Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Is it worth getting?

I picked one up in the Smyths last week, it plays Witcher 3 well on the other TV.

You'll need decent broadband, but one thing is that I had to connect the PS4 controller to the PS TV with the usb cable for it to sync. When I went back to the PS4 to play it, I had to sync the controller again with the PS4 which is a pain. I read that you can can sync a PS3 controller with the PS TV so I might try that!

As also said you cant use Apps like Netflix which would have been nice, maybe a firmware update will make it possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

branners69 wrote: »
    I picked one up in the Smyths last week, it plays Witcher 3 well on the other TV.

You'll need decent broadband, but one thing is that I had to connect the PS4 controller to the PS TV with the usb cable for it to sync. When I went back to the PS4 to play it, I had to sync the controller again with the PS4 which is a pain. I read that you can can sync a PS3 controller with the PS TV so I might try that!

As also said you cant use Apps like Netflix which would have been nice, maybe a firmware update will make it possible.

I'm with UPC so hopefully they don't f up as they are like lately, I'll try pick one up tomorrow, be handy for the PES matches with mates in the living room or kitchen than smushed into my gaming room.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Can you remote play from another location?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

I got the Argos deal for the PS4, The Witcher and Bloodborne today. The witcher is out of stock but they said I can collect it when it back in. Think the deal runs till June 2, great price IMO, and converted a 13 year xbox fanboy to PS :P

Probably gonna sell bloodborne straight away though, not my kind of game!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I got the Argos deal for the PS4, The Witcher and Bloodborne today. The witcher is out of stock but they said I can collect it when it back in. Think the deal runs till June 2, great price IMO, and converted a 13 year xbox fanboy to PS :P

Probably gonna sell bloodborne straight away though, not my kind of game!

You should give it a go first, it is one of the best games of the year, it might surprise you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭Donnelly117

Xenji wrote: »
    You should give it a go first, it is one of the best games of the year, it might surprise you.

I gave it an hour, I was hopeless, literally stuck spawning at the 1st lamp every few minutes :o I dont doubt its a great game, the visuals and environment and that are fantastic, but my god did they turn the difficulty up to 11 :D

I pride myself on having finished some super hard games on their highest setting but i dont think id get far on this. Ill give it one last go over the weekend though :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,672 ✭✭✭tonydude

I gave it an hour, I was hopeless, literally stuck spawning at the 1st lamp every few minutes :o I dont doubt its a great game, the visuals and environment and that are fantastic, but my god did they turn the difficulty up to 11 :D

I pride myself on having finished some super hard games on their highest setting but i dont think id get far on this. Ill give it one last go over the weekend though :D

Having played 100 of hours of the souls games, the number one tip to get you through it is to know where you have to go, check the forum here and ask,

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Yup - and go and level up as soon as you can...
    It will mean some grinding but it will make it easier to survive as the game goes on.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭James Forde

Taltos wrote: »
    Yup - and go and level up as soon as you can...
    It will mean some grinding but it will make it easier to survive as the game goes on.

This.

Probably spent a week trying to get passed the first lamp. Fantastic game, frustratingly hard at times but the community is great & you can always coop for help.

Never played a souls game before.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 v074

Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is just €15.00 for the PS Vita on PSN. It ends today!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

v074 wrote: »
    Call of Duty: Black Ops Declassified is just €15.00 for the PS Vita on PSN. It ends today!

Good, let it end and never return.

It's a really bad game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭ffocused

Telltale Games Collection reduced to €35 for PS+ subscribers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Just picked up the last €50 psn card for €9 in Harvey Norman swords, might be worth checking other branches

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

wilser wrote: »
    Just picked up the last €50 psn card for €9 in Harvey Norman swords, might be worth checking other branches

Is this an error when scanned in? I rang blanchardstown but they said they were selling at normal price?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Fakman87 wrote: »
    Is this an error when scanned in? I rang blanchardstown but they said they were selling at normal price?

No error, it was marked as "only one left special price €9" they also had a €20 card for €14

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

Annoyingly the missus had planned to get a PS4 for me for my birthday next month. I had my eyes on that Witcher bundle at 350 or whatever it was from Argos. Its gone now and there's no deal to replace it. Hope Argos come out with another deal in the neat future. I don't really mind what the game is, I'll just trade it on CEX for something else if I don't want. It'd hurt though to pay 60 quid more for a console with no game next month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Annoyingly the missus had planned to get a PS4 for me for my birthday next month.

So had mine so I picked it up for her with Witcher and Bloodborne. But I couldnt wait til next month so I started playing Bloodborne. I'll give her the PS4 the night before my birthday so she can wrap it for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,042 ✭✭✭zl1whqvjs75cdy

branners69 wrote: »
    So had mine so I picked it up for her with Witcher and Bloodborne. But I couldnt wait til next month so I started playing Bloodborne. I'll give her the PS4 the night before my birthday so she can wrap it for me!

Should have done that. Was in Argos and all three weeks ago. Ah well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Annoyingly the missus had planned to get a PS4 for me for my birthday next month. I had my eyes on that Witcher bundle at 350 or whatever it was from Argos. Its gone now and there's no deal to replace it. Hope Argos come out with another deal in the neat future. I don't really mind what the game is, I'll just trade it on CEX for something else if I don't want. It'd hurt though to pay 60 quid more for a console with no game next month.

Might find better models after they are (hopefully) announced next week at E3?

Could be a blessing in disguise!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

FIFA 15 Digital Deluxe edition is €24.99 on the store (Includes 2200 Gold Coins for in game Purchase)
    Pro Evo Soccer 2015 Digital Deluxe edition for €19.99

Both on the PSN store.

I cant decide which one i want to get tho :(

jonny24ie wrote: »
    FIFA 15 Digital Deluxe edition is €24.99 on the store (Includes 2200 Gold Coins for in game Purchase)
    Pro Evo Soccer 2015 Digital Deluxe edition for €19.99

Both on the PSN store.

I cant decide which one i want to get tho :(

Get both. Treat yourself, you deserve it! :)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Get both. Treat yourself, you deserve it! :)

Cant afford both at the moment tho :( its one or the other. Im saving for new pc parts haha

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Cant afford both at the moment tho :( its one or the other. Im saving for new pc parts haha

I'd go for PES, much better imo, more realistic altho you don't have the official team names in PS4 version.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

FIFA all day long sadly. I wish Pro Evo was better but it just isn't.

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I'd go for PES, much better imo, more realistic altho you don't have the official team names in PS4 version.
    Beefy78 wrote: »
    FIFA all day long sadly. I wish Pro Evo was better but it just isn't.

Argggghhhh, yis arent making this easy :P

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

100% FIFA!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Defintely PES!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,012 ✭✭✭Kerplunk124

Fifa always

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

FIFA is getting worse, and Pro Evo is getting better. That's about as objective as this year's debate gets.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement