Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,875 ✭✭✭✭MugMugs

I refuse to pay retail for those games. €50 was bad enough. €75 is obscene.

Is Amazon the best place to pick up games for a decent price now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

amadablam wrote: »
    Dark Souls 2 on PS4 in Smyths today for €29.99

Considering 95%+ of the games in there, including many that had previously been reduced, were all freshly marked €64.99, it looked like a reasonable buy :D

Traded in The Order & DS2 (PS3 version) and picked this up for just 8 euro. Very happy at that price. Looking forwards to going back in a few weeks when I clear my backlog a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,209 ✭✭✭Redzer7

MugMugs wrote: »

Buying games on the store between two accounts is your best bet. Newest games for €30 etc. Can't trade them in though that's the downfall.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

I get all mine now in Argos; new releases usually around 60 quid

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

PS4 Console, Bloodborne, extra controller and PS camera for €389 delivered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

With the exchange rate the way it is, Amazon is hit and miss now, but you will get good prices on remastered and older games, Argos and VGP is where I do all my business at the moment for new games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

For new releases, I found that super markets like Tesco and Supervalu are the best places on price.

• Registered Users Posts: 328 ✭✭Thar_Cian

I'm guessing this offer doesn't work with Irish accounts, but does anyone know of any euro alternative?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,482 ✭✭✭brianregan09

I find amazon the best to be honest as long as you don't want the game on release day you're grand paid 53 euro i think it was for Batman where as Gamestop wanted 75 for it , They can take a long run and jump off the nearest peer if they think there getting anything like that off me, Basically you're paying the bones of 100 quid nearly and that is ****ing robbery

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Is Life is Strange worth a purchase?
    Like the telltale games so wondering how does this compare to them. Played the demo which was interested if a little I dunno clichéd

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

Arkham Knight is £32.55 (~€46) on the game collection if you use the code BIRTHDAY10

http://www.thegamecollection.net/batman-arkham-knight-ps4.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,498 ✭✭✭alanhiggyno1

just bought destiny 20 euro gamestop pre owned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,585 ✭✭✭Jerichoholic

just bought destiny 20 euro gamestop pre owned

Got it recently myself, I can feel a full on addiction brewing.

Got it recently myself, I can feel a full on addiction brewing.
    ya its brilliant.u have to get to level 5 to play multiplayer though:(

Just hit level 5 today, but I'm happy enough going on patrol missions to level up before trying anything too wild. There's a lot of scary freaks lurking in those buildings.

Just hit level 5 today, but I'm happy enough going on patrol missions to level up before trying anything too wild. There's a lot of scary freaks lurking in those buildings.
    no different to the real world lol

Fact

I was getting withdrawals symptoms from the lack of football on tv, So I went into Gamestop thinking I'd pick up Fifa15 fairly cheap because 16 be out soon.

Well I was very wrong, cheapest was €44 pre-owned :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Right Turn Clyde

Charlie19 wrote: »
    I was getting withdrawals symptoms from the lack of football on tv, So I went into Gamestop thinking I'd pick up Fifa15 fairly cheap because 16 be out soon.

I went in to get FIFA 14 about a month after FIFA 15 was released. Pre-owned was still €30!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,700 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

ERG89 wrote: »
    Is Life is Strange worth a purchase?
    Like the telltale games so wondering how does this compare to them. Played the demo which was interested if a little I dunno clichéd

It's excellent. Much, much prefer it so far to the Telltale games. Yeah there are rough edges and a few hackneyed moments, but it does an awful lot of really interesting and often really successful things. Very much looking forward to episode 4.

• Advertisement

I went in to get FIFA 14 about a month after FIFA 15 was released. Pre-owned was still €30!

Probably as well trying adverts or something, I had a look on amazon.de and its €25 but by time it gets to me, the new season will be well up and running.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,662 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Where do people think the best value to trade in games is? I never traded in games before with the PS3, but I'm gonna start now with the PS4.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

infacteh wrote: »
    Where do people think the best value to trade in games is? I never traded in games before with the PS3, but I'm gonna start now with the PS4.....

CeX

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

Adverts by a million miles.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Adverts will probably get you the most cash, Cex probably less hassle.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,449 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

UFC game is $9.90 on US PSN store, works out as €9. Perfect way to get warmed up for the fight tonight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,482 ✭✭✭Hollister11

Charlie19 wrote: »

It's cheaper on adverts. There are quite a few between €20 - €30.
    http://www.adverts.ie/for-sale/q_fifa+15/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,475 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Xtravision are alright too, far better prices than GS and not far off CEX for a lot of PS4 games.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

Last Of Us Remastered on PS4 is under €10 with a Facebook like on CD Keys. It's an American code but it's easy to do and well worth it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

That's tremendous value. Cheers!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement