Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Thepoet85 wrote: »
    Lads I'm looking to get GTA V. It's €41 on the standard PSN store. Could it be got any cheaper anywhere else? It's on the US store for $35 but I'd have to buy $40 worth of US PSN vouchers which would work out the same.

It's now slightly less in Argos and they have plenty of stock also

http://preview.tinyurl.com/qx5pygs

• Registered Users Posts: 2,752 ✭✭✭Thepoet85

amadablam wrote: »
    It's now slightly less in Argos and they have plenty of stock also http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/1586451/Trail/searchtext>GTA.html

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Anyone recommend some PS3 bargains to pick up? Just getting back into gaming and would like to play all the PS3 must-plays and then hopefully get a ps4 at some stage next year. I see LA Noire is 8 quid, well worth it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

Anyone recommend some PS3 bargains to pick up? Just getting back into gaming and would like to play all the PS3 must-plays and then hopefully get a ps4 at some stage next year. I see LA Noire is 8 quid, well worth it?

LA Noire is class. I'd call into CEX if you have one nearby, tonnes of ps3 games there and many are 5 quid or less.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,638 ✭✭✭deafroadrunner

La noire is great game if you like that sort of thing. I loved it

It's a massive map

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

LA Noire is class. I'd call into CEX if you have one nearby, tonnes of ps3 games there and many are 5 quid or less.

A lot of the games in CEX don't have the dlc, is that a big deal? Thinking of picking up Uncharted 2 tomorrow. What other essentials can be got in there at a good price?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

The version on the store is the complete edition with all the dlc so it would be better than just picking up a disk copy for a fiver. Red Dead Redemption is on there for €7.50 and Max Payne 3 is a fiver. Dragon Age Inquisition is €15 and I picked up Watch Dogs for a tenner. It's got plenty of critics but it thought it was with a punt at that price. If it's crap I won't lose out to badly.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

So played a bit of knack and well........I liked it :o I really love platformers and feel they have become under appreciated these days

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,241 ✭✭✭Vic Vinegar

A lot of the games in CEX don't have the dlc, is that a big deal? Thinking of picking up Uncharted 2 tomorrow. What other essentials can be got in there at a good price?

A lot of dlc is poor really anyway.

Enslaved: Odyssey to the West
    Far Cry 2
    Rainbow Six Vegas 2
    Modern Warfare 1,2,3
    X Men Origins Wolverine
    Brutal Legend
    The Darkness II

I've got all the above games as well as several Assassin's Creed games in there recently all for peanuts (i have played them all before but wanted to have them as i'm gatheting up ps3 games too)

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Spare code for Far Cry 4 on PS4 in Argos, Tallaght. €20. Reserved it last night before another one became available in liffey valley where I had other things to pick up. Has to be collected by close of business today. PM if interested.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭serjical_strike

have a spare reservation in Argos retail park Cork for the 299 Uncharted ps4 bundle. Reserved till the end of tomorrow 30/12.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

• Registered Users Posts: 483 ✭✭DeclanRe

Possibly already mentioned here - But the TellTale collection is just €30 on the PSN until tomorrow. Just for Tales from the Borderlands and the Wolf Among us its worth it. And you get GOT and the 2 Walking Deads. All very easy Platinums too!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 732 ✭✭✭Mister Robinson

For anyone interested in the CA PSN.

They are sneakily doing 10% off everything including their flash sale items with code: FH24P5BDR6 and is a one time purchase code.

Elder Scrolls online is 18 euro with the 10%

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

You would not get it till next year though.

• Registered Users Posts: 83 ✭✭kucyk

I have a spare reservation for PS4 with Uncharted - 500GB in Ashbourne, valid till end of the day. PM me if you want it.

UPDATE:
    Gone

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

any PS4 controller deals going? I know about the argos one for €42 but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Swarlez wrote: »
    any PS4 controller deals going? I know about the argos one for €42 but it seems to be sold out everywhere.

Thats the cheapest Ive ever seen them, maybe reserve one?

• Registered Users Posts: 366 ✭✭Swarlez

jonny24ie wrote: »

Yeah can't find it anywhere else for less than 50. I don't think you can reserve in argos when there is no stock in place.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Ps vita lego pack anywhere please??

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

jonny24ie wrote: »

Got 2 for €30 each off amazon a good while back but it was some special deal and 1 per order, sterling wasn't as strong as well either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,098 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

For anyone interested in the CA PSN.

They are sneakily doing 10% off everything including their flash sale items with code: FH24P5BDR6 and is a one time purchase code.

Elder Scrolls online is 18 euro with the 10%

The Order works out at €6. Is it worth it though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Got a email the 12 days of Christmas is starting tomorrow, new deal every second day.

Bought 1 game for their black Friday deals so hopefully it's not cheaper again.

Usually good games on it and there's been a few great games this year that were relese early enough in the year to get a discount now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,275 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Think last year's wasn't great but the year before was pretty good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Varik wrote: »
    Got a email the 12 days of Christmas is starting tomorrow, new deal every second day.

Bought 1 game for their black Friday deals so hopefully it's not cheaper again.

Usually good games on it and there's been a few great games this year that were relese early enough in the year to get a discount now.

Whats 12 days of Christmas now Ted

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

astonaidan wrote: »

A deal every day on the PS store. Quality of game and quality of discount vary. Sometimes you'll get a quality game at a good price or sometimes the game is crap/price drop isn't great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

astonaidan wrote: »

New deals every 2 days - one for each console - from 1 December until Christmas eve.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

F1ngers wrote: »

I was looking for the ps vita lego bundle, dont have the console so...thanks anyway

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭Messi19

Metal gear solid V for €35. 1st 12 days of xmas offer. Certainly has me tempted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement