Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Just for anyone looking, Smyths in Carrickmines was useless for games :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

RedXIV wrote: »

Heard that from my brother last night. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭FaoiSin

No Tomb Raider is Smyths in the city centre unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

RedXIV wrote: »

You need to go rural. I was passing Smyths in Blanch on Wednesday morning and there was 50 people cueing outside at 9.10. The place didn't open until 9.30!

I went over later in the day after a meeting I had and a lot of stock was gone. Far more stuff in Navan when I was driving back to Cavan.

Speaking of which I got this today. Seemed a good deal. I don't know much about the Vita though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,505 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

sugarman wrote: »
    Eh where?!?! That's an insane deal. Its the older model too which is far better than the newer model.

The new version is better than the old version in nearly everyway way except for the OLED screen, although the OLED model is still the best version and makes up for everything the new model improves on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

The Smyths website is 'effin shockin!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

No Tomb Raiders or €50 Vitas in Smyths Claremorris :(

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    No Tomb Raiders or €50 Vitas in Smyths Claremorris :(

Had they any cheap games left? Sale is on since Tuesday lads so I'd say most of the good stuff is gone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Lemlin wrote: »
    Had they any cheap games left? Sale is on since Tuesday lads so I'd say most of the good stuff is gone.

Didn't see much that interested me to be honest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 LuftWaffle

Any deals/ cheap places to buy dualshock 3 ps3 controllers?
    Broke the old one...
    Cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

My Rakuten/SimplyGames order of "The Order" has shipped, will be happy if I get it for release day, was £35 with a discount code.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

LuftWaffle wrote: »
    Any deals/ cheap places to buy dualshock 3 ps3 controllers?
    Broke the old one...
    Cheers.

They used to be around €35-€37 shipped from videogamesplus.ca
    That was before the € tanked though. Worth checking out, you can see the exchange rate as you order.

• Registered Users Posts: 282 ✭✭macpac26

RIP my wallet

http://bit.ly/1EPaNja

What a week to get a Vita! Hello Persona 4!

Will definitely also pick up Catherine €4.99 and Tomb Raider for €14.99

• Registered Users Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

macpac26 wrote: »

Go for
    Rogue Legacy
    The Swapper
    Hotline Miami
    Gravity Rush
    Binding of Isaac

Its strange that most of those games in the Vita sale have seen discounted quite lower in previous sales.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Yeah, I'll definitely pick up Catherine at that price. Is Arkham Origins worth picking up for €15?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,166 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

What are people's opinions on the Vita? I was thinking of getting one, is it worth it?

Gamestop have it for €150, seems a good price considering Amazon have it for £147.

J. Marston wrote: »
    What are people's opinions on the Vita? I was thinking of getting one, is it worth it?

Gamestop have it for €150, seems a good price considering Amazon have it for £147.

It is a great little handheld, spent more time using it last year than anything else I own, but unless you are going to be using it for Visual Novels, JRPG's or cross buy indie PSN games you might not get as much use out of it as it lacks more mainstream western games and that looks set to be the norm. It is also handy if you have a PS4 and want to use the remote play function.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Yeah, I'll definitely pick up Catherine at that price. Is Arkham Origins worth picking up for €15?

good game, cheaper on disc I reckon

Mine should be delivered tomorrow. If youre looking for big budget AAA games primarily then dont get one because apart from a few there are none on the system. I bought one for all the cross buy games I didnt feel like playing on the PS4 as well as Uncharted, Killzone, Gravity Rush, Tearaway, LBP, FFX, MGS HD collection, Persona (new to the series), my PS1 collection i bought on PS3 but never got around to play (MGS1, Resi 1 & 2, FF7 & 8 etc) plus the remote play functionality. There are other games that interest me on the system so with all of the above I can see myself using it a lot. I thought my phone/iPad would sort out my mobile gaming needs but I just cant work with touch controls only, it ruins most games.

The memory card situation is a joke though I cannot believe they didnt go down the 3DS route and use standard cards. It is Sony after all I suppose, they make it hard on themselves.

Anyway back on topic Im looking forward to picking up quite a few Vita games in this sale and trying a few genres I had previously ignored.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Lads is it still worth buying from the U.S. psn since the euro weakened?

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭Uno my Uno.

I logged into the PSN Store last night to get some of the games in the february sale, I noticed that a lot of the games were in the promotion but were at their original prices. Anyone else notice this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I logged into the PSN Store last night to get some of the games in the february sale, I noticed that a lot of the games were in the promotion but were at their original prices. Anyone else notice this?

Haven't checked today but most of the ones I clicked led to dead ends

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah they are aware and fixing it today.

Discounts are up

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15 Tcjmcd

Discounts are up

Cheers! I'm totally picking up BF4 with all the DLC for €26.99, excellent deal considering all (if not all, most) of the bugs have been squashed out with the patches according to people on Reddit. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

No simple as that, have 1 for 2 years and gets no play, i did enjoy uncharted and dont starve but thats it, i think playstation has also said we will not receive any more AAA games so unless you are into your indies i wouldnt bother

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement