Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭CDBWhoop

matrim wrote: »
    Would these work with a sony TV? If I plugged the USB dongle into one of the TV slots?

They didn't work on a Phillips tv when plugged into the USB so unless your Sony TV is different and can recognise them I would say no.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

wonski wrote: »
    They can't be.

All headphones are 2.0 really.

put your headphones on and listen to this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

that's still 2.0.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Fallout 4 is 54.99 in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Anyone know cheapest place for Battlefront? Maybe Argos will have it at the cheapest price?...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Anyone know cheapest place for Battlefront? Maybe Argos will have it at the cheapest price?...

Argos are always the cheapest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Game Collection have it for the equivalent of €55. You'd do extremely well to beat that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

The Witcher 3 €32.89

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 794 ✭✭✭Redlion

Skerries wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 €32.89

Just be aware that you might be liable for customs and handling charges for items priced over €22 from Zavvi.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

Redlion wrote: »
    Just be aware that you might be liable for customs and handling charges for items priced over €22 from Zavvi.

Also you may have to wait anywhere between two weeks and two months to get it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

New discounts including God of war 3 reduced to €21

https://psprices.com/region-ie/discounts?platform=PS4&sort=date

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Folks, I'm interested in picking up a PS4. Haven't had a console since PS1 so am a complete noob on what to look out for.

I'm guessing that Argos are cheapest? I see a GTA V bundle on offer. Any remarks regarding if its an older 'buggy' console and controller or am I talking waffle.

Cheers!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Folks, I'm interested in picking up a PS4. Haven't had a console since PS1 so am a complete noob on what to look out for.

I'm guessing that Argos are cheapest? I see a GTA V bundle on offer. Any remarks regarding if its an older 'buggy' console and controller or am I talking waffle.

Cheers!

Argos do some brilliant deals that are hard to beat. No the consoles arent buggy but you will need a bigger harddrive at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭velo.2010

Thanks. Yeah, I see its all 'bout the harddrive! I like the look of GTA V and Assasins Creed, though I don't think I'll be spending too many hours playing the games (famous last words!!). Not too fussed about playing online but I understand that all updates are handled that way.

I'll have a chat with someone before I decide to pull the trigger on one. Thanks again.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

velo.2010 wrote: »
    Thanks. Yeah, I see its all 'bout the harddrive! I like the look of GTA V and Assasins Creed, though I don't think I'll be spending too many hours playing the games (famous last words!!). Not too fussed about playing online but I understand that all updates are handled that way.

I'll have a chat with someone before I decide to pull the trigger on one. Thanks again.

Well if you get a membership to PS+ (50 a year) you get free games every month aswell :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

jonny24ie wrote: »
    Argos do some brilliant deals that are hard to beat. No the consoles arent buggy but you will need a bigger harddrive at some point.

Tbf, there's plenty of storage as it is for someone who's a casual gamer. You can easily have 8-12 games (depending on size) on it at any one time. Deleting 1 or 2 to make space for a newer game isn't a problem for most people, especially when you can just redownload the deleted games at some point in the future if needs be.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Blatter wrote: »
    Tbf, there's plenty of storage as it is for someone who's a casual gamer. You can easily have 8-12 games (depending on size) on it at any one time. Deleting 1 or 2 to make space for a newer game isn't a problem for most people, especially when you can just redownload the deleted games at some point in the future if needs be.

I agree. I currently have The Witcher 3, Unity, The Last Of Us, Mad Max, Sleeping Dogs, Metro Redux and about 40 indy games all installed to the stock hard drive and i still have 97gb free.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

Now €30 ,US acc.

Uncharted Nathan Drake Collection Playstation 4 ( Full Game Download)
    http://boxeddeal.com/gaming/playstation-4/uncharted-nathan-drake-collection-playstation-4-full-game-download.html

Getting payment authorisation declined on both PayPal and card payment using this site. Did anyone else have any issues?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

jonny24ie wrote: »

Some of them are, probably a small % though. The one I bought from Argos a few months back constantly ejects discs on me. None of the fixes online work so I'm left to live with it and only buy games from PSN or return to Sony I guess. Other than that pain in the neck, it's a great machine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Some of them are, probably a small % though. The one I bought from Argos a few months back constantly ejects discs on me. None of the fixes online work so I'm left to live with it and only buy games from PSN or return to Sony I guess. Other than that pain in the neck, it's a great machine.

If you only bought it a couple of months ago return it.
    I've had to return two consoles so far as the fans were crazy loud and on 100% all the time and the console was still getting way too hot.

The console is covered under warranty for a year so just bring it in to them and say it's faulty, just back up all of your data online and make sure you remove it as your primary console on the psn menus or whatever they are as it's a nightmare to do once you've handed the console over.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FourFourFM wrote: »
    Getting payment authorisation declined on both PayPal and card payment using this site. Did anyone else have any issues?

Someone else had similar problems with that site. I would leave well alone.
    It's currently €26.86 with cdkeys

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,937 ✭✭✭FourFourRED

I love you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

FourFourFM wrote: »
    I love you

easy tiger :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭dohboy

Assassin's Creed Unity on PS Store for €20. Is it worth a punt now that all the furore is over?

• Registered Users Posts: 727 ✭✭✭Muirshin Durkin

absolute steal, cheers man

Just bought, cheers!

I don't love you yet but i'm willing to give you time to woo me further.

dohboy wrote: »
    Assassin's Creed Unity on PS Store for €20. Is it worth a punt now that all the furore is over?

I think it's a good game, loads of things to do, just make sure you download the huge patch for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

The worst Assassins Creed game in the series in my opinion. But for €20 its a decent time killer

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

I think I'll get that, I've played nearly all the creed games and I always enjoy them. 3 got slated by most people but I thought it was really good. Black flag was excellent too.

The only one I started and didn't finish was revelations.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

EGriff wrote:
    I think I'll get that, I've played nearly all the creed games and I always enjoy them. 3 got slated by most people but I thought it was really good. Black flag was excellent too.

Its about that price in CEX and you can sell or trade after

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement