Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,251 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

branners69 wrote: »
    But I cant add the Witcher game online as it says out of stock so I cant buy the package? Do I have to purchase it instore?

I reserved mine online and then went in-store and bought it.

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

sweetie wrote: »
    From HDUK - Driveclub is £10 preowned on xtravision marketplace. Add another item for £5 like a dvd or bluray and apply code 5OFF15 to make it £12 for both including postage.

you mean €15

http://www.xvmarketplace.ie/DRIVECLUB/movies-games/pd/59352

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

SharpCoder wrote:
    you mean €15

Code didn't work through Irish site

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Popped into HMV in Grafton Street yesterday and they had a couple of PS Vita's on sale for €99.99. Seemed like a good price. No memory card though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Popped into HMV in Grafton Street yesterday and they had a couple of PS Vita's on sale for €99.99. Seemed like a good price. No memory card though.

Which Vita? The original or new?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Just reserved PS4, Witcher 3 and Bloodborne for €349.99 in Argos! Happy Days! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

Bloody hell.. that's a great deal.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,396 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

tok9 wrote: »
    Bloodbourne hell.. that's a great deal.

Fyp. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

tok9 wrote: »
    Bloody hell.. that's a great deal.

It was meant to be €369.99 but it went through for €349.99, just hope I can get it for that price when I go to get it!

• Registered Users Posts: 15 Tigercreed

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Which Vita? The original or new?

I got one at lunchtime. They had a few left in stock. Its the original 3G/wifi model. Model number PCH - 1103.

They also had loads of ps move controllers going cheap too.

• Advertisement

Im kinda tempted to get a vita cos of the whole ps+ malarkey. I haven't been stockpiling like I should have each month though so will only have the games going forward.

D'you reckon its worth a 99 euro punt?

Im kinda tempted to get a vita cos of the whole ps+ malarkey. I haven't been stockpiling like I should have each month though so will only have the games going forward.

D'you reckon its worth a 99 euro punt?

I think so. Thats the reason I got it, have a huge backlog of ps plus games which will only get bigger.

That and for the ps4 remote play

• Closed Accounts Posts: 792 ✭✭✭Topbike77

Is it in all HMV's?

Ronan14 wrote: »
    Is it in all HMV's?

Think it's just the grafton street store. They are clearing a lot of stock because they are moving again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I got a PS4 and the Witcher 3 for €329.99 in Argos. Pretty sweet deal, though I did have to drive an hour to get a copy of the game in stock.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

god's toy wrote: »
    In a store or online?

In a store anyway Argos have it for 60.99 , that's 10 less than a lot of others.

Didn't realise how crazy expensive it still is!

I'm pissed off that games still haven't come down in price since the launch. I'm not paying 65-70 euro on a new game, feck that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

In the UK they have come down but Greece are messing up the exchange rate so we can't take advantage of it.
    I still buy from the UK but just wait longer for the price to drop. Still not breaking my rule of no more than €50 for a game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

In the UK they have come down but Greece are messing up the exchange rate so we can't take advantage of it.
    I still buy from the UK but just wait longer for the price to drop. Still not breaking my rule of no more than €50 for a game.

It's more to do with quantitative easing than Greece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Picked up the PS Vita for €99 in HMV today myself. Never even thought of a memory card, where would be the best / cheapest place online to get one?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

Picked up the PS Vita for €99 in HMV today myself. Never even thought of a memory card, where would be the best / cheapest place online to get one?

Is this in every Xtravision?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

_Redzer_ wrote: »

I'm pissed off that games still haven't come down in price since the launch. I'm not paying 65-70 euro on a new game, feck that!

I hear ya. Shocking price for any game... I only got it after friends were/are still playing it daily and seeing how long its out I felt it was justified.

Just wish I knew I had to save my progress manually as I had to restart the prolog about 5 times!! Grr..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

_Redzer_ wrote: »

GTA is not a game that would come down in price quickly, unless GTA VI is on the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Kenjataimu wrote: »
    Is this in every Xtravision?

I don't think so. They are moving store so as someone said above, it's a stock clearence, there were no 3G ones left but they did have a few wifi only yesterday morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

The order 1886 blackwater edition is €49.99 in gamestop

• Registered Users Posts: 1,051 ✭✭✭winston82

Fifa 15 €25 on the PS Store, Madden 15 €21.

Battlefield €15

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Playstation TV now reduced to €55 by Sony. available now in Smyths at that price

ffocused wrote: »
    Playstation TV now reduced to €55 by Sony. available now in Smyths at that price

Is it worth getting?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Is it worth getting?

honestly I'd say yes. Realistically you're talking double the price, you need a memory card and a controller but after that, if you have a good catalog of games and an extra tv, its definitely a good investment.

I'm very happy with my one which is hooked up to my bedroom tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Is it worth getting?

If you already have a Ps4 it's a good buy for playing in another room with no extra expense for memory card or controller.
    I have 2 vitas in the house already & playing vita games on a big TV holds no appeal for me.

I will pick one up myself for a bedroom TV, one negative is that you cannot stream Netflix on remote play to a vita, so it probably does not work on the Ps TV either.

• Advertisement

ffocused wrote: »
    If you already have a Ps4 it's a good buy for playing in another room with no extra expense for memory card or controller.
    I have 2 vitas in the house already & playing vita games on a big TV holds no appeal for me.

I will pick one up myself for a bedroom TV, one negative is that you cannot stream Netflix on remote play to a vita, so it probably does not work on the Ps TV either.

I forgot it plays Vita games, I was thinking more for playing a PS4 elsewhere, if I'm near Smyths I might pick it up.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement