Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Playstation Bargains

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,802 ✭✭✭lertsnim

Varik wrote: »
    I don't think buying off the other stores was every a point of contention, it was more game-sharing that there was issues with.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=56985577&postcount=1

Point 7 clearly says it cannot be discussed. It's not illegal but I'm sure they have their reasons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,056 ✭✭✭sticker

Hi All,

I'm loving the fact we can call on hunter help on Chalice Bosses.

Quick question though, just defeated level 3 boss of Isz (5 level)

But the lamp after the boss in is a huge circular room with no exit to level 4?

How do I move on?!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,395 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

How do I move on?!

Bloodborne thread would be a better place to ask.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 597 ✭✭✭miece16

sticker wrote: »
    Hi All,

How do I move on?!

great bargin

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,426 ✭✭✭Roar

WWE 2K16 is 41.99 with the deluxe edition 49.99 in the 12 days of Christmas sale

• Site Banned Posts: 806 ✭✭✭Martypants1

Roar wrote: »
    WWE 2K16 is 41.99 with the deluxe edition 49.99 in the 12 days of Christmas sale

Should I? :D

Is this on the european PSN?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,015 ✭✭✭SMC92Ian

Should I? :D

Is this on the european PSN?

I wouldn't, it's a terrible game, last night the loads times were awful in it for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,476 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

SMC92Ian wrote: »
    I wouldn't, it's a terrible game, last night the loads times were awful in it for me.

I got it in Argos at 19.49, played it for 2 hours and had it in CEX the next day.

And I REALLY wanted to like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,966 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

Lego .The Hobbit.
    £8.99.

out of time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

I love physically collecting the games but these psn offers have me considering breaking the ice and getting my games digitally, I don't know though

Get some physical and some digital? Unless you have upgraded your hard drive, going all-digital is a pain.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

00011000 wrote: »
    Get some physical and some digital? Unless you have upgraded your hard drive, going all-digital is a pain.

It's all installed anyway.

A 50GB game is 50GB on the HDD regardless of if it was installed from a disc or downloaded.

Only thing you'd need for going digital is a decent internet connection and decent download limits (or no limit), but with disc you can uninstall and reinstall as needed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 211 ✭✭00011000

It's all installed anyway.

A 50GB game is 50GB on the HDD regardless of if it was installed from a disc or downloaded.

Only thing you'd need for going digital is a decent internet connection and decent download limits (or no limit), but with disc you can uninstall and reinstall as needed.

All true. Good points. I did a 2TB upgrade and have 250MB broadband with no limits but yet I still vary my purchases between digital/physical with no real system in place for myself, so I'm in no position to give advice on the matter :)

Although generally if I'll be playing the game in short bursts a lot, I buy digital, just so I don't have to switch discs, like with Driveclub for example.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

If it's a game your probably going to keep and replay regularly, go the digital route. A game that you might play for a short while then pick up the physical disc and resell when your done. That's the way I do it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,705 ✭✭✭branners69

Hopefully this is alright to do but...

I have GTA V for the PS4 reserved in Argos (Jervis) for €40.79 which needs to be collected today by 7pm. It is currently being sold for €62.99 so the first to pm me with their email address gets it! I will email on the reservation email which you will need to show to Customer Services to get the sale price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

00011000 wrote: »
    All true. Good points. I did a 2TB upgrade and have 250MB broadband with no limits but yet I still vary my purchases between digital/physical with no real system in place for myself, so I'm in no position to give advice on the matter :)

Although generally if I'll be playing the game in short bursts a lot, I buy digital, just so I don't have to switch discs, like with Driveclub for example.
    You find its worth upgrading for, I started playing it last night and liked it, just not sure. Kinda wish it was multi player, same reason I didnt buy NFS

astonaidan wrote: »
    You find its worth upgrading for, I started playing it last night and liked it, just not sure. Kinda wish it was multi player, same reason I didnt buy NFS

I upgraded mine last night, 100 quid in Argos for a HDD and I then used the PS4 HDD to give the Xbox One extra space.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

I upgraded mine last night, 100 quid in Argos for a HDD and I then used the PS4 HDD to give the Xbox One extra space.

Do you mind me asking what HD you got for the PS4?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,552 ✭✭✭✭Varik

amadablam wrote: »
    Do you mind me asking what HD you got for the PS4?

There's a seagate for 85 (2TB) in Argos that'll work great.

There's a seagate for 85 (2TB) in Argos what work great.

Yeah that'd work out great and can put the old HD in the case, make sure it's not a desktop drive tho.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,727 ✭✭✭amadablam

Yeah that'd work out great and can put the old HD in the case, make sure it's not a desktop drive tho.

Cheers lads.

Its probably the same one I have been looking at for the Xbone as well. Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 2TB?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,578 ✭✭✭EoinHef

amadablam wrote: »
    Cheers lads.

Its probably the same one I have been looking at for the Xbone as well. Seagate Expansion USB 3.0 2TB?

This one:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3ESEAGATE+2TB.htm

It was actually a samsung spinpoint in the enclosure when i bought it. Storage is nice,wish there was a bit of a loading time improvement but alas not really. Decent drive,if i was to do it again i would look at a SSHD,faster loading times would be nice with the extra storage

Heres a link for the SSHD,half the size platter but brings speed benefits:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-Laptop-Solid-State-Hybrid/dp/B00B99JUBQ

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,528 ✭✭✭Lucious Sweet

EoinHef wrote: »
    This one:

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2489935/Trail/searchtext%3ESEAGATE+2TB.htm

It was actually a samsung spinpoint in the enclosure when i bought it. Storage is nice,wish there was a bit of a loading time improvement but alas not really. Decent drive,if i was to do it again i would look at a SSHD,faster loading times would be nice with the extra storage

I have that SSHD in mine and it definitely improves load times.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

EoinHef wrote: »

That same SSHD was €44.10 + shipping last week from amazon.de, maybe worth keeing an eye out for?
    In any case, it's €73.94 delivered now (from Apponlines), which is just over €15 cheaper than UK.

• Registered Users Posts: 963 ✭✭✭James74

PES2016 the next 12 Days deal.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

James74 wrote: »
    PES2016 the next 12 Days deal.

price?

I'm looking at the UK site here so probably not much good to most of the folks here, but £24.99. Saying its a 55% discount so I'd assume a similar discount in the Irish store.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Speckydodge

cheers

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Its €29.99 on the Irish site

• Advertisement

Its €29.99 on the Irish site

Nice, that's a bit of better deal than £24.99

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement