Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 372 ✭✭johnybean

that shop is arseways . I can't find out how much shipping will be unless I put in CC details.

How much was shipping to Eire ?

they charged me for both copies separately which was strange but shipping was about £1.90 I think, game cost €29.96 including postage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,871 ✭✭✭Karen23

Looking for the best price on GTA V for PS4 if anyone has seen any bargains.

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Lots of ppl on here buy from them without issue.

Went to purchase but payment wouldnt authorize, looks like Chrome is blocking some suspicious scripts. Very dodgy payment process.

Anyone else have these issues?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Base has always been fine for me. Great prices and great delivery times (usually), but if you're browser is pointing out red flags, always stay away, no matter the reputation of the site. People are far too carefree with their personal dentils these days, it's so, so easy to be stung.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

Sony Playstation Wireless 2.0 headset £49.99 on Amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

This seems like a decent enough deal.

390 euro
    PlayStation 4 1 TB System (Jet Black)
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    God Of War III
    The Last Of Us Remastered

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/55274/playstation-4-1tb-players-mega-pack

Anybody think there'll be anything better than this between now and xmas?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

James74 wrote: »
    This seems like a decent enough deal.

390 euro
    PlayStation 4 1 TB System (Jet Black)
    Uncharted: The Nathan Drake Collection
    God Of War III
    The Last Of Us Remastered

https://www.gamestop.ie/PlayStation%204/Games/55274/playstation-4-1tb-players-mega-pack

Anybody think there'll be anything better than this between now and xmas?

I'm holding out until Black Friday to see if there'll be any better deals. I'd imagine you might get something then, probably better than this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

DubDJ wrote: »
    I'm holding out until Black Friday to see if there'll be any better deals. I'd imagine you might get something then, probably better than this.

To be fair, if you're new to all those franchises, that's a great bundle to spend your Xmas with

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Have an Argos reservation code for Black Ops 3 for PS4 for Mahon Point Cork if anyone wants it feel free to PM me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

What's wrong with the argos website? Reservations ain't working.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

CDBWhoop wrote: »

For the sake of €8+ ,your better off with the PX4's . The battery life is far superior and they are far more sturdy.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EI4V3X2/ref=s9_simh_gw_p63_d0_i1?pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=0MSJ35TZ27Q5427BWZXQ&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=577049067&pf_rd_i=desktop

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Takes up the SPDIF port?

Not ideal if you like your surround sound...

Does the official one also connect to the surround sound?

I suppose it is a matter of choice but personally I would take the Sony headphones over the PX4's. Some of the Amazon reviews on the PX4's raise questions about the build quality and wireless connectivity - but I don't have a pair so I can't comment.

I have the Sony 2.0's and on the plus side the mic is built in, there is an on-screen indicator (mic on/off, battery life) and a companion app with game specific sound profiles. Battery life is around 5 to 6 hours which is plenty.

Fieldog wrote: »
    Takes up the SPDIF port?

The official one is Stereo 2.0 with 7.1 virtual surround. It connects wirelessly via a single USB dongle.

The official one is Stereo 2.0 with 7.1 virtual surround. It connects wirelessly via a single USB dongle.

I'd rather a USB port to be used as opposed to my trusty old 5.1 Logitech beast...

I see they are 70 in Argos also at the moment...

I use my DJ headphones sometimes connected via controller as they have a "made for IPhone" cable with them, they seem to only work sometimes though, seems to depend on PS4 FW for some reason.

They worked fine on 3.0, and now they don't work again on the recent one, I have a one eared Triton one that's fine for just that, sometimes I would rather having the 2 ears though....

Fieldog wrote: »
    Takes up the SPDIF port?

The PX's have a spdif pass through for that reason.

User reviews...Amazon reviews are infamously unreliable as anyone can post,
    http://www.engadget.com/products/turtle-beach/ear-force/px4/

I have the PX4's and I have tried the Sony set. The sound is a lot fatter in the PX's and the battery life is a gift as it lasts about twice as long as the Sony set. The Sony set feels like a toy compared to the Px's and the build quality is very flimsy . Yes the PX's take up a Usb port and you need to plug the mic into the controller...but that does not bother me as the quality wins me over every time I use them.

However ...my opinion is based on the fact that these are all wireless headsets...which are actually all crap compared to wired sets imo ;)

However ...my opinion is based on the fact that these are all wireless headsets...which are actually all crap compared to wired sets imo ;)

I agree with you there alright, wired beats wireless any day of the week, and I don't know how much of a fan of fake 7.1 I would be, the quality of my cans would be way better than all of these but they only work intermittently... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 253 ✭✭dawidnowak2005

Call of duty black ops 3 for ps4 50€ in super value, sorry if was posted already

$20 Canada credit is back...it's gone up in price though.
    http://www.pcgamesupply.com/buy/PlayStation-Network-20-Card-CANADA/

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,803 ✭✭✭lertsnim

€13.99 is CA$20 so it's a fair price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Used to be 5% cheaper, they must adjust with currency fluctuations

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

Would these work with a sony TV? If I plugged the USB dongle into one of the TV slots?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Are headphones actually 5.1? I've never tried any but my curiosity is peaked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

SMC92Ian wrote: »

Not at all, they just try to replicate 5.1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

SMC92Ian wrote: »

They can't be.

All headphones are 2.0 really.

matrim wrote: »
    Would these work with a sony TV? If I plugged the USB dongle into one of the TV slots?

Never tried it so no idea, I'll try it out later.

Pro Evolution 2016 is 36 with PS+ discount on the store, couldn't resist at that price, spent 4 hours with option files since yesterday and still ain't kicked a ball.... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Fieldog wrote:
    Pro Evolution 2016 is 36 with PS+ discount on the store, couldn't resist at that price, spent 4 hours with option files since yesterday and still ain't kicked a ball....

Plan on getting it myself but do you have to do all the kit changes etc manually?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

dohboy wrote: »
    Plan on getting it myself but do you have to do all the kit changes etc manually?

Yes :(

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement