Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Lego dimensions starter pack for ps3 reduced to €85 in Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

Argos have the PS4 500GB Bundled with Assasins Creed Syndicate + Watchdogs for €319.99. Add Fallout (If stock is available) for an extra €14 or even better Uncharted: NDC can be added for Free. CeX will give you €31 if your not interested in Uncharted. Good price for a PS4 and two games, at under €300. Plus a €10 Argos voucher. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

DubDJ wrote: »
    Argos have the PS4 500GB Bundled with Assasins Creed Syndicate + Watchdogs for €319.99. Add Fallout (If stock is available) for an extra €14 or even better Uncharted: NDC can be added for Free. CeX will give you €31 if your not interested in Uncharted. Good price for a PS4 and two games, at under €300. Plus a €10 Argos voucher. :P

I was gonna jump on this...but ,I'm gonna hold out for the Darth Vader one...it might be worth it ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,917 ✭✭✭nix

Yeah went into argos today and picked up the AC syndicate and watch dogs with uncharted collection for €319.99, opened the box on the counter and took the Watchdogs game out, put the box back in the bag and waltzed into CEX and traded watchdogs in for €12.00 off bloodborne, got bloodborne for €26.00.

So got PS4 500GB, syndicate, uncharted collection and bloodborne all for €337.99 (also had an almost forgotten oneforall voucher in my wallet to the value of €8.00 :D)

Not bad considering i was thinking of buying the Ps4 and uncharted for €350 last week.

So now just to finish syndicate real quick and trade it in for MGS or batman :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,429 ✭✭✭Kenjataimu

PS4 500GB on the Irish Argos ebay site for 306.98 delivered (299.99+6.99 P&P)

4 left

• Advertisement

I got the PS4 Assassin's bundle with FO4 in Waterford yesterday. FO4 was not in stock and there is no delivery date. I have to wait till it's back in stock to pick it up (seller wrote on the receipt that I can pick it up when in stock for €14.99 )

I'm keeping an eye on Argos to reserve it when it's in stock. If anyone else notices it before I do, will you please put up here if it comes back into Argos.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 959 ✭✭✭4real

anyone know the cheapest place to buy a ps4 dualschock 4 controller?

4real wrote: »
    anyone know the cheapest place to buy a ps4 dualschock 4 controller?

€60 seems to be the best about at the moment (Argos/Smyths) I've been watching for a while now.

You can get them in Gamestop UK ...but by the time it gets here ,it's about the same price.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

KeithTS wrote: »
    If you only bought it a couple of months ago return it.
    I've had to return two consoles so far as the fans were crazy loud and on 100% all the time and the console was still getting way too hot.

The console is covered under warranty for a year so just bring it in to them and say it's faulty, just back up all of your data online and make sure you remove it as your primary console on the psn menus or whatever they are as it's a nightmare to do once you've handed the console over.

Cheers for this. Rang Argos last week explaining the problem with the discs ejecting and they said to bring it in - they'll need to replicate the problem before replacing. Went down this morning and they just gave me a replacement straight away, nice new CUH-1216a model and a free copy of Fifa 16! No more touch button crap so I'm happy out. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,580 ✭✭✭✭Riesen_Meal

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Cheers for this. Rang Argos last week explaining the problem with the discs ejecting and they said to bring it in - they'll need to replicate the problem before replacing. Went down this morning and they just gave me a replacement straight away, nice new CUH-1216a model and a free copy of Fifa 16! No more touch button crap so I'm happy out. :)

You know that could have been fixed with only tightening a screw under the flap beside the HDD?

https://youtu.be/nUDx9TOT8VU

But at least you got a new model PS4... :)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,472 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

Fieldog wrote: »
    You know that could have been fixed with only tightening a screw under the flap beside the HDD?

https://youtu.be/nUDx9TOT8VU

But at least you got a new model PS4... :)

Yep I knew about that "fix" but it's only temporary. Same with re-installing the firmware and unplugging etc. All of them only seem to be temporary fixes (or were for me anyway) - the disc eject comes back after a while. There were other issues with it too like beeping like mad when turned off etc. The full replacement also meant I got a new dualshock with no wear & tear unlike the one I had to give back.

Delighted to be rid of it at last! Can finally play The Last of Us and a few others now. :)

Here's a code for the Argos , Wexford store for the Assassins creed / Watchdogs bundle PS4 for €320.

. It needs to be collected today.

Actually...pm me as I don't want a load of ppl turning up and someone else got it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,884 ✭✭✭madds

I'm looking to pick up a 1TB PS4 with FIFA 16 bundled for my son. The Argos.ie website has this deal offered at EUR 389.99 but is showing all stores being out of stock. Does anyone know what day stocks arrive into Argos or is it just a case of checking the website a few times a day? Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

madds wrote: »
    I'm looking to pick up a 1TB PS4 with FIFA 16 bundled for my son. The Argos.ie website has this deal offered at EUR 389.99 but is showing all stores being out of stock. Does anyone know what day stocks arrive into Argos or is it just a case of checking the website a few times a day? Thanks.

I got that bundle 2 months ago for 350 so i'd advise that you get one of the newer bundles that are currently better value and buy fifa seperately, there's lots of codes/discs floating around adverts.

sweetie wrote: »

I got that bundle 2 months ago for 350 so i'd advise that you get one of the newer bundles that are currently better value and buy fifa seperately, there's lots of codes/discs floating around adverts.
    Thanks. What do you mean by one of the newer bundles? Any by codes/discs do you mean people selling FIFA16 on second hand like http://www.adverts.ie/games/fifa-16/9276721?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Skerries wrote: »
    The Witcher 3 €32.89

Anyone had any word on this? I ordered it when I saw this post a week ago but nothing about dispatch yet.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Anyone had any word on this? I ordered it when I saw this post a week ago but nothing about dispatch yet.

What did zavvi say when you contacted them?

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,004 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Argos deal

Thanks whiterebel.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

I saw this on HUKD.
    Cheapest anywhere brand new, by quite a bit - Thrustmaster T-Flight Hotas X PS3 (PC compatible) - £20 (~ €28)

You could add IL-2 Sturmovik: Birds of Prey and something for 42 Pence for free shipping.

It's worth pointing out it can be bought in CEX for €22

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 111 ✭✭Borgman100

Any good Star Wars Battlefront deals spotted yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

A Neurotic wrote: »

Zavvi are awful, you will be lucky to see it this side of Christmas.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,906 ✭✭✭EGriff

Borgman100 wrote: »
    Any good Star Wars Battlefront deals spotted yet?

€66 in Argos and €65 in Smyth's, €75 in GameStop.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

F1ngers wrote: »
    What did zavvi say when you contacted them?

Just got the reply today:
    Thank you for getting in touch to ask about the estimated dispatch of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Games PS4] .

I am really sorry that this has not yet been dispatched. The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt [Games PS4] is on special order for you with our supplier but at this time they are unable to give me a date for when they will have it back in stock. In the meantime our buyers are trying to obtain this for you from other suppliers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Anywhere decent priced for controllers? I'm looking for a second PS4 controller and am loathed to part with €70+ for it but they never seem to be reduced in sales or anything.

Anywhere decent priced for controllers? I'm looking for a second PS4 controller and am loathed to part with €70+ for it but they never seem to be reduced in sales or anything.

€60 in Smyths and Argos.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Just Cause 3 on PS4 can be pre-ordered on The Game Collection for equivalent of €48.

http://www.thegamecollection.net/just-cause-3-ps4.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I heard a rumour somewhere that there is a groupon that will be available on Black Firday for DS4's for £22. May be worth hanging on and waiting to see if that is indeed a thing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

KeithTS wrote: »
    I heard a rumour somewhere that there is a groupon that will be available on Black Firday for DS4's for £22. May be worth hanging on and waiting to see if that is indeed a thing.

Oh yeah? Sweet. Will do, thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Would this be a decent bargain???

http://www.zavvi.com/games/turtle-beach-disney-infinity-gaming-headset-ps4-xbox-360-wii-u-pc-black/blue/11190099.html

Looking for the little lad for his Xbox one but might get another set for myself for the PS4

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement