Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

I cant find that deal ?

The Console with the Assassins Creed and Watch dogs bundle are priced at over 400 Euro, but click into them, go to special offers and hit the check mark for Uncharted and the whole thing is then reduced to the prices I mentioned!

Looking at it though there does not seem to be stock of the uncharted game at the moment... anyone have experience of dealing with Argos for these kinds of things? Would they be willing to sub in a different game maybe?

Having just been to two different Argoses (Argosi?) in Dublin city centre I can confirm that you cannot sub in a different game to replace uncharted. (Just thought I'd chance my arm). One store confirmed it will be a while before they get more stock.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Thats really weird and/or annoying. You can't reserve it at that price because theres no Uncharted in stock :/
    And if you try at a store that does have the 2 it stays at the higher price....actually no it doesnt. Im just being dumb

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Faker74 wrote: »
    The Console with the Assassins Creed and Watch dogs bundle are priced at over 400 Euro, but click into them, go to special offers and hit the check mark for Uncharted and the whole thing is then reduced to the prices I mentioned!

Looking at it though there does not seem to be stock of the uncharted game at the moment... anyone have experience of dealing with Argos for these kinds of things? Would they be willing to sub in a different game maybe?

Having just been to two different Argoses (Argosi?) in Dublin city centre I can confirm that you cannot sub in a different game to replace uncharted. (Just thought I'd chance my arm). One store confirmed it will be a while before they get more stock.

Great job. I just reserved one of the 500gb ones in Clonmel. I have a seagate 1tb 7200 drive to put in .

Thanks for posting it up.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,705 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

500gb PS4 with Assassin's Creed Syndicate, Watchdogs, and the Uncharted Collection for EUR 349.99 in Argos.

1TB version of that deal is EUR 379.99

Can't seem to view on Argos webpage! Must be heavy traffic for such a good deal!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Dark Souls 2 on ps4 is 20 bucks new in gamestop. Absolute bargain

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭da gamer

blaa85 wrote: »

While I'd consider myself a gamer, I don't know if I have the necassary skill and patience to play this for long. Is it really as hard as is reported?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Picked up a 1TB one in Ashbourne. Cheers for the heads up! :D
    Now I cant play until Christmas :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

da gamer wrote: »
    While I'd consider myself a gamer, I don't know if I have the necassary skill and patience to play this for long. Is it really as hard as is reported?

I gave up on Bloodborne very early, which is essentially the same series as Dark Souls, having never played any of them before. I don't want to put you off getting it, but these games really aren't for everyone. At least for €20, if you don't like it you can still get a fairly good price for it in CEX.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

martyos121 wrote: »
    I gave up on Bloodborne very early, which is essentially the same series as Dark Souls, having never played any of them before. I don't want to put you off getting it, but these games really aren't for everyone. At least for €20, if you don't like it you can still get a fairly good price for it in CEX.

Bloodborne is a walk in the park compared to the Souls trio.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

blaa85 wrote: »

Is that the regular version or Scholar of the First Sin? If it isn't SotFS I'd give it a pass tbh, it won't run as well or look as nice and you won't get all the DLC as standard.
    martyos121 wrote: »
    I gave up on Bloodborne very early, which is essentially the same series as Dark Souls, having never played any of them before.

Same series but the combat is pretty different, Bloodborne expects players to be a lot more aggressive and agile in their play by comparison to traditional Souls.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Xenji wrote: »
    Bloodborne is a walk in the park compared to the Souls trio.

Exactly the reason I tried Bloodborne first. Knew I'd be wasting my money on Dark Souls, at least I had a fighting chance with Bloodborne. Love the style and setting of Bloodborne, just not the gameplay and difficulty. I'm not a huge fan of games that are hard just for the sake of it, because less patient gamers like myself don't have a chance to finish and enjoy them, since there aren't lower difficulty levels (which is fine btw, it's a decent selling point for the serious gamers).

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

Is that the regular version or Scholar of the First Sin? If it isn't SotFS I'd give it a pass tbh, it won't run as well or look as nice and you won't get all the DLC as standard.

There's no non-SofS edition for PS4 so no need to worry there!

As for whether one should take the gamble? Be aware that DS2 is fairly generally regarded as the weakest in the Souls series. 'Weakest' in this sense still means a regularly brilliant game that is rarely less than totally compulsive, and only really suffers in comparison to its predecessors and successor. I'd definitely recommend Dark Souls or Bloodborne over it, though.

The series is challenging, and takes patience, but in another way its difficulty can be somewhat overstated. Yes, you'll die a lot, but IMO most players are unlikely to come up across the sort of barriers you find in, say, a really fiendish 2D shooter where there all but the best players will find themselves plateauing. The Souls games are surmountable - it will take you time and require commitment, but you'll get there. The elaborate systems are in many ways designed to help, not hinder you, and almost every challenge has a clear, consistent rule set (there's a few cheap tricks in all the games, but not that many :pac:). Yes, some people will find it is simply not for them, but there's countless reasons why the games are held in such high esteem, and the challenge is but one - there's so much more to take from a Souls game than that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

little of topic but price related. I was about to enter the PS4 realm and buy the console finally, when I walked into gamestop and saw MGS5 for €75 new and 60 preowned!!!!!!!!!! then a rcent COD title for €70!!!! Seen some unknown titles for 20-40 range, but any title I heard of was in €60 range!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

ibstar wrote: »
    little of topic but price related. I was about to enter the PS4 realm and buy the console finally, when I walked into gamestop and saw MGS5 for €75 new and 60 preowned!!!!!!!!!! then a rcent COD title for €70!!!! Seen some unknown titles for 20-40 range, but any title I heard of was in €60 range!!!

Lesson here. Don't go near gamestop. Ever

Ignore gamestop. Robbing bastards.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭ibstar

Thanks for advice, just checked out argos and MGS5 is 61 and smyths is 65. I'll probably wait now until after xmas to pick it up to see if I can get a better deal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,566 ✭✭✭ZeitgeistGlee

I actually found DaS2 the easiest of the three that I've played, then again I didn't learn how to use visceral attacks in Bloodborne until I fought
    The Cainhurst Hunter
    and they do make the game a fair bit easier in fairness I suppose.
    Thanks for advice, just checked out argos and MGS5 is 61 and smyths is 65. I'll probably wait now until after xmas to pick it up to see if I can get a better deal.

€52 from Amazon (check "Other Sellers" at the side) if you take super saver delivery and are prepared to wait the few days to get it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

but thats what they generally cost anyway?

miece16 wrote: »
    but thats what they generally cost anyway?

E75?? Nah...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Gamestop expensive? That's a shock. :) Plenty of cheaper places to buy games if you shop around.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,839 ✭✭✭Caovyn Lineah

Never buy games from gamestop, I have never once found them to be cheaper on any title.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,519 ✭✭✭Flint Fredstone

Never buy games from gamestop, I have never once found them to be cheaper on any title.

True but what bricks and mortar shops are considerably better?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

True but what bricks and mortar shops are considerably better?

Argos always best on new releases in my experience

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

20th anniversary controller €60 in Argos.

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3256040/c_1/1|category_root|Video+games|14419738/c_2/3|19780877|PS4|37328275/c_3/4|cat_37328275|PS4+controllers+and+steering+wheel|37328627.htm

I thought the scratch pad was supposed to have the little PS symbols on it ...or was that just the controller with the limited edition console ?

Anyone else know of any deals for controllers around ? .

edit...same price in Smyths.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 348 ✭✭tkd93

Lots of places are selling a 1tb with uncharted Collection, new assassins creed and watch dogs for 400.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 189 ✭✭markc2951

Seen a clip on tv about a black ops ps4 bundle ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

2 Months free Spotify Premium when you sign in through PSN.

NOTE: You must also cancel via your PSN account to prevent automatic renewal. Go into your PSN account> Click "Media"> Spotify> Undo renewal.
    Or Click Here

You don't need a Playstation console to create an account and avail of this offer either.

Once your premium account is active you can use it on your mobile/tablet/pc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

For that PS4 offer, are Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs on disk or download codes?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 445 ✭✭Pedro Monscooch

CastorTroy wrote: »
    For that PS4 offer, are Assassin's Creed and Watch Dogs on disk or download codes?

Assassins Creed is a physical copy and Watch Dogs is a digital download.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ok. Was just thinking could buy and trade in to cex. Watch Dogs isn't worth too much anyway but AC is worth about €38 or £32 cash

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement