Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

RedXIV wrote: »
    Don't suppose you're selling any? :D

I'le see if any of the lads in Dublin have some left. Their in Blanch. I'le let you know.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

I'le see if any of the lads in Dublin have some left. Their in Blanch. I'le let you know.

Much appreciated!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,276 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Just got 2 in Letterkenny

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,774 ✭✭✭cadete

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Just got 2 in Letterkenny

Any more left?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I see at the bottom of the argos page it says:

Current selling price valid until 05/05/2015

So I assume we won't be fit to get at this price tomorrow?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,276 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Didn't ask and the stock checkers out front weren't working, though going by posts here there's no guarantee they'd be right anyway. So just took the number to the till, asked the price then asked for 2.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

I got two I had reserved in Cavan earlier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,187 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

When I got to the Ilac at 1:15 today seen some guy buying the last two, lucky for me a staff member reserved the last two in the omni for me. I am currently having an issue accessing the psn myself though.

I gave the other to someone I know, thanks for the post alerting the availability of these again I have missed out way too many times in the past couple of weeks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

When I got to the Ilac at 1:15 today seen some guy buying the last two, lucky for me a staff member reserved the last two in the omni for me. I am currently having an issue accessing the psn myself though.

I gave the other to someone I know, thanks for the post alerting the availability of these again I have missed out way too many times in the past couple of weeks.

Got told in ilac and jervais they didn't have any anywhere and couldn't sell them even if they had them today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭van_beano

Varik wrote: »
    Got told in ilac and jervais they didn't have any anywhere and couldn't sell them if they wanted them today.

Stephens Green have been consistent with the couple of times I've been in asking over the last couple of weeks, they keep saying they're out of stock and that everywhere else was out of stock!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

mel123 wrote: »
    I ordered one in Santry on Friday, just got a text this morning to say it was there, will collect later. When I was in store and on the stock checker thingys I typed in the code and it said 'only available to order'. I don't see why I shouldn't get it for that price later when I collect.

I got 2 today for €30 told the girl I reserve when it was on promotion no problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Lemlin wrote: »
    I got two I had reserved in Cavan earlier.

Can't believe you got 2,how greedy, you only need one, blah blah blah

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Varik wrote: »
    Got told in ilac and jervais they didn't have any anywhere and couldn't sell them even if they had them today.

You had to reserve them in store and then they notified you when they were ready for collection via text.

Can't believe you got 2,how greedy, you only need one, blah blah blah

Only one of them is for myself.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

Really? You wouldn't hear a bar of that off me last week when I mentioned something similar would you?!
    Unbelievable.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Hypocrite

Really? You wouldn't hear a bar of that off me last week when I mentioned something similar would you?!
    Unbelievable.

There's a big difference between two in Cavan and eight from two different stores. Like I said last week, I wouldn't have minded too much you taking three in Cavan but eight was taking the biscuit.

Cavan also had more stock left yesterday evening so by no means had I cleared the store out of stock like you and your buddy did to two stores.

Staff member there even offered to reserve me more when I asked had they more but I said no.

I left the bargain there for someone else so the two situations, mine and yours, are incomparable.

I'm also by no means the only person who informed you that you were greedy taking eight and leaving no stock for others in two shops.
    Hypocrite

Read the above.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

There's a big difference between two in Cavan and eight from two different stores. Like I said last week, I wouldn't have minded too much you taking three in Cavan but eight was taking the biscuit.

Cavan also had more stock left yesterday evening so by no means had I cleared the store out of stock like you and your buddy did to two stores.

Staff member there even offered to reserve me more when I asked had they more but I said no.

I left the bargain there for someone else so the two situations, mine and yours, are incomparable.

I'm also by no means the only person who informed you that you were greedy taking eight and leaving no stock for others in two shops.

Read the above.
    You can try and paint it anyway you like, I don't believe you. As a poster said above, you're a hypocrite.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

Give us a shout in 4 pages time.

Or sooner if someone knows where's cheapest to pick up project cars

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Reserved 1 yesterday in drogheda they have gone up today anyone know if they would honor the price. Don't want to travel to drogheda if they won't is it better to ring and ask ?

You can try and paint it anyway you like, I don't believe you. As a poster said above, you're a hypocrite.

The poster above also got two. Read back the thread.

What's there not to believe about my post? As I said, pick apart the post above and debate it if you want.

You and your friend cleared two stores of stock, taking eight PSN cards when stock was out around the entire country. You drove to a store that wasn't near your locality to take five.

I went to my local store, had one ordered, the assistant told me they had more stock, so I got a second for the lad that sits beside me at work whose kids have a Vita and PS3, and didn't take anymore. I went in a time when people were getting them all over the country going by this thread and stock was back in.

The store was also left with stock for other people to avail of the bargain. I wasn't, how do you put it, greedy, is the word I believe.

Like I said, big difference. Plenty of people above mention getting two and nobody calls them greedy. People getting eight like yourself however....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Reserved one on Friday in jervis for collection yesterday or today but havent got a text yet. I've also misplaced the receipt, is it worth going in with my phone number only?

Reserved 1 yesterday in drogheda they have gone up today anyone know if they would honor the price. Don't want to travel to drogheda if they won't is it better to ring and ask ?

Others have mentioned that they honour the reserved price. To be honest I'd turn up and argue if they won't give it. If you ring, they'll just say no when given the chance.

Whereas if you turn up and explain you've reserved and driven miles....

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

Others have mentioned that they honour the reserved price. To be honest I'd turn up and argue if they won't give it. If you ring, they'll just say no when given the chance.

Whereas if you turn up and explain you've reserved and driven miles....

Looks like I won't get up to collect anyway if anyone would like the reservation code it's actually for 2 let me know

Give us a shout in 4 pages time.

Or sooner if someone knows where's cheapest to pick up project cars

I actually bought it on Ire PSN . I have two PS4's and it means that I can play it on two different accounts at the same time because its digital (I'de need two discs otherwise) .

The last time I played a driving game was GT5 and I played that more or less solid for two years...so I'm sure I'le get my monies worth out of PC .

Ohh...and Lemlin ,for the record ...I reserved my PSN Subs . I did not walk into an Argos store and demand that they give me everything out of the till .The door was wide open for everyone else to do the same. I'm obviously more determined than you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Man I really wish I'd known about this earlier and got someone back in Ireland to buy me 2 of them. :(

Told the mother to check out Argos today in Killarney but there's no point now.

Please send a PM Rob. I will gladly take them

oops sorry rob, just saw they are reserved in Drogheda. I thought it was Jervis

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

I actually bought it on Ire PSN . I have two PS4's and it means that I can play it on two different accounts at the same time because its digital (I'de need two discs otherwise) .

The last time I played a driving game was GT5 and I played that more or less solid for two years...so I'm sure I'le get my monies worth out of PC .

With you on GT5. Still play it the odd time. Isnt it 70€ on PSN? Best I seen so far is smyths at 65€

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement