Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Go with PES, it's much better.

Will pick it up later in the year, but for now its going to be Fifa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

I tried both PES and FIFA demo's ... I simply don't have the patience for how bad PES really has been, and what it has become ... I have no idea how it has got better reviews than FIFA ... PES was good back when PES 6 was released but ever since it added yearly titles to the name it has just been poor and poor ... I guess it has made more improvements since 2010 and so people now believe it to be a good game because it has improved so much on it's predecessor's while FIFA is usually just the same old same old, at least FIFA does it right every year and hasn't really had a really bad game since before 2008 in my opinion anyway ...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

I tried both PES and FIFA demo's ... I simply don't have the patience for how bad PES really has been, and what it has become ... I have no idea how it has got better reviews than FIFA ... PES was good back when PES 6 was released but ever since it added yearly titles to the name it has just been poor and poor ... I guess it has made more improvements since 2010 and so people now believe it to be a good game because it has improved so much on it's predecessor's while FIFA is usually just the same old same old, at least FIFA does it right every year and hasn't really had a really bad game since before 2008 in my opinion anyway ...

I don't know what your talking about, 2006 killed the series for me and never picked up a PES since that until around 14, it had been FIFA every year but after PES2015 I just can't go back to FIFA, terrible animations, bouncy ball gameplay and boring career modes.

As for FIFA they've had a fair few bad games in my opinion, 10, 12 and 14 were rubbish and then the cash in World Cup and Euro games.

I don't know what your talking about, 2006 killed the series for me and never picked up a PES since that until around 14, it had been FIFA every year but after PES2015 I just can't go back to FIFA, terrible animations, bouncy ball gameplay and boring career modes.

As for FIFA they've had a fair few bad games in my opinion, 10, 12 and 14 were rubbish and then the cash in World Cup and Euro games.

I haven't played a decent PES since PES 6... PES 2010 / 09 was so easy to score you could almost shoot from halfway and get a goal.. Maybe they have sorted that out by now though...I don't see how 2014 overtook FIFA for you, the gameplay just seems always pretty pathetic, yeah it's getting a bit better but it's nowhere near as good as FIFA imo... Me and mate downloaded demo gave it a shot and we couldn't even finish a half a game because we the gameplay was that bad...

I don't play Fifa career to be fair it's more aimed towards online gameplay and local play... Well World Cup and Euro games have and always will be a disappointment...

• Registered Users Posts: 22 paulo84

All Tomb Raider games for Vita (PSP/PS one classics) are currently €3.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

I think for me I'd be picking up FIFA if I hadn't played a football game for a few years.

Having owned FIFA 15 though, the game is a shameless copy, paste and minimally improve.

Almost like two review scores for me, 9/10 for new FIFA players, 6/10 for repeat players.

To keep the bargains element of the thread going..

https://www.gamestop.co.uk/PlayStation%204/Games/46259/ratchet-and-clank?&utm_source=tradedoubler

Pretty cheap pre-order for the new Ratchett and Clank game. Although with no release date it's a bit of a shot in the dark. Being R&C though, you'll know it'll be good.

I haven't played a decent PES since PES 6... PES 2010 / 09 was so easy to score you could almost shoot from halfway and get a goal.. Maybe they have sorted that out by now though...I don't see how 2014 overtook FIFA for you, the gameplay just seems always pretty pathetic, yeah it's getting a bit better but it's nowhere near as good as FIFA imo... Me and mate downloaded demo gave it a shot and we couldn't even finish a half a game because we the gameplay was that bad...

I don't play Fifa career to be fair it's more aimed towards online gameplay and local play... Well World Cup and Euro games have and always will be a disappointment...

I guess it's a preference thing, although I can also score from the halfway line in some FIFA games, saved the replays haha, you could score from tip off... the way I see it is PES is like EA Skate where FIFA is the Tony Hawk...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lads...Stop the chit chat. It's a bargain alert page,

Dying light ,€29.99 ,
    http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3469026/c_1/1|category_root|Video%2Bgames|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|PS4|37328275/c_3/4|cat_37328275|PS4%2Bgames|37328632.htm

ps, If your looking for " Tearaway Unfolded " ...keep an eye here,
    https://ie.webuy.com/product.php?sku=711719801047#.VgpzPJfzyUk

I got the only one in stock so far. It cost me €25 delivered as I had a €3 voucher . You can play it and trade it in somewhere else and get most of your cash back . I know that Smyths are giving €18 cash or €30 credit.

I placed the order 30mins ago and its been posted to me already. Cex are fast at the posting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

Agreed! Keep it to bargains guys.
    Getting way too many pointless topic updates in my email.

• Advertisement

Tried to pick it up last week, was sold out so settled for Destiny for €15 in XtraVision... Might pick it up later this week if still in stock, only 1 left in Letterkenny...

No real rush into buying actually as I see this:

Current selling price valid until 15/01/2016

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

500gb PS4 with Destiny the taken king down to 299.99 at argos

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

Faker74 wrote: »

Looks like this is the older 500GB edition of the PS4 for those who might be interested.

Looks like this is the older 500GB edition of the PS4 for those who might be interested.

I don't think thats correct, the console on the box is the all matte black finish so it should be the new version.

I don't think thats correct, the console on the box is the all matte black finish so it should be the new version.

Doesn't matter which version it is, 300 quid is a great price for a PS4, Destiny I'd sell right away tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,192 ✭✭✭Ken Shamrock

Would 500 GB be enough to play all the games you want and throw a bit of music etc?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

Would 500 GB be enough to play all the games you want and throw a bit of music etc?

Yeah loads, I've about 3,000 songs on a hard drive that equates to about 30gb

Games are 30-50gb if they're just on the hard drive

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You could get the 500 gig hdd and then put in your own 2 tb hdd, you will be surprised how quickly you can fill up space on the PS4.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

If you Google the image from the Argos page you can get a bigger version which lists it as a CUH-1116A, it's the CUH-12XX series is the new one. Maybe I'm wrong, I actually hope I am because I'd buy it if it was.
    Doesn't matter which version it is, 300 quid is a great price for a PS4, Destiny I'd sell right away tho.

Oh I'm not saying it's not a bargain, just if anyone went to buy it because they thought it was the new 500GB it'd be a slight disappointment. (Again caveat if it is the older version)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,108 ✭✭✭johnnysmack

I picked up destiny the legendary edition which includes original destiny, the 2 expansions and the taken king from HMV today for €60. Its €70 from the PS store and €80 in Gamestop. I thought it was a bargain anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Shadow Warrior is 7.99 euros for download if you have ps plus.
    Is it good?
    Is it worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

1tb PS4 is going on amazon.de for €300.
    Its the old version according to HKUD.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,317 ✭✭✭CombatCow

Yeah it's not bad, it's a pretty long game and the story is nonsense so I ended up skipping all the mid-end game cutscenes, but I guess it's more-so about the combat which is fun.

If you Google the image from the Argos page you can get a bigger version which lists it as a CUH-1116A, it's the CUH-12XX series is the new one. Maybe I'm wrong, I actually hope I am because I'd buy it if it was.

Oh I'm not saying it's not a bargain, just if anyone went to buy it because they thought it was the new 500GB it'd be a slight disappointment. (Again caveat if it is the older version)

Hmm interesting, I was under the impression that basically most of the stock for 500GB PS4s was all the new version at this point. And like I said, the image on the box (at least the small version on the argos site) does appear to have the matte black finish, and I thought matte black was a guarantee of the quieter, more efficient hardware version!

Sleeping Dogs Definitive Edition on PS4 only £10.

One of my favourite games in the last few years.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/triple-whammy-deals.html?utm_medium=email&utm_source=newsletter&utm_campaign=2015-week-40

I picked up destiny the legendary edition which includes original destiny, the 2 expansions and the taken king from HMV today for €60. Its €70 from the PS store and €80 in Gamestop. I thought it was a bargain anyway!

With that pack what is on the disk and what do you redeem bvia download codes?

Someone on the thread (sorry didn't pay attention to their name), was looking to get a PS4 with FIFA, and was wondering should they by the taken King Bundle in Argos, sell the game them buy FIFA as a standalone would that work out cheaper than buying the FIFA PS4 bundle.

Presumably, if a lot of the game content is accessed via DLC, the trade in value of the game will only be equivalent to Destiny itself.

With that pack what is on the disk and what do you redeem bvia download codes?

Someone on the thread (sorry didn't pay attention to their name), was looking to get a PS4 with FIFA, and was wondering should they by the taken King Bundle in Argos, sell the game them buy FIFA as a standalone would that work out cheaper than buying the FIFA PS4 bundle.

Presumably, if a lot of the game content is accessed via DLC, the trade in value of the game will only be equivalent to Destiny itself.

You get basic Destiny disc with code for the 3 addon's .

Anybody know when Argos tend to update the selection / prices on their site?

I know it basically the best game in town for buying a new console, and was hoping to see what they would charge for a PS4 with the Uncharted collection, given its released this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,197 ✭✭✭witnessmenow

Anybody know when Argos tend to update the selection / prices on their site?

I know it basically the best game in town for buying a new console, and was hoping to see what they would charge for a PS4 with the Uncharted collection, given its released this week.

The Ps4 seems to be reduced once a month at this stage, currently its at its cheap cycle, will probably be up in price next week

Thats not to say it wont be reduced again in another few weeks, but I dunno the Destiny bundle for €300 is crazy cheap (Add MGS5 for another €33 is great value too), sell Destiny if you dont want it and pick up uncharted wherever you can get it cheapest

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement