Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Yea - lets not go down a FIFA V PES road :)
    You cant lose with whichever you choose at those prices

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Got my hopes up when I saw the words 'Flash Sale on European PSN store'. Sadly Bloodbourne is the only game in the flash sale

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

There are two football games out each year. I like football games. Each year I buy or rent both of them to see which one I like the best. I play that game all year until the new versions are out. Rinse, repeat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Got my hopes up when I saw the words 'Flash Sale on European PSN store'. Sadly Bloodbourne is the only game in the flash sale

Yeah that was the way it was worded on the playstation blog seeing as its a weekend only discount.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Yea - lets not go down a FIFA V PES road :)
    You cant lose with whichever you choose at those prices

Rather than drag this thread off topic I have setup a new thread with a Poll. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

FIFA is getting worse, and Pro Evo is getting better. That's about as objective as this year's debate gets.

I would say FIFA is standing still and PES is improving leaps and bounds from being woeful.

imo this year FIFA still has it by a good way but if PES keeps improving I might convert over...

hots wrote: »
    I would say FIFA is standing still and PES is improving leaps and bounds from being woeful.

imo this year FIFA still has it by a good way but if PES keeps improving I might convert over...

FIFA has gotten worse every years since 2010.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

No it really hasn't. The change to defending was after that and that made the game massively better.

The criticism of the series is surely now that it takes small incremental steps forward, it certainly hasn't gone backwards though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,200 ✭✭✭hots

FIFA has gotten worse every years since 2010.

Really? Haven't we had the defending and passing changes in that time? Shooting is a bit more varied since the old R1 finesse / same lobs every time.

It was easier in the past but far more formulaic than it is now. I'm no great advocate either, like Madden they're a lazy shower who can site on their laurels easily.

Beefy78 wrote: »
    No it really hasn't. The change to defending was after that and that made the game massively better.

The criticism of the series is surely now that it takes small incremental steps forward, it certainly hasn't gone backwards though.

FIFA 10 is a better game than FIFA 15, in the same way that Pro Evo 6 is a better game that Pro Evo 15. Yes, of course the new games offer a better footballing experience, and in that respect you're right, they're 'better' games. But they are not better games when you consider the resources the developers had at their disposal in the interim. FIFA has been a let down for years now because EA refuse to address its sluggishness. Or more likely, that sluggishness and weighty feel is part of the game's systems, and to hell with anyone that doesn't like it. At least this year's Pro Evo is looking back at its successes in order to move forward. So I'll concede this argument. The current releases are better than their predecessors, but both, and particularly FIFA, are lazy, leaden cash-cows that need shaking up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 358 ✭✭AtticusFinch86

Have both. One on Xbox, other on PS.

ProEvo in my opinion is much more polished from a gameplay point of view. In game action much more realistic and satisfying. That's not to say Fifa is terrible, it's just not as good in my opinion.

In terms of replayability and ability to keep you playing, I'd say Fifa snags it. Much more diversity in terms of game modes. Fifa Ultimate team is very addictive and will keep you hooked for months. Pro Evo's attempt at something similar (can't remember the name of the game mode) is woeful to be honest.

I also found it much easier to get matches online on Fifa. It may be my network settings but with pro evo, I only get a game after 2-3 attempts attempts at finding a match. It may also be that Pro evo is just not as popular and therefore there are less potential games available.

The ideal footie game for me would have Pro Evo gameplay (and maybe graphics) mixed with the variety of depth of Fifa's game modes and licensing. As well as the EA servers.

In terms of replayability and ability to keep you playing, I'd say Fifa snags it.

Especially if you're into playing on your own. I'm part of a dying breed of gamers that still enjoy a Career/Master League mode. FIFA's has been better for a long, long time. FIFA gets a lot of stick for having the presentation and sponsorship but not the gameplay. However, with their Career Mode, it was actually the bells and whistles that kept me playing, because it was a believable world and it made me want to keep playing, despite not really enjoying the core gameplay. That says a lot.

I want FIFA's Career Mode, sponsorship and presentation, with Pro Evo's gameplay and Champions League rights. My god. I'm drooling on myself.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 250 ✭✭innthe

The Last Of Us Remastered (US Account) - €11.25 - CDKeys (Facebook Like)
    That's a lot of game for this price

I envy those who are about to witness a piece of gaming legend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,112 ✭✭✭wilser

Tomb raider definitive collection for the ps4 is €14 in Harvey Norman swords atm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know is there anywhere in Ireland where you can get that 24inch Sony Playstation 3DTV it is fairly cheap in the states haven't even really seen it mentioned about or seen it since it's launched (must have been an epic fail)... However would love to get my hands on one especially if it can be got at the american price which is here:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-playstation-3d-display-1?z=skip&utm_medium=afl&utm_source=GPN&utm_campaign=201080&mediaId=261317&sid=0609ignemailP3D&wid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,276 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I remember it was in Smyths for a while with the price dropping at one point. Seem to have stopped selling now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Anyone know is there anywhere in Ireland where you can get that 24inch Sony Playstation 3DTV it is fairly cheap in the states haven't even really seen it mentioned about or seen it since it's launched (must have been an epic fail)... However would love to get my hands on one especially if it can be got at the american price which is here:

https://www.groupon.com/deals/gg-playstation-3d-display-1?z=skip&utm_medium=afl&utm_source=GPN&utm_campaign=201080&mediaId=261317&sid=0609ignemailP3D&wid=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.ign.com

Spotted one on adverts http://www.adverts.ie/6928446

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Was surprised to see it as I never heard of it really. Discontinued product, and the price ($129) is for refurbished model.

The fact it is discontinued now means it wasn't that great I guess.

The price on Sony website was $149 at the end ;):

http://store.sony.com/playstation-3d-display-zid27-PS398078/cat-27-catid-EOL-PlayStation-3

€250 on adverts? I wouldn't touch it.

Given how little publicity it got, and how "unpopular" it is, I wouldn't bother tbh.

wonski wrote: »
    Was surprised to see it as I never heard of it really. Discontinued product, and the price ($129) is for refurbished model.

The fact it is discontinued now means it wasn't that great I guess.

The price on Sony website was $149 at the end ;):

http://store.sony.com/playstation-3d-display-zid27-PS398078/cat-27-catid-EOL-PlayStation-3

€250 on adverts? I wouldn't touch it.

Given how little publicity it got, and how "unpopular" it is, I wouldn't bother tbh.

I think it's lack in sales was the original price tag of 500euro / 500$ ... Was way too much for such a small screen, I paid 550euro for a 40inch 3DTV although it was plasma about a year before this was announced...

I loved that TV but had to get rid of it sadly so maybe this TV cheap would be decent... If it was priced at 150euro here refurbished I would most likely get it...

I think I tried adverts a while back but didn't see it but anyways think 250 is a bit steep too since it doesn't seem that popular ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,437 ✭✭✭Crucifix

black flag for 15 bucks seems good, i remember hearing positive things about it, but i feel like it's one of those things i'd buy then never get around to actually playing

• Registered Users Posts: 7,160 ✭✭✭tok9

I made the mistake of buying it relatively close to the PS4 launch due to all the good praise.

Thought it was just the same as the others. So very boring in other words.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Is LA Noire as bad as I heard it is? Seems a decent amount of game for £6.49 now it has been reduced.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Crucifix wrote: »
    black flag for 15 bucks seems good, i remember hearing positive things about it, but i feel like it's one of those things i'd buy then never get around to actually playing

I put about 80 hours into it. Finished it to 91%, not bothering with the online part. I had done all the previous ones, apart from ACIII, but this was brilliant, IMO.

Crucifix wrote: »

Its one of the better Assassins Creed games. Much better than the 3rd or unity.
    For €15 its definitely worth it

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Is LA Noire as bad as I heard it is? Seems a decent amount of game for £6.49 now it has been reduced.

Was ok - But its very linear and the missions do become repetitive. The concept is good, id say its a 6-7/10.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

wilser wrote: »
    Tomb raider definitive collection for the ps4 is €14 in Harvey Norman swords atm

Cheers for the heads up! I think I got the last Tomb Raider and I also picked up Lego Marvels Super Heroes for €7!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

branners69 wrote: »
    Cheers for the heads up! I think I got the last Tomb Raider and I also picked up Lego Marvels Super Heroes for €7!

Nice!! little jealous now :D

Picked up Sleeping Dogs Definitive on the store for 12euro can't wait to play, never got the chance to finish it on PC... Also picked up Hotline Miami for 2.50 so not bad for under 15euro for both...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

Is Miami hotline good, always wondered about it

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement