Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,547 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

DeclanRe wrote: »
    Can anyone comment on this game? Any use?

I played it on PC as it was really cheap when released for some reason, got it for €18 pre-purchase

The gameplay is great if you like the Batman and Shadow of Mordor games, also as someone who doesn't like car driving games it was good fun taking out other cars or going after boss vehicles
    The only thing is that there are 4 areas to conquer in the game but after the 2nd area it all became very repetitive so I just went to end game and completed but that was well over 30 hours of gameplay so it is well worth €18

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

I'm assuming you've opened it, but so can't bring it back for a refund??

Is game any use, it's gonna be the first time I'll have bought a game that's multi-player online only

I've always preferred single player campaigns

I absolutely love it solely because it involves alot more thought that traditional FPS games. I was never a major fan of 'team' style games i can play them but would not actively pursue a team online multiplayer.

The reason this appealed to me is because there is construction of obstacles or destruction of obstacles involved the teams are small and the environments are real world siege type. Ive gotten alot of miles out of it since the beta its very satisfying entering a building or aeroplane from a route not expected and winning the round.

Again may not be everyone. But i loved the first Rainbox Six on PC and this stands up.

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭Faker74

White 500GB PS4 GTA5 bundle, with Uncharted collection and fallout 4... 354.99 in argos!

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Looking at the above list, what would you suggest for ps4?

I only have fifa right now. I Like sports games in general. Do kinda like assassins creed though I think. Seems alright. I like strategy/story games but nothing too.

I'm leaning towards NBA, Assassins creed or black ops.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,693 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

I only have fifa right now. I Like sports games in general. Do kinda like assassins creed though I think. Seems alright. I like strategy/story games but nothing too.

Give Destiny a whirl, brilliant game and you will invest alot of time into it so well worth every penny you spend on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,104 ✭✭✭✭listermint

If you only have Fifa, get the Last of Us get it straight away. List or not list hands down one of the top 3 games ever on PS3 PS4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,471 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Big sports gamer myself too. Best ones on PS4 are NBA 2K series, MLB The Show series (and I despise baseball IRL), Rocket League (pretty sure it counts), EA UFC (maybe wait for the new one though) and Madden.

As for story-driven games; The Last of Us and Sleeping Dogs are two I like. If you have any interest in open-world games, Borderlands Collection and Far Cry 4 are must-gets.

Haven't got around to playing it yet, but The Witcher 3 is meant to be outstanding too.

EDIT: Sorry only noticed you were referring to that list, if you're buying strictly from that set of games, I'd recommend NBA and The Witcher. The rest I've mentioned might interest you at some point though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭wong

I can confirm that The Witcher 3 is indeeed, outstanding.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,166 ✭✭✭Beefy78

Madden is pretty great if you've any passing interest in NFL.

Did you get Rocket League when it was free on PS+? If not then spend the few quid that that costs.

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Beefy78 wrote: »
    Madden is pretty great if you've any passing interest in NFL.

Did you get Rocket League when it was free on PS+? If not then spend the few quid that that costs.

I did :-) Great little game!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,226 ✭✭✭Liordi

listermint wrote: »
    If you only have Fifa, get the Last of Us get it straight away. List or not list hands down one of the top 3 games ever on PS3 PS4

Is the cheapest place to get this Amazon? Roughly €25 there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,688 ✭✭✭Nailz

If you like sports games then I can only suggest PES 2016. Probably one of the best soccer games ever made, up there with PES 5/6 and FIFA 12.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

Any speculation on what the future deals will be, anyone see a Fallout 4 deal coming up

• Registered Users Posts: 1,558 ✭✭✭quinnd6

Uncharted Collection for 29.99 deal of the day.
    That's not bad.
    I myself prefer discs though so will likely wait for the disc to go down in price.
    I haven't seen it go for that in the shops yet though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

wong wrote: »
    I can confirm that The Witcher 3 is indeeed, outstanding.

You ain't wrong bruh

30 quid for the Nathan Drake Collection is only fantastic value.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Very happy with the Uncharted deal...

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

Is the collection worth it if you've already played and enjoyed UC 1 & 2 on the ps3? Does the extra bling make much of a difference?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

Is there online co op with Nathan drake collection?

Edit.. Actually doesn't matter. I've way too many games to get through at the minute. By the time get to play this it'll be a fiver 2nd hand!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,507 ✭✭✭Finical

If I get the Uncharted collection deal. Will I have access to Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

Finical wrote: »
    If I get the Uncharted collection deal. Will I have access to Uncharted 4 multiplayer beta?

Yes it's on now until Dec 13th and that's it. The game is out in March

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Didn't get mad max but so far they're 3 for 3 on the deals.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭jclack

Bloodborne is $40 on psn canada so thats only about €26. just waiting for my psn cards to come through then getting it. After the positive feedback on here it sounds like a must have game

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,223 ✭✭✭✭DARK-KNIGHT

jclack wrote: »
    Bloodborne is $40 on psn canada so thats only about €26. just waiting for my psn cards to come through then getting it. After the positive feedback on here it sounds like a must have game

I thought the north american stores were region locked how are you managingbto buy there?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,506 ✭✭✭✭Xenji

I thought the north american stores were region locked how are you managingbto buy there?

You are not allowed to explain it here anymore, but no stores are region locked just like the PS3, you just have to make an account to match the store, a simple google will explain the rest.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭YouSavedMyLife

Good deals from PSN so far. Any chance we might see Star Wars on sale? Watching through the original movie trilogy for the first time over the last week and it has me really wanting to play the game despite its "lack of content"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,830 ✭✭✭✭Taltos

Uncharted downloaded now to PS4.
    Roll on Christmas vacation. Family won't see me for dust.
    Not seeing any good bargain on vita games, feeling neglected there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,795 ✭✭✭sweetie

jclack wrote:

Get the GOTY with the dlc for 10 more

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,746 ✭✭✭BullBlackNova

I love physically collecting the games but these psn offers have me considering breaking the ice and getting my games digitally, I don't know though

I was an avid game collecter too. Loved the pile of physical copies - but i made the jump because there's nowhere nearby to get them at a decent price, and these prices are fantastic. I mean, I checked Gamestop - its €75 for Mad Max vs €35 on PSN... It's a no brainer!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,174 ✭✭✭✭Captain Chaos

. I mean, I checked Gamestop - its €75 for Mad Max vs €35 on PSN... It's a no brainer!

It was €32-4 on Amazon delivered until yesterday too but it's gone up a bit today.
    It's still possible to get games as cheap or cheaper than PSN deals.

The Uncharted one now though is the best deal anywhere alright.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

Xenji wrote: »
    You are not allowed to explain it here anymore, but no stores are region locked just like the PS3, you just have to make an account to match the store, a simple google will explain the rest.

I don't think buying off the other stores was every a point of contention, it was more game-sharing that there was issues with.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement