Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Playstation Bargains

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah thats a great feature, I use it at home through a wired network and its very smooth, you can also use Remote Play outside of your home to connect to your PS4 and play, works well for most games I have tried but you need a good connection both ways around 5Mb I think is recommended.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,048 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

CombatCow wrote: »
    Yeah think of it as a vita without the screen, and you use a DualShock 3/4 with it. As Darko says not all games are compatible unfortunately, but there is a list here to help: http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2014/09/22/playstation-tv-release-date-price-full-list-compatible-games-2/

Thanks. Looks like most games I want to play from Plus aren't on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Varik wrote: »
    Bought the PlayStation tv 2 weeks ago for 99 in smyths, well **** that.
    http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/page/o/customerservice/returns-policy/
    We are happy to exchange or refund goods if returned within 28 days of purchase and provided that they remain unused, unopened, in their original condition and packaging with all materials, manuals and accessories intact. All returns must be accompanied by a valid Smyths Toys receipt or, for online returns, your despatch confirmation email including your order reference (WSU/WSI) number.

Could you buy it, return it with old receipt?
    They may know, but I can't imagine they could prove it, or would give a crap.
    Surely it would be the same, had you bought it for a Birthday present, or Easter present (if there is such a thing :))

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Does the controller come with it for that price?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭Mr Bloat

I was in Harvey Norman Little Island Cork yesterday and they had a number of games reduced. They had Tearaway (Vita) for €6, Dark Souls 2 (PS3), Knack (PS4) and Lego Marvel Superheroes (PS4) for €19 each. They had a couple of other PS3/PS4 games for €19 too but I can't remember what they were. They only had four or five copies of each on the stand.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,307 ✭✭✭weiland79

tok9 wrote: »
    Does the controller come with it for that price?

No

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Ps tv in Smyths Waterford. I just got one...more left there.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Damn.. that probably would have been too good to be true in fairness. I need to get a PS3 controller and I would have been sold then.

I'm just hoping it works well when using it to play PS4 games on another tv which is why i bought it. 100mb UPC broadband but will be using a WIFI connection with it upstairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,432 ✭✭✭RedXIV

With all these ps tv's on offer, anyone got a good price for the memory cards to go with them?

• Advertisement

Does the Smyths version also come with three games?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

weiland79 wrote: »
    I'm just hoping it works well when using it to play PS4 games on another tv which is why i bought it. 100mb UPC broadband but will be using a WIFI connection with it upstairs.

I'd go with homeplugs for home streaming, especially if its the Horizon box....

• Registered Users Posts: 12,535 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Allyall wrote: »
    Does the Smyths version also come with three games?

The one I got did.

RedXIV wrote: »
    With all these ps tv's on offer, anyone got a good price for the memory cards to go with them?

Been looking... Haven't checked shipping price on this, but it looks like the best offer I've seen so far. That and the 4GB indie games pack that's everywhere though.

http://www.amazon.es/Sony-Action-Tarjeta-Memoria-PlayStation/dp/B00L39U2P0/ref=sr_1_4?s=videogames&ie=UTF8&qid=1427474424&sr=1-4&keywords=playstation+vita+mega+pack

Fieldog wrote: »
    I'd go with homeplugs for home streaming, especially if its the Horizon box....

Got a link for some decent ones? I don't use the horizon box, upc sent me out a separate router as I had no signal upstairs with the box.

These are great, I used them for a long time: http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2660981/Trail/searchtext%3ETPLINK.htm

Also I have an Ilac Center Dublin Argos reservation for Bloodborne and Borderlands THC PS4 until store close tomorrow if anyone is genuinely interested. They are €60 each ( you don't need to buy both ). PM me

• Registered Users Posts: 10,575 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

weiland79 wrote: »
    Got a link for some decent ones? I don't use the horizon box, upc sent me out a separate router as I had no signal upstairs with the box.

I use these ones :

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1090930.htm

I needed the pass through to connect other things into where the router is at the front door....

If you don't need the pass through the ones for 30 linked above should do the job for you, just don't plug them into a 4 gang socket thing, as the speeds will half....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Does the PS TV come with a HDMI cable?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

Benzino wrote:
    Does the PS TV come with a HDMI cable?

Yes

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Is the Argos bundle with Bloodborne and The Order the best value out there at the moment? That being said I reckon it'll be games like Battlefield and Fifa that I'll be spending most of my time with...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,534 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

AdMMM wrote: »
    Is the Argos bundle with Bloodborne and The Order the best value out there at the moment? That being said I reckon it'll be games like Battlefield and Fifa that I'll be spending most of my time with...

Shouldn't be too hard to trade Bloodbourne for Battlefield Hardline to be honest... And The Order for FIFA may be relatively easy too... It seems like the best deal anyways...

AdMMM wrote: »

Yep, and you can get €69 cash (€77 store credit ) in CEX if you were to trade both in.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 Drew P. Wiener

AdMMM wrote:

I bought my Ps4 in argos last week and decided to chance my arm and see if I could get Fifa and GTA instead of Bloodborne and The Order, and I did. The games aren't bundle copies so it made no difference to argos as far as they were concerned. Just ask to speak to the manager

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I bought my Ps4 in argos last week and decided to chance my arm and see if I could get Fifa and GTA instead of Bloodborne and The Order, and I did. The games aren't bundle copies so it made no difference to argos as far as they were concerned. Just ask to speak to the manager

You were in luck. I tried the same at Xmas when the store didn't have stock in of The Last of Us and was told there was no way the bundles could be changed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Logitech G930 wireless gaming headset at the lowest price ive seen it on amazon £69.84 or €95 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G930-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00CJ5FPS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427838432&sr=8-1&keywords=g930

Its €179.99 on their website http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

Not sure which is better this or the Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

EDIT: Out of stock now.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,604 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Logitech G930 wireless gaming headset at the lowest price ive seen it on amazon £69.84 or €95 http://www.amazon.co.uk/Logitech-G930-Wireless-Gaming-Headset/dp/B00CJ5FPS6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1427838432&sr=8-1&keywords=g930

Its €179.99 on their website http://gaming.logitech.com/en-roeu/product/g930-7-1-wireless-gaming-headset

Not sure which is better this or the Sony PlayStation Wireless Stereo Headset 2.0

EDIT: Out of stock now.

It only works in stereo mode on the PS4 therefor the Sony 2.0 headset is better as it has the virtual surround sound!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,619 ✭✭✭double GG

double GG wrote: »
    Anyone thinking of getting MLB The Show 15? Was looking into getting it from the US Store for 59 dollars, probably about 55 euro.

Amazon.co.uk seem to be 54 pound. And shipped 3 days later.

Are there many other online places that it could be bought from?

Finally my internet being down leads to a good thing. I'd been without internet the last few days while i had planned to purchase from the US store (wasn't on the Irish or UK store at this point) for 60 dollars or 55 euro or so, however with my internet down, I wasn't able to buy it.

Internet back working yesterday, checked Irish store 45 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

double GG wrote: »
    Finally my internet being down leads to a good thing. I'd been without internet the last few days while i had planned to purchase from the US store (wasn't on the Irish or UK store at this point) for 60 dollars or 55 euro or so, however with my internet down, I wasn't able to buy it.

Internet back working yesterday, checked Irish store 45 euro.

Is that the full game? Went to buy it today but it says PSN game on it; would that be correct?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

smyths are selling the order pre owned for 29.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement