Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

mickstupp wrote: »
    I was looking forward to Arkham Knight until I watched the GiantBomb quicklook. The weird way the Batmobile looks like it's bobbing along started giving me motion sickness. Is that something you can turn off in the options, does anyone know?

The Batmobile is fantastic. I watched a few videos before i bought the game and thought the same as you and that it looked a bit slidey and floaty (like the GTA IV cars) but its not at all. Fantastic game but once you get your grapple gliding fully upgraded you wont want to get into the Batmobile again unless you have to :D

You get to BE the Batman.

(yes, i love this game)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Updates are waiting :P

Not off to a good start.

Didn't get a chance to open up and set up last night but didn't this morning.

And.....

On opening the bundle pack, there's no game in the box. FFS. Now I have to go back to Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,276 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

You sure it's not a pre install/code? Should say on the box what's included. Or maybe you already checked that, so just ignore me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

faceman wrote: »
    Not off to a good start.

Didn't get a chance to open up and set up last night but didn't this morning.

And.....

On opening the bundle pack, there's no game in the box. FFS. Now I have to go back to Argos.

hqdefault.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,647 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

CastorTroy wrote: »
    You sure it's not a pre install/code? Should say on the box what's included. Or maybe you already checked that, so just ignore me.

Yeah says on box game should be included

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah says on box game should be included

It could be a code on a card with your manuals etc

jonny24ie wrote: »
    It could be a code on a card with your manuals etc

Nah already rang the store and they confirmed it should have been in the box.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Nah already rang the store and they confirmed it should have been in the box.

Yeah, mine came in the box.

Right, have the PS4 up and running, and signed up to PS+.
    Any must have games I need to get?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

infacteh wrote: »
    Yeah, mine came in the box.

Right, have the PS4 up and running, and signed up to PS+.
    Any must have games I need to get?

All your free games with your PS+ :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

infacteh wrote:
    Right, have the PS4 up and running, and signed up to PS+. Any must have games I need to get?

Bloodborne.

• Advertisement

All your free games with your PS+ :)

Yeah, downloading Driveclub and Metal Gear Solid 5 atm, I can see why everyone is upgrading the hard-drives straight away!!!

Anyone recommend a good hard-drive?

Yeah, downloading Driveclub and Metal Gear Solid 5 atm, I can see why everyone is upgrading the harddrives straight away!!!

Theres a few free games light blacklight that are fun for a change.

sweetie wrote: »
    Bloodborne.

Yeah, I saw the trailers for that. Lives up to the potential so?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

Picked up Retro City Rampage for 3.99 today. Loads of fun and you can't argue with that price

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Theres a few free games light blacklight that are fun for a change.

I'd try Warframe or Planetside 2 over Blacklight to be honest.
    Planetside 2 is still finding it's feet and pretty good for a free MMO shooter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Dark Souls 2 on PS4 in Smyths today for €29.99

Considering 95%+ of the games in there, including many that had previously been reduced, were all freshly marked €64.99, it looked like a reasonable buy :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Yeah, I saw the trailers for that. Lives up to the potential so?

I think it's generally considered to be the first truly next-gen title. Have you played any of the Souls game before? if not you may find Bloodborne to be an acquired taste, i.e. unbelievably difficult, to the point where you feel like slaughtering your best friend's wife and children.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 374 ✭✭Jjiipp79

Looking for fallout3 ps3....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is down to €29.99 new in Gamestop today for PS4

Picked it up to give it a go :)

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

amadablam wrote: »
    Call of Duty Advanced Warfare is down to €29.99 new in Gamestop today for PS4

Picked it up to give it a go :)

Well worth it at that price. Some people are fed up with cod but aw has one of the best single player campaigns of all the cods and the online is as good as ever if not to everyone's taste with the new additions of back packs etc.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

da gamer wrote: »
    Well worth it at that price. Some people are fed up with cod but aw has one of the best single player campaigns of all the cods and the online is as good as ever if not to everyone's taste with the new additions of back packs etc.

It's fair to say that all of the COD games are good, but what gets it a bad name is that they are virtually all the same, and slightly regressing with each title. Had AW, and for people who haven't played a COD in a while, it's fine for €30.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

martyos121 wrote: »
    It's fair to say that all of the COD games are good, but what gets it a bad name is that they are virtually all the same, and slightly regressing with each title. Had AW, and for people who haven't played a COD in a while, it's fine for €30.

I thought the campaign game was brilliant and possibly one of the best looking (graphics wise) games I've played on the PS4.

Traded in then and didn't bother with the multi-player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Have to admit it bored me half way through and I gave it away.

Decent deal here from Gamestop, 1TB PS4 and a PS TV for €400

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Taltos wrote: »

I bought it, played three hours and then traded it in later that day. It takes itself way too seriously. Any humour is unintentional.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,224 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Decent deal here from Gamestop, 1TB PS4 and a PS TV for €400
    Similar deal in Xtra-vision, but you also get a €20-off voucher for Batman: Arkham Knight (currently €70 on their website :eek: -- €75 in GameStop! :eek: :eek:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

Similar deal in Xtra-vision, but you also get a €20-off voucher for Batman: Arkham Knight (currently €70 on their website :eek: -- €75 in GameStop! :eek: :eek:)
    The price of games now are crazy €75 for a game.I wait for price drops now can't afford paying them prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

rob808 wrote: »
    The price of games now are crazy €75 for a game.I wait for price drops now can't afford paying them prices.

Only a fool would pay it. There are plenty of cheaper alternatives to those rip off merchants.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

Taltos wrote: »

I got it on amazon for €39. Finished the campaign then traded it in cex for €40. Someone on here had posted it in the BA forum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,099 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

next lot of games on digital summer Sale on store now.
    Life is Strange Complete Season Pass reduced from €19.99 to €15.99, Season Pass (Eps 2-5) €13.59 and episode 1 only €2.49

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/summer-of-digital/cid=STORE-MSF75508-DIGITAL072015%7C%7C

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement