Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

I actually bought it on Ire PSN . I have two PS4's and it means that I can play it on two different accounts at the same time because its digital (I'de need two discs otherwise) .

The last time I played a driving game was GT5 and I played that more or less solid for two years...so I'm sure I'le get my monies worth out of PC .

With you on GT5. Still play it the odd time. Isnt it 70€ on PSN? Best I seen so far is smyths at 65€

Yehh...€70 on PSN ,but its the digital version with extra items (which does not really bother me) . The key thing for me though ,is that I can play two games at the same time (Son and Me together)

• Registered Users Posts: 930 ✭✭✭robfowler78

oops sorry rob, just saw they are reserved in Drogheda. I thought it was Jervis

No bother I still have it it's valid until the 07 so if anyone wants to try

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Ohh...and Lemlin ,for the record ...I reserved my PSN Subs . I did not walk into an Argos store and demand that they give me everything out of the till .The door was wide open for everyone else to do the same. I'm obviously more determined than you.

Not sure what this refers to??? Where did I say people should walk in and demand things? I suggested to a user that if he was worried he wouldn't get the subs at the discounted price, that he argue with the store as he had them reserved at the €4.99 price. I'd do that if it was me.

I got 2 subscriptions. One for me and one for a friend. That's all I wanted so not sure what the "determined" line refers to.

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭eamondunphy

Lemlin wrote: »
    Not sure what this refers to??? Where did I say people should walk in and demand things? I suggested to a user that if he was worried he wouldn't get the subs at the discounted price, that he argue with the store as he had them reserved at the €4.99 price. I'd do that if it was me.

I got 2 subscriptions. One for me and one for a friend. That's all I wanted so not sure what the "determined" line refers to.

hypocrite

Ah lads will you give it a rest with all that. I wanna read good PS deals on this thread not you lot playing handbags.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,627 ✭✭✭The Freeman

Anyone have any issue picking up a booked reserved membership from previous days for today's Date?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

hypocrite

The meaning of the word hypocrite:

1. a person who pretends to have virtues, moral or religious beliefs, principles, etc., that he or she does not actually possess, especially a person whose actions belie stated beliefs.
    2. a person who feigns some desirable or publicly approved attitude, especially one whose private life, opinions, or statements belie his or her public statements.

Now, where did I do any of the above? I criticised someone for picking up 8 PSN cards from two stores when stock had run out and leaving none for anyone else to avail of the offer. I myself then ordered one when they were available again and actually got two because the store told me they had extra stock. I could have gotten more, or even cleared the store of stock yesterday, but I chose not to.

How is that hypocritical? Numerous people on this thread like yourself, I might add, got two PSN cards and I didn't say a word to them. It was someone getting 8 that I took exception to.

Now I'd suggest you do as others have asked and end the handbags or take this to pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Just an update on picking up a reserved card, went into Mahon Point store today and they looked up my reservation, they tried to charge me the full fee 47 quid or whatever it was but i said i had reserved at the reduced price, she had to get a manager over to do a price change but ended up getting it for the 14.99 so just make sure and say ye ordered at the lower price and ye should be good.

Just an update on picking up a reserved card, went into Mahon Point store today and they looked up my reservation, they tried to charge me the full fee 47 quid or whatever it was but i said i had reserved at the reduced price, she had to get a manager over to do a price change but ended up getting it for the 14.99 so just make sure and say ye ordered at the lower price and ye should be good.

thanks for that

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

I reserved one in Stephens Green yesterday. Should be ready for collection tomorrow. I have the screenshot on my phone that shows it was €14.99 when I reserved it so hopefully they honour it.

BTW does a PS Plus subscription carry over from PS3 to PS4?

• Advertisement

I reserved one in Stephens Green yesterday. Should be ready for collection tomorrow. I have the screenshot on my phone that shows it was €14.99 when I reserved it so hopefully they honour it.

BTW does a PS Plus subscription carry over from PS3 to PS4?

All PS devices.

I went back to collect some more subs today and the lass tried to charge me full price. I also took a pic last night at 22.26 of the price @€;14.99 and showed it to the girl and straight away she dropped the price ...pheww .

Heres a screenshot for ppl collecting PSN subs

spdkiq.jpg

Heres a screenshot for ppl collecting PSN subs

spdkiq.jpg

Thanks man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,614 ✭✭✭The Sparrow

Fair play to Argos in Stephens Green, they didn't argue at all about adding the discount when I told them it was €14.99 when I ordered it. There was no need for screenshots in the end.

I have a code for 4 psn 12 month subs that need to be collected tonight before close in Blanchardstown...quick ,who can collect them...there the €15 ones.

4 PSN 12 month subs in Argos , Blanchardstown .To be collected tonight ,before 9 @€;15 each ... reservation code " 884531 "

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

4 PSN 12 month subs in Argos , Blanchardstown .To be collected tonight ,before 9 @€;15 each ... reservation code " 884531 "

Fair play to ya for putting it out there at least

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Any kind samaratan want to pass 1 of these around? :P

RedXIV wrote: »
    Fair play to ya for putting it out there at least

One of the lads in Dublin was meant to collect it 2 days ago for a few others and never bothered . I only found out tonight at about 7.40pm . He's an idiot boy .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Interesting, could play it then trade into CEX and get the 45euro cash back if you didn't enjoy it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,896 ✭✭✭penev10

De Blob 2 is €2.99 on PSN, really good game for the kids. Ramp up the difficulty and there's some challenge in it too. Best platformer on the PS3 imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 Wiggles~

PS4 down to 369 in Argos, with a few games discounted if you buy them with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

Fantastic. I got Battlefield 4 Premium and Transistor at a huge discount to what I was going to pay. Cheers for the heads up.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Got the Mass Effect trilogy for 17.50 for the PS3 there on the store. I know I am super late to the party but just in case there is anyone out there who hasn't played it its a steal for that price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Fantastic. I got Battlefield 4 Premium and Transistor at a huge discount to what I was going to pay. Cheers for the heads up.

Cex will give €12 for the none premium version of the retail game, anyone know what peice other shops will give. The discount base game is €15 on psn.

Might buy the digital game and trade in the physical copy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

SharpCoder wrote: »

Tbh I'd wait for something better to come along.

Argos do great deals every now again. I got a ps4 and two in demand games for €409 back in November and I've seen decent deals since then.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement