Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SharpCoder wrote: »
    that's the season pass, not the game?

The season pass is the game. It is all of the episodes. Incidentally it is €9.99 on the PSN currently.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection

$45 ,

http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-playstation-4-full-game-download.html

I'm not sure if that's a good price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 973 ✭✭✭Super Sidious

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection

$45 ,

http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-playstation-4-full-game-download.html

I'm not sure if that's a good price.

Great price, it's $60 on PS Store... or €75 in Gamestop/Scamstop, why anyone buys from them is beyond me... but each to their own :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭gryfothegreat

Great price, it's $60 on PS Store... or €75 in Gamestop/Scamstop, why anyone buys from them is beyond me... but each to their own :rolleyes:

Probably because parents who buy games for their kids don't have the time to look for better retailers, and kids themselves don't know that there are any better. It's pure convenience.
    If you're a dedicated gamer, though, you should know to look for better prices.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

Quick question......

.....opinions on best place to buy a PS4 Star Wars Battlefront bundle?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Jawgap wrote: »
    Quick question......

.....opinions on best place to buy a PS4 Star Wars Battlefront bundle?

I'd put money it being Argos when they are released.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Probably because parents who buy games for their kids don't have the time to look for better retailers, and kids themselves don't know that there are any better. It's pure convenience.
    If you're a dedicated gamer, though, you should know to look for better prices.

I paid €80 for Uncharted in there, had no choice :( ****ing theives.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

SMC92Ian wrote: »

There's always a choice. That's pure robbery and they'll keep getting away with it until people say "no more"

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

No game is worth €80, unless it's a serious collectors edition, and like the above poster says, if people continue to pay those prices the likes of gamestop and xtravision will keep charging these silly prices.

I'd put money it being Argos when they are released.

That's what I'm waiting on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The way GameStop have been going lately, I fear we're not that long away from €100 games. It seems they will keep rising their prices until people say "enough".

Shower of bastards to be avoided at all costs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

SMC92Ian wrote: »

I'm interested.Why did you paid that price?

martyos121 wrote: »
    The way GameStop have been going lately, I fear we're not that long away from €100 games. It seems they will keep rising their prices until people say "enough".

Shower of bastards to be avoided at all costs.

The new nba game is €100 on their website, think it's a special edition though. I really hope they sort their pricing out because although I refuse to pay the full price for their new games I love going into my local gamestop and would hate to see them closing down. I still buy alot of games from gamestop, mainly to keep my business local and I only ever buy games that are on sale there.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Picked up Tales of Zestiria, Dragon Quest Heroes and Disgaea 5 last week and paid less than E50 for each of them, it pays to look around all 4 European Amazon stores, VGP and The Game Collection among others, if you have to go bricks and mortar use Argos and Smyths.

da gamer wrote: »
    The new nba game is €100 on their website, think it's a special edition though. I really hope they sort their pricing out because although I refuse to pay the full price for their new games I love going into my local gamestop and would hate to see them closing down. I still buy alot of games from gamestop, mainly to keep my business local and I only ever buy games that are on sale there.

If you want to keep your business local, go to Xtravision. GameStop is a U.S. company and that's where all the money goes. The only thing you're doing is keeping the staff in jobs, which is fair enough, but you're not supporting local business.

At the end of the day, anyone can shop where they like for whatever reasons they like, but personally, GS is the last place in town I'd ever buy a game these days. The shop is tiny, you can barely move around without bumping into someone, all of the sound staff members who were there when it first opened have been replaced with...well..."less sound" staff members, bar one or two, and then of course the prices...

• Registered Users Posts: 359 ✭✭SharpCoder

If you want to keep your business local, go to Xtravision. GameStop is a U.S. company and that's where all the money goes. The only thing you're doing is keeping the staff in jobs, which is fair enough, but you're not supporting local business...

xtravision and hmv are uk owned, not irish, same difference.

SharpCoder wrote: »
    xtravision and hmv are uk owned, not irish, same difference.

Wasn't aware of that, the point about buying local still applies to an extent though, it seems there's no Irish-owned companies to buy games from these days, bar Supervalu for the big releases.

If you want to keep your business local, go to Xtravision. GameStop is a U.S. company and that's where all the money goes. The only thing you're doing is keeping the staff in jobs, which is fair enough, but you're not supporting local business.

At the end of the day, anyone can shop where they like for whatever reasons they like, but personally, GS is the last place in town I'd ever buy a game these days. The shop is tiny, you can barely move around without bumping into someone, all of the sound staff members who were there when it first opened have been replaced with...well..."less sound" staff members, bar one or two, and then of course the prices...

Xtravision is essentially hmv now, uk owned. What I meant by shopping local was keeping local lads in jobs. Now for what I spend there they ain't going to be made up but when they do slash prices the occasional time I buy there. In the last month or so ive gotten littlebigplanet3 on ps4 for €13 new, crimes and punishments ps4 €20 new and a few ps vita titles for a tenner. None AAA titles I suppose but cheaper than anywhere else on the net. Still doesn't justify charging €75+ for new games but they can be good occasionally, just got to watch out for the bargains.

da gamer wrote: »
    No game is worth €80, unless it's a serious collectors edition, and like the above poster says, if people continue to pay those prices the likes of gamestop and xtravision will keep charging these silly prices.

Meh, it's my favourite game and I wasn't waiting for post so GS was the only option as they were the only shop selling the special edition.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Bring back GAME !!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

No game is worth €80?

Street fighter II was about IRL£70 When it came out. Considering how much I've played that game, It was worth it!

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/21/playstation-4-now-available-from-only-349-99299-99/

Price drop now official, 500GB console now has an RRP of EUR349.

Looking forward to what offers the retailers now make to undercut that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

There's always a choice. That's pure robbery and they'll keep getting away with it until people say "no more"

If people are crazy enough to pay €80 for a game they pretty much deserve to get robbed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

I see nothing there that has not already been cheaper or the same price really...for PS4 anyway.

I see nothing there that has not already been cheaper or the same price really...for PS4 anyway.

I'm hoping that maybe the DLC for Evil Within might go on sale as I'm just after finishing that game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

I'm hoping that maybe the DLC for Evil Within might go on sale as I'm just after finishing that game.

I got it a few months ago for half price, well worth it. Keep an eye on other regions (if you have a disc copy of the game)

sweetie wrote: »
    I got it a few months ago for half price, well worth it. Keep an eye on other regions (if you have a disc copy of the game)

Bought it digitally on the PS Store so it'll have to be this region.

Deedsie wrote: »
    If people are crazy enough to pay €80 for a game they pretty much deserve to get robbed.

Like I said, it could only be got in GS.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Zombie Army Trilogy, Until Dawn and Zombi all worth a look at.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement