Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

What would be the cheapest place to get The Phantom Pain to have it before the weekend?

Argos have it for about €60 which seems to be the best of the physical stores.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

FFS, it won't let me purchase anything through the mobile site. Is anyone else having hassle with this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,216 ✭✭✭Ageyev

matrim wrote: »
    What would be the cheapest place to get The Phantom Pain to have it before the weekend?

€50 in Smyths http://www.smythstoys.com/ie/en-ie/video-games-tablets/playstation-3/c-711/ps3-games/p-6560/metal-gear-solid-v-the-phantom-pain-ps3/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 789 ✭✭✭Fakman87

matrim wrote: »

You can get it for 45 for ps4 on adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

Ageyev wrote: »

Thats the ps3 version - Smyths are charging EUR65 for the game on PS4.

• Advertisement

da gamer wrote: »
    Xtravision is essentially hmv now, uk owned. ....

Other way around. HMV pulled out of Ireland and Xtravision took over their stores and branding. HMV in the 26 counties use XV's suppliers hence why there has been a massive fall off in stock levels - the games floor in HMV Grafton St is mostly vinyl players, speakers, electronics and assorted junk toys.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Other way around. HMV pulled out of Ireland and Xtravision took over their stores and branding. HMV in the 26 counties use XV's suppliers hence why there has been a massive fall off in stock levels - the games floor in HMV Grafton St is mostly vinyl players, speakers, electronics and assorted junk toys.

Aye that sounds right. Bunch of ****e in the games these days, no nintendo stuff at all pretty much, missing a fair few new releases for PS4/XB1, shambles it is.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    Like I said, it could only be got in GS.

It could also have been gotten much cheaper than €80 on one of the North American PSN's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Just read this here:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2015/10/21/playstation-4-now-available-from-only-349-99299-99/

Very good news indeed, as I was looking for second hand one and willing to pay €250

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭brianorourke

Anyone know where it's cheapest to buy a 20th anniversary controller?

Does the Resident Evil super bundle have the HD remake and Director's Cut ?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Anyone know where it's cheapest to buy a 20th anniversary controller?

VGP or Play-Asia.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

lertsnim wrote: »
    It could also have been gotten much cheaper than €80 on one of the North American PSN's.

Did you read what I bought, The Uncharted Trilogy Special Edition so no, no it couldn't of.

Also physical is always better than digital.

Did you read what I bought, The Uncharted Trilogy Special Edition so no, no it couldn't of.

Also physical is always better than digital.

I misread your post. Sorry if it upset you.

Out of curiosity, why is physical always better than digital? Trading in games means nothing to me.

Out of curiosity, why is physical always better than digital? Trading in games means nothing to me.

Heaven forbid, the servers to download games ever get shutdown (speaking as an old PS3 user here...). Physical space for discs is easier (wrt storage) than digital hard drive space. Digital games you have to download then install, discs you load and install whatever is necessary.

Aside from trading in games to shops, many people sell on their consoles + games afterwards or pass them on to family/friends. Thee are arguments for and against eg. stock in-store is an issue with discs, losing a disc etc. but if download is quicker than waiting for a deliverythen there's that...

None of the above bothers me.

What servers for downloading bought games were shut down on the PS3?

HDD space isn't an issue as I have a 2TB drive in my PS4 and when I finish a game it is deleted.

I have no problem downloading games. They download in the background on the PS4 so I can play something else or leave the console in standby while I do something in the real world.

Many people sell on their consoles? I never have and still use my PS3 regularly and play games I bought digitally.

I can see the merits of having a game on disc, I have a few myself but it is silly to completely dismiss digital copies. At the end of the day the deciding factor for me is the cost of the game. If it is cheaper digitally then that is where I am buying it.

What servers for downloading bought games were shut down on the PS3?

None afaik but heaven forbid Sony goes out of business in twenty years what rights do consumers have? (not rhetorical, don't actually know the answer to this). Might seem an absurd proposition but large companies do go under, granted the prospect of Sony hitting the wall seems far fetched but there are people who cherish their decades old physical media.

Many people sell on their consoles? I never have and still use my PS3 regularly and play games I bought digitally.

Well there are PS3 bundles on Adverts so yeah I guess they do.
    I can see the merits of having a game on disc, I have a few myself but it is silly to completely dismiss digital copies. At the end of the day the deciding factor for me is the cost of the game. If it is cheaper digitally then that is where I am buying it.

I am the same but if there's only a fiver in the difference and/or I can wait for a digital price drop I'll download.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Physical and Digital both take up the exact same size on the PS4 HDD.

Games dont run off the disk anymore,its used to validate your copy of the game and the initial install but thats about it.

So clearly I don't understand retail.

On Tuesday Argos were selling the 500GB PS4 (ignoring the bundles) for EUR 379.99 (i.e. EUR 20 below the RRP of EUR 399.99).

On Wednesday Sony announce a new RRP of EUR 349.99.

On Thursday Argos change the price to EUR 444.99!

(I assume prices have updated on their UK site and they are just doing a straight currency conversion, rather than pricing to the market).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Argos consoles were severely underpriced in Ireland compared to UK for at least a year. Maybe they've finally copped.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

After having my PP hacked and then cancelled then Sony went ahead and banned me from PSN so all my purchased games were gone and couldn't be played, never again... physical always, and it's always much cheaper than digital.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

After having my PP hacked and then cancelled then Sony went ahead and banned me from PSN so all my purchased games were gone and couldn't be played, never again... physical always, and it's always much cheaper than digital.

Surely you should have challenged that?

My Xbox Live account got hacked once. MS had to lock it for about a week while they investigated but once they sorted me out I was free to use my account again. Couldn't fault MS on that one.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Back on topic please.
    Playststion Bargains thread.

Does the Resident Evil super bundle have the HD remake and Director's Cut ?

Am I right in thinking that the Resident Evil Super Bundle doesn't have the HD remake but has Resi 1 with the Eirector's Cut option?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil-super-bundle/cid=EP0102-NPEJ00135_00-B000000000000376

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

Am I right in thinking that the Resident Evil Super Bundle doesn't have the HD remake but has Resi 1 with the Eirector's Cut option?

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-ie/games/resident-evil-super-bundle/cid=EP0102-NPEJ00135_00-B000000000000376
    you get all ps1 classic with res 4 hd, code v,res 5 and res 6 no res 1 HD.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

rob808 wrote: »
    you get all ps1 classic with res 4 hd, code v,res 5 and res 6 no res 1 HD.

It's basically everthing that was released before the first Revelations, isn't it?

Is RE6 worth a punt at €9 or am I best off leaving it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,319 ✭✭✭rob808

It's basically everthing that was released before the first Revelations, isn't it?

Is RE6 worth a punt at €9 or am I best off leaving it?
    well res 6 just pure action it not really like the horror in others like res 1,2,3,4, it like 5 but just all action all the way it not bad for €9.

500gb PS4 with Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, and the Uncharted Collection for EUR 349.99 in Argos.

1TB version of that deal is EUR 379.99

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Faker74 wrote: »
    500gb PS4 with Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, and the Uncharted Collection for EUR 349.99 in Argos.

1TB version of that deal is EUR 379.99

I cant find that deal ?

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement