Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Varik wrote: »
    Got a email the 12 days of Christmas is starting tomorrow, new deal every second day.

Bought 1 game for their black Friday deals so hopefully it's not cheaper again.

Usually good games on it and there's been a few great games this year that were relese early enough in the year to get a discount now.

Ah balls, just spend 50 quid just now on the store!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,375 ✭✭✭✭kunst nugget

Hmmm, so only a PS4 game is up so far for the first of the 12 deals. Hopefully this isn't how it's going to be for all deals, even if my wallet will thank me in the long run…

Edit: Just seen it's discounted for the PS3.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Lads, just to let anyone that bought a game in Argos before Black Friday that was reduced on Black Friday aware, you can bring it into the shop and they'll refund the difference.

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/price-promise.htm&mvt=HP1_fsarea

I bought the Witcher 3 on the Wednesday for €55 and it was reduced to €28 on Friday. I just brought my receipt in and they gave me €26 back. Can't complain about that!

You only have 14 days though so better be quick.

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭petejmk

Lads, just to let anyone that bought a game in Argos before Black Friday that was reduced on Black Friday aware, you can bring it into the shop and they'll refund the difference.

http://www.argos.ie/static/ArgosPromo3/includeName/price-promise.htm&mvt=HP1_fsarea

I bought the Witcher 3 on the Wednesday for €55 and it was reduced to €28 on Friday. I just brought my receipt in and they gave me €26 back. Can't complain about that!

Fantastic, thanks very much! Bought PES 2016 for €60 on the 21st. Down to €37 now. Would anyone know if it was any cheaper on Black Friday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

petejmk wrote: »
    Fantastic, thanks very much! Bought PES 2016 for €60 on the 21st. Down to €37 now. Would anyone know if it was any cheaper on Black Friday?

Chance your arm anyway. The woman in the shop looked at her computer and said "yeah it's 28 now" so I'd say that's all that matters. I think the Black Friday sale is stil on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Chance your arm anyway. The woman in the shop looked at her computer and said "yeah it's 28 now" so I'd say that's all that matters. I think the Black Friday sale is stil on.

The Black Friday sale seems to still be going for some items and not for others. I had WWE2K16 reserved on Friday at €19.50 and went in yesterday to pick it up and it was back at €64.95. I said I had reserved it at that price and they only charged me the reserve price but the sale is definitely over for that one. Whereas on the other hand the Dual Shock 4 is still at the Black Friday price.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭WarZoneBrother

Didn't Argos extend their return policy for Christmas so you could return an item before middle of January I think?... Not too sure if I am imagining this or maybe I saw it on a receipt... If this was the case you could rebuy games and use old receipt to get your money back...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

Argos really the winner for customer service the last while. Really impressed with them.

Didn't Argos extend their return policy for Christmas so you could return an item before middle of January I think?... Not too sure if I am imagining this or maybe I saw it on a receipt... If this was the case you could rebuy games and use old receipt to get your money back...

Slightly fraudulent no?? I like how well Argos treat customers, no need to take advantage of them dishonestly.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Slightly fraudulent no?? I like how well Argos treat customers, no need to take advantage of them dishonestly.

You also have to have the code sticker still on the box according to the manager of our local shop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

wow retailer does a good thing, first thought is how to profit from it :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 611 ✭✭✭bkrangle

The Black Friday sale seems to still be going for some items and not for others. I had WWE2K16 reserved on Friday at €19.50 and went in yesterday to pick it up and it was back at €64.95. I said I had reserved it at that price and they only charged me the reserve price but the sale is definitely over for that one. Whereas on the other hand the Dual Shock 4 is still at the Black Friday price.

I had WWE2K16 reserved for today but it never showed up in store (in Stephen's Green) they said they had particular problems with that title

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 29,699 CMod ✭✭✭✭johnny_ultimate

The last time a high street retailer (HMV) was so aggressively competitive with game prices they collapsed shortly after. Let's hope Argos know what they're doing :pac:

Also, I miss peak HMV :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

The last time a high street retailer (HMV) was so aggressively competitive with game prices they collapsed shortly after. Let's hope Argos know what they're doing :pac:

Also, I miss peak HMV :(

They'll be fine. Gaming is only a small part of their revenue, that's why they can get away with the cheap prices. Not quite a loss leader when you see the cheaper alternatives online, but damn close to it given the GameStop and Xtravision prices.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,283 ✭✭✭Deedsie

Where is the best place to buy the newer model PS4? And how do I distinguish if it is the new model I am buying from the box?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

Disney Sale on US/CAN Psn;

I think the pick are Toy Story 3 and Disney Universe;

Disney Day Sale

PlayStation 4 Games

Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition – $14.99
    Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight ‘Flurry’ – $2.50

PlayStation 3 Games

Bolt – $3.75
    Brave – $5.00
    Cars 2: The Video Game – $5.00
    Disney Infinity 3.0 Edition – $14.99
    Disney Universe – $5.00
    Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two – $5.00
    Frozen Free Fall: Snowball Fight ‘Flurry’ – $2.50
    LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean – $5.00
    Phineas and Ferb: Across the Second Dimension – $5.00
    Split/Second – $5.00
    Toy Story 3: The Video Game – $5.00
    Toy Story Mania – $5.00

PlayStation Vita Games

LEGO Pirates of the Caribbean (PSP) – $2.50
    Split/Second (PSP) – $5.00
    Tron Evolution (PSP) – $5.00

PS Minis

JellyCar 2 – $0.75

PSOne Classics

A Bug’s Life – $1.50
    Hercules – $1.50
    Lilo & Stitch – $1.50
    Monsters, Inc Scream Team – $1.50
    Peter Pan: Return to Neverland – $1.50
    The Emperor’s New Groove – $1.50
    The Little Mermaid 2 – $1.50
    Toy Story 2 – $1.50
    Toy Story Racer – $1.50

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭MDwyer

thanks ally gonna pick that one up :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Mervyn Skidmore

Just picked up far cry 4 for the ps3 from argos for €15. The picture showed the limited edition but I only got the regular. Bit disappointing but I'll keep it, still a good price. Might drop them an email to get them to change the picture.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

Nice one!!

Final Fantasy Type-0 just €18.99 (down from €60), Mortal Kombat X (€25) and Mad Max (€41) too.

Some good discounts there!

WWE 2k16 is €33.99 if you use the search bar to type PS4 then go to list of games... I tried ordering this during Black Friday for €19.99 for collection this week, the reservation went through but it never shows that I ordered this game it's just completely blank... Now that they have a copy back in stock, would I be fit to get it for €19.99 if I explained the situation do you think?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,458 ✭✭✭RedXIV

WWE 2k16 is €33.99 if you use the search bar to type PS4 then go to list of games... I tried ordering this during Black Friday for €19.99 for collection this week, the reservation went through but it never shows that I ordered this game it's just completely blank... Now that they have a copy back in stock, would I be fit to get it for €19.99 if I explained the situation do you think?

Exact same thing happened to me but I didn't challenge it. An empty reservation basically. Would be interested to hear how you get on if you go in for it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,961 ✭✭✭markcahill1985

Worth a shot if you have the reservation email.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

I did the same for until dawn, don't know if its worth chancing my arm.

Worth a shot if you have the reservation email.

I have the reservation email, but its completely blank, it just shows the stores address and not the game in which I ordered nor a reservation code for the game...

This is the e-mail I got:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Nice one!!

Final Fantasy Type-0 just €18.99 (down from €60), Mortal Kombat X (€25) and Mad Max (€41) too.

Some good discounts there!

Got mad max on amazon for £18. For ps4 the other day:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Got mad max on amazon for £18. For ps4 the other day:)

Just order final fantasy to collect next week . thx

If your email is blank then no reservation was made and its unlikely they'll honour it as it shows no product or price.

I have the reservation email, but its completely blank, it just shows the stores address and not the game in which I ordered nor a reservation code for the game...

This is the e-mail I got:

When I went down and was quoted the higher price, they wanted to see the email on my phone. Not saying it won't work but that's what the manager needed to put my lower price through in Dun Laoghaire.

• Advertisement

When I went down and was quoted the higher price, they wanted to see the email on my phone. Not saying it won't work but that's what the manager needed to put my lower price through in Dun Laoghaire.

Their systems seem to have messed up during the weekend as I have read loads of people having the same issue as me and not getting reservation numbers... After checking the e-mail it was made on the 27/11/15 and they had on the site that it was orderable and would be expected back from the 1st-3rd December but I am only seeing now that it's back in stock...

Not too fond of talking to managers, so not sure whether to chance it or not :rolleyes:

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement