?l-id=gb_search_product_4

Borderlands the Handsome Collection for £31.85 with the voucher "FEBGIFT10" delivered to parcel motel.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement